Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

These tricobalt-torpedo's are a strange thing.
    I saw a movie ones where there was a nation who created a cobalt bomb.
    The cobalt would react with oxygen, thus putting the planet on fire.

I don't know but maybe these torpedo's could tear a whole in space creating a wormhole, that would be nice.

@scott can you obtain some pictures or drawing of these vong species, and there ships, i would be much oblached.

@kittamru Do you have a solution to our gravity well projectors?

@saquist Is there an answer for that one chefron to there's to many on the stargate?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yeah, but a NegVarh (Klingon Battleship) is pretty damn powerful... that'd be comparing a great white to a whale.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Easy:

Dovil Basins require lots of power to sustain (they're black holes)

Stutter-fire the phaser arrays or use pulse phasers to cause the ships computer (it's all automatic) to open more of these basins than it can support. The next few salvos get thru unobstructed, hitting the coral of the ships and blowing it to pieces.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

8. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

thx very much. These are the things i'm looking for. Some nice rendered pics and blueprints. once again, respect

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I am in the unenvious position of agreeing with TW. Thalaron cloaks do not exist in Trek either. Thalaron is the bio-destructive cascade radiation that Shinzon used in Nemesis for a wide range weapon.

However

Here TW falls, ST has many episodes where cloaks are penetrated by graviton detection (and tachyon as well but this is a side point). Enterprise A and D both used the graviton method. SW cloaks would be easy-peasy-lemon-squeezy for the standard Trek starship.

10. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

1. Trek tricobalt torpedoes and a cobalt bomb from some undisclosed nation in another fiction are two entirely different things

(but wow to lighting an entire planet on fire)

2. There is no need to have a solution. Voyager withstood the gravity of a binary star pair in a "chicken" dare with an invading species (Janeway purposefully flew the ship thru the binary stars to scare the invading folk). The gravity of the binary system was stated to be strong enough to pull everything within a 50 million kilometer radius (will verify). Someone work that out

but I imagine fleet ships can withstand gravity well projectors.

11. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Skipers couldnt match a ISD they were starfighters, not saying that many of them couldnt take one down.

12. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Andromeda wins for 5 reasons
    1. Nova Bombs (40 Nova Bombs/ Glorious Heritage... and each can take out a STAR SYSTEM)
    2. World Ship (40 Nova Bombs cant take it out.)
    3. PSPs (Point Singularity Projectors, mini black holes that ignore ANY armor or shielding)
    4. Nietzscheans (Wtf? They so AWESOME! Charlemagne Bolivar is AWESOME!)
    5. Travel 3 Galaxies in 10 minutes.
    And Force Lances Rule!(Have you seen my force-lance?)

13. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Hey TWScott. The TW in your name stands for TREK WINS. Nuff said.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I thought the Scimitar used a cloak powered by the Thalaron device? Geordi mentions it midway thru the movie unless I'm misunderstanding him?

15. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

No, the thalaron generator is only for the weapon perched and deployed thru the Scimitar's wing structure. Everything else is powered by regular Romulan tech. Geordi only mentions the cloak as the most perfect he ever encountered.

16. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Trek equivalents:

1. Trilithium weapons: deploy a trilithium missile at a star system's sun, the resultant shockwave would decimate the neighbouring planets (see ST: Generations).

2. Dyson sphere (unknown if trilithium weapons would affect it)

3. Subspace weapons, subspace infarctions are not stopped by any defenses...one might be able to stop it by generating a counter event (ST: Insurrection), but never a sure thing. Enterprise-E was lucky.

4. Hmm...race preference is so subjective. Klingons, Romulans and Terrans share various qualities of the Nietzcheans. However, Trek has come across two separate genetically engineered human societies who were resistant to age and disease, physically superior...but not as aggressive as the Nietzcheans.

5. Transwarp and...quantum slipstream (hey! Trek and Andromeda share something, other than a creator

)

17. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

You say Dovin Basins take alot of energy to use, I have just got done reading the Dark tide books and it does not say they use alot of energy and the fact that Dovin Basins are living creatures that do it natrualy I dont see why it would take so much energy as you say.

18. The Devil Inside Banned Banned

can i have a list of pros and cons from each side of this debate? strengths and weaknesses of each contender?
    thanks!

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Regenerating dead and damaged cells is also natural for your body, yet almost 25% of your caloric intake is used for that singular purpose

That and while a few Dovin Basins aren't hard to maintain, try holding up a few dozen of the buggers. Instead of 7 or 8, we're talking 40 or 50 of them (remember, phasers can be stutter fired until contact with shields/hull is met and then the beam intensity ramped up to provide a powerful burst. This allows for the overloading of such a defense as well as for probing for objects you cannot see (eg, cloaked ships like the Scimitar))

20. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Hey Kittamaru why dont you head over to the Warhammer vs Startrek thread then you can see how you would get beat by space elfs, or gods...not little wanna be gods like Q but gods.

21. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

But really what is the point of all this?

22. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually it Stand for TechnWizard a type of fictional character in Palladium Book's Rifts role playing games.

So once again you are making an uneducated guess and are dead wrong.

23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Excuse me, but this is where you fail. Didn't you notice the point about the special comparative gravity sensors. If Trek can't find a damn ship inside a magnetic pole, then they don't have the refinement in sensor techology needed to find these ships. Hell in the thrawn trlogy Thrawn sent two light cruisers inside an atmospshere and they still were complelely undetectable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.