Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Did you mean the laws? We can't have anarchy or the world with be screwed up place ( not that it isn't a screwed up place already ).

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I believe there are scientists inspired by Star Trek, but to say the world is becoming Star Trek? I really don't think so.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

that's sounds very brainwashy. If people were not always under the thumb of man made law, they wouldn't act out. They wouldn't cause heinous crimes. The only reason the fight the system, fight the law, and everything else, is because it has always been corrupt. Those laws were created to serve the elite, and not the commoner.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Well the world can have no laws in everyone had integrity and honor, which a lot of people don't.

8. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

That's a circular argument. ---

Anyway I'm off to bed. I'll be back.

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Cya, bye

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, we dont' have kids - 21 and 23 here

No kids for a few years thanks

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, he stated simply that it was a parallel UNIVERSE to his own. There's a BIG difference.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yes, and you are not a rabid warsie. You are a dedicated fan. There is a HUGE difference.

Just like there are Trekkies, and TrekHeads. Trekkies (like myself) love the series and know it inside and out. Trekheads think they do, but make up crap to try to win arguments

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Actually, replication technology exists on the small scale now - we use similar processes to make infinitely small processing chips, laying circuits nearly atom by atom.

On a larger scale:

http://reprap.org/bin/view/Main/WebHome

The RepRap, self duplicating 3D Printer. It creates something like 90% of the materials needed to reproduce itself. The next step is making the final 10%, then self assembly. It's quite cool.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Take America for example - it is the citizens DUTY and RESPONSIBILITY to oust the government when it becomes corrupt... look at us now. Lol... it's horrible, and something is going to give. I just hope it's done before civil war 2.0 breaks out and results in WWIII...

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Well, here's a thought - why do we punish people who kill people by killing them to show that killing is wrong?

Answer- because we don't do it to show killing is wrong. We do it to get RID of people that kill for the sake of killing.

Your average serial killer can NOT be rehabilitated, no matter what the bleeding hearts might tell ya. They often kill for the joy of killing. You can't fix that.

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I think the death roll prisoners should be given a rifle that only works after a certain amount of time, stuffed in a plane and parachuted over enemy territory, they are going to die anyways, why not die with honor.

17. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I know I am not able to debate the firepower, I don't have the knowledge, I am 13 years old, I don't have the concept of megaton drilled into me, all I know it is 1 million tons of TNT. I know the numbers but not what they mean in terms of destruction. I am going to stay away from that. However I am going to debate how Star Wars will put up a good fight, even if it doesn't have superior firepower. You have to admit, the Empire have a superior army if not a superior navy.

P.S. Thanks for the compliment

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Omg, I never knew that! Anyways, it will be a long way till the green stuff stops making the world go around.

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I am tired, I am going to go take a shower and go to sleep, cya all.

20. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Ok. You may have to look a little farther back though because I didn't notice at the time it had already reached page 901. If you can't find it, just tell me and I'll post it again.

They are not. As I already pointed out before there are two types of shielding in Star Wars which I forget which does which at the moment because of how long its been since I’ve and SW or watched the movie, but lets see if I can get it right: Particle Shields block solid objects, asteroid, torpdoes etc.etc. Ray Shields block energy weapons, Tubolasers, plasma weapons etc.etc.

That is not contradicted since the movies have shown us that level of firepower from the Seismic Charges and the HTL bolt in RoTJ that vaporized an Imperial class-Star Destroyer which proves low Gigaton range firepower for Star Wars.

Proof? How much matter and anti-matter would have to be annihilated every second to much the high end 860 Teratons per second? The fact is from what I understand and recall reading at SB there is some technobabble about about Hypermatter that allows it to take up less space then the same amount of normal matter.

If you are talking about specifically Star Trek Anti-matter ignore this part.

He is talking about a completely different armor for the Sun Crusher. The QC armor used by the Sun Crusher is beyond any other type of armor in the EU that I know of in that it lets the ship ram through the bridge of an ISD completely intact, survive being at the core of a gas giant, and even a glancing hit from the prototype DS super laser which puts the armor in the high GT to mid-TT range.

I doubt that, the DS is far to large for normal Trek weapons to do that to. IIRC mountain size rocks from the first planet the DS destroyed in the novel Death Star just bounced off the shields and where moving at farctions of C.
    Going to take heavy firepower to take down a Death Star.

I wouldn't go that path if I were you since that is one of the ways in which the ICS high end is defended. Eh, they still have proof of low GT from G canon at least now.

Does the number need to be stated? If not, we know that Mustfar in RoTS is around 40K light years from Imperial Center and the Emperor took no more then an hour at most to reach the planet. You also have Darth Maul going from the outer rim in TPM to the core within a short amount of time also (more in the area of a day I believe).

I believe that the Q could be killed by normal weapons IF cut off from the Continuum like in VOY during the Q War Civil. A sub-space shock wave from an exploding star cut a Q of from the Continuum which took away her powers which would most likely mean she could be killed without Q weapons.

Think about how impossible it should be for an ISD to use carry enough fuel for a full combat load. The fact is it Hypermatter has some sort of technobabble about complex matter that allows it to take up less space then the same amount of normal matter. Or that is what I remember seeing over at SB once. At least it takes care of the fact of where the hell they put it all.

Now, I didn't forget anything or miss anything did I?

*Clears throat* All hail the almighty Irken Empire! UNIVERSAL CONQUEST IS NEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

WWIII that brings back memories....ST memories that is

lets hope we can at least TRY and prevent it in our world :/

22. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

....*wispers* "Throat lozenge for you sire?"

23. ricrery Banned Banned

Daleks are supreme, Irken are inferior! Inferior creatures are the enemy of the Daleks, they must be destroyed! EX-TER-MIN-ATE ALL IRKEN!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.