Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

It turns out that Sesmic Charges ( Jango's little bombs ) aren't rare and expensive at all, it is mainly used to clear asteroid fields. I don't know why they are never used as field artillery rounds to soften up the enemy, and I don't know why they aren't used prolifically in warfare, but if used it will be very deadly.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. George1 Registered Senior Member

well they aren't use as artillery mainly because: on the ground,BAD IDEA,the
    shock wave is kilometers in radius,to close to you,
    and in space against capital ships,simply because capital shielding is to strong!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I meant LONG RANGE artillery shelling the like crazy from a safe distance. It could be used as anti-fighter/gunship weapons.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

My point is if a resourceful commander took command of the Imperial forces, then its power could be multiplied many times over, they got so many resources that they simply didn't use. Sesmic charges could be used to blow the crap out of planets. They are about the size of a water bottle mind you ( I was wrong about hand-grenades ).

8. George1 Registered Senior Member

yes,but thye probally had weapons far better and at approximate the same cost!or who knows?

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm, no. Because it bears the same name, Star Wars proponents claim it has the same properties. L2Read before insulting me, kthnxbai

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Then you would be rather surprised as your DS rather suddenly turns into a molten ball of lead.

You can't pick what facts you use mate. It's all or nothing. You haven't watched Trek at all, have ya.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

NO, a WARSHIP is something like the Defiant - small, fast, agile, and carrying a punch FAR LARGER than is normal for a ship of it's size. An ISD is a glorified TARGET mate, nothing more, nothing less.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

... ugh... you're going to be one of those couples on WIC checks aren't ya...

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Where did I get them? I got them from this magical device called a Television that shows you all these nice pictures and pretty sounds. One of those picture-sound thingies was called a documentary on "the science of star trek" that showed parallels between Star Trek and Real Life, in which many scientists gave Star Trek credit for the inspiration behind many objects we take for granted.

Now, unless you think you're more qualified to make those decisions than Ph.D's in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and other fields, shut up.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

NO, he showed me a wiki with no proof on it - it shows a number.

When you get to high-school level math and learn what a proof is, you will understand.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

No, it doesn't have a huge, money-hungry, worthless, and eventually canceled without results government program named after it, no it doesn't

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So by your own definition, a "replicator" is anything that re-creates something? Cool... I'm a replicator... awesome to know..

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

He included the Scar and a few other tibits he found "interesting"... nothing more.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Proof please? And please, not from a book. A movie would be nice.

19. George1 Registered Senior Member

first of all,neutronium is a super dense stellar matter, in star wars it is a metal,
    that it is NOT EVEN USE on the sun crusher!

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

yes i did,and they' would have no chance!

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I dont' HATE warsies... I just worry about them and pity them... they are so wrapped in their false visions that when those visions fail, they become the kind of people that go around shooting up schools and other things because "BIG GUNS SOLVE EVERYTHING HURR!!!!!!" :shrug:

22. George1 Registered Senior Member

grate words for someone who can't prove the Defiant would not be turned into
    molten slag!!!

23. George1 Registered Senior Member

what is wrong with you?? get a brain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.