Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saquist Banned Banned

What relevancy does "screaming" have with the subject at hand?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Technology is used to support infantry, Star Wars too use orbital bombardment, but if you are taking a planet back, you don't want to damage it so neither the Republic, Empire or Rebles used bombs on their own world, but CIS use bombs. I ask for a canon source on Starfleet's Marines.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I don't really care about Wong's website. I agree the astroid didn't vaporize.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

And yet when deployed against fighters the effect becomes explosive more often than not..

The canon proof is the A wing that was sent into a tail spin, coliding with the Executors bridge. The X wing following was obliterated, not vaporized. In fact not one ship in Star Wars has ever been vaporized.

Relying on the assumption that the weapons are lasers in name only is not canon. In no point in canon s it stated they are not lasers.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

If you scream you can sound the alarm without even move a hand. I don't think the Sercuity will touch their communicators when there is Snipers, RCs and ARCs aiming at him.

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I agree no Galactic Civilizations vaporized a Starfighter. But if EU is canon, Yuuzhan Vong can.

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

How about Hyperdrive, they can attack a ship before reinforcements arrive and jump to another target, they can do it all the time and the Federation will be played around with. it is not likey that they are gonna target one at a time, they will send Star Destoryers to mutiple targets at once. When the goal of scattering the reinforcements is achived they will all regroup and fight the scattered Starfleet

11. Saquist Banned Banned

Many ENTERPRISE Episodes featured marines.
    Star Trek 6 (General West propposes an extraction)

Put simply, we can go in and rescue
    the Starfleet hostages and be out
    in 24 hours with an acceptable rate
    of loss in manpower and equipment.
    We have the technology --

A General is an Army designation: At this point at the latter end of the 23 rd century the Federation has Ground units and a Branch of Military to handle them.

The mid 24th century Chief Obrian is part of Setik Three in which the Cardassians have ceased the planet and a ground battle insues. Intresting to not that Obrian did not go to Star Fleet Academy. He is an enlisted man. He may have been previously of a different military division.

DS9 AR 558:
    This episode shows that Star Fleet is arrange in some capacity for ground engagements

The last episode of DS9 also related to the use of Ground Troopes to secure Cardassia...

Ground Combat isn't not a problem for Star Fleet.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I perferr a canon link, please. Their army is as small as naboo's sercuity.

13. Saquist Banned Banned

This is repeative.
    Why is it important?

Proof?

This is merely a tactic. No tactic is fool proof. Seeing as GFFA ships lack the firepower to deal with one Federation ship and lack the ability to locate them it is doubtfull they could do serious damage to the Federation Fleet. Ship to Fleet Combat would force Federation ships to retreat to warp speed.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Ground Combat is a problem for the Federation. The Republic Commandos and ARCs can take care of them. I am only inclueding the RC and ARC to be generous, if i am not how about 220,000,000 units of the GAR.

15. Saquist Banned Banned

There is no such thing as a canon link.
    I have given you the informatio you need aswell as a direct quote in the canon. If that isn't good enough you can search for yourself using Memory Alpha.

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Skywalker, I can nullify your hyperdrive right now:

The Great Barrier for starters...
    Then the fact that a mere gravity well disrupts it... so...
    We'll simply lock tractor beams onto your ships... Federation tractors are Gravimetric in nature, thus you cannot use hyperdrive.

*grins* It'd be very funny to see the DS2 blasting away helplessly at the Ent-J's shields (the Temporal Enterprise) as the Ent-J tows it inexorably into a nearby transwarp conduit to bring it back to Earth for study XD

17. Saquist Banned Banned

Negative. I can not Concur.
    Star Fleet's superior technology will avoid many of the perils ARC's encountered.

Federation starships and troops enjoy a vast sensor range. ARC's have nothing compared. Being able to see aroun corners with a Tricorder is infinitely more advantageous. Surprise is a Trump card.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, also - Hyperdrive usually requires a pre-planned course... while you're working on that planning, we'll just blow your hyperdrive engines off... hows that sound?

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ground combat eh?

Type 10 shuttlecraft, Runabouts, Intrepid class starship, Norway class starships, Sabre class starships, Akira and Defiant class starships... they are ALL capable of atmospheric flight... how do you think your AT-AT's and smaller vessels will fare under a barrage of phaser, pulse-phaser, and Photon Torpedo fire?

20. Saquist Banned Banned

Correction:
    Memory Alpha has shown Colonel West, Not General.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

ARC have a mammtoh load of equitment. ARCs have sensors, just not everyone have a good sensor. ARCs have high aerobics, and RC Communications can just detect them.

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Star Destoryers, LATT/i, Attack Crusier, Bombers can all be used in atmosphere too. And Republic Walkers, like SP-HE, AT-TE, AT-HE have heavy blaster cannons to turbolasers. Earth is not oringinally a part of the Republic as they will show no mercy of bombing on earth.

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The reason they need to pre-plan because of the advanced speed of the hyperdrive. They have a back-up hyperdrive too. They plan coruse quickly if they have a good nav computer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.