Tea Parties Spread across Nation

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Apr 16, 2009.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

what would be your focus?

Forget for one second that you opose UHC and put yourself in his shoes, you have a major situation which may well stabilise on its own or may get even worse but either way you are forced to act for political reasons vs a stated policy prority which will help vast numbers of people (in his opinion, forget your own) but has been difficult to rally people behind and if the current optunity is lost it may be decades before it comes back if it does at all

What would YOU do?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

When Bush deficit spent and gave money to corrupt bankrupt Wall Street firms Right wing media applauded but when Obama does more of the same right wing media call him Hitler.

funny how that works

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

maybe jack daniels or some rancid hooch.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

To quote William Jefferson Clinton, "It's the economy, stupid". To quote him again, I'd focus on that like a laser beam. Fuck everything else. All people really care about his their pocketbooks.

8. CutsieMarie89 Zen Registered Senior Member

To be completely honest, I don't get what everyone is so mad about? I paid my taxes too. I don't get what it is exactly that they are protesting? This can't be like the Boston Tea Party at all. I don't understand.

9. John99 Banned Banned

they rilin up the peasants for them rich folk.

10. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

their just a bunch of ignorant people who think they know what they are talking about.

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They protest as to how their taxes are being used to "bail out businesses that have done very wrong things like making sub prime loans, making loans to people who should never receive them for many reasons, for multi million dollar "bonuses" to the executive that didn't do anything right, to companies that can't make products correctly and cause a failure within that company and still remain with the company even after they made it fail and on and on. To give taxpayers money to "crooks" isn't a very smart thing for they will just use the new money to steal it away once more for no one went to jail for any wrong doings that were done as yet.

12. John99 Banned Banned

i dont think those bailouts you are referring to were done while obama was in office. i think it is a little too late for that.

13. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

He was a Senator and voted on the bail outs or have you forgotten about that?

14. John99 Banned Banned

arent these republicans worrying about taxes being raised for the wealthy?

15. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

They have "deductions " which let them get away without paying for allot of their income.

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

Don't try and make this ignorant fucks out to be rational and having the countries best interest in mind. Their nothing more than stupid people being used by the rich right wing elite to further their own ends.

17. John99 Banned Banned

And now all of a sudden the bailouts are a big issue...sure ever since obama became president, who was not president when the big bailouts were being handed out. that is some coincidence.

18. CheskiChips Banned Banned

There doesn't seem to be a logical solution to the problem. Deductions aren't necessarily a bad thing, they encourage industries to more directly give back to the communities in which they reside. The problem is you'd need an army of bureaucrats to ensure the deductions were valid. Conversely if you took away deductions, it'd become the governments responsibility to ensure that money went back to the communities...which would inevitably be distributed unequally. Look at the stimulus bill for that proof, Arizona got severely under-'rewarded' because its congressmen are very anti-lobbyist.

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

But he was a Senator that could have passed regulations that could have prevented this catastrophe from ever happening, where was he back when those regulations needed to be hardened? Oh, taking bribes from those businesses under the table to look the other way about improving the regulations.

20. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

do you have proof of that?

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Just look at his record, it is of public domain. He could have introduced legislation anytime to improve the regulations of the SEC or other regulatory agencies but didn't.

22. John99 Banned Banned

oh yeah sure. what are you smoking?

23. John99 Banned Banned

they dont want the tax cuts for the wealthy to be rolled back. thats all. well at least the people pushing this 'tea party' ploy.