Iran Accuses America

Discussion in 'World Events' started by Brian Foley, May 23, 2007.

1. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

spidergoat

Actually the fact is that the USSR couldn't afford the cost of the War in Afghanistan, it broke their economy, and helped RR, to tip them over the edge.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Buffalo,

Like wise for the US in Afghanistan and Iraq, how long can they keep affording to fight those wars?

~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Zakariya04

The problem is that we aren't fighting this as a full war, we don't even use one percent of our national economy in fighting this war, if we did as we did in WWII it would be over by the end of the year.

The U.S. economy makes up 1/3 of the worlds GNP.

http://www.scaruffi.com/politics/gnp.html

Just for fun, I tried to calculate the wealth of the entire planet, and see how rich/poor each person would be if we simply divided the world's wealth by the world's population (six billion people).
    If I use GNP data, i find that the world's total GNP is about $30 trillion (the USA's GNP is $10 trillion and the USA accounts for about 1/3 of the world's GNP). Divided by 6 billion people, that's an average of $5,000 per capita. That's yearly production of wealth. Depreciation of goods is hard to estimate, but we can assume that it is about 30% on average. So the accumulated wealth is 5000 minus 30% of 5000 minus 30% of this number minus... a series that converges to about $10-11,000

If I use the data on net worth (average USA household net worth is $182,381 as per the census, which means a total wealth of about about $18 trillion for the 100 million USA households, which means about $54 trillion for the wealth of all households of the world). That's household wealth. Now we need to add government wealth, which is approx 30-40% in the US, more in other countries. So the total wealth of the world is about $70 trillion of dollars. Thus the average human on this planet is worth $70,000/6= $11,000

So both ways we get the same number: if we distributed the wealth of the world to the people of the world in equal terms, each person would be worth $11,000

For the USA alone these numbers are: Per-capita GNP: $38,000 and Average net worth: $60,000

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

:bugeye: :bugeye: :bugeye:

thanks Buffalo, I was not expecting all that analysis.

i was onyl wondering how long the US can keep up wioth the additonal expenditure. i will have to re-read my economics books from high school, but i thought GDP was more of a measure of wealth... I will look at the economics books.

Also what do you mean buy it will be voer in a year? doe sthat mean you will completely turn it to rubble or that you put in 1million troops to sweep oput the insurgents? ior does it mean you will be bankrupt, cos their are theories that the US is soon bankrupt if not now...

Dont worry replying i will have a look at the economics books.

~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

8. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

America will end as a big hole on the ground.

I hope Canada doesn't get hit by mistake as well. That would be a loss to human society... :bugeye:

9. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

No I don't think the U.S. is going to be bankrupt any time soon, if it did what would happen to the rest of the world if 1/3 of the worlds economy went into the toilet? I do think their economies would end up collapsing to, everthing is so interdependent now days.
    If we fought this as a total war, we would have this ended in a couple of years, the year time line has to do with Iraq, and the really interesting thing is that as Americans we rebuild the countries that we wage war with, the only country that this didn't happen with was Vietnam, they ended up winning the war because the Liberal Democrats didn't have the gut to win the war, but any other country that we have fought a war in, we have went back into and rebuild the whole dam place.

10. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

The US leeches on the rest of the world. I fail to see the US contributing to anything useful nowdays. The asians are manufacturing everything now. Agriculture is mostly a national thing accross the whole planet. Meanwhile, what the US does? Consume all the resources of the planet? :bugeye:

The US has become useless and obsolete. :bugeye:

11. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

TruthSeeker

And you can provide a factual analysis of this statement? numbers and facts?
    You had better hope that the U.S. doesn't fail, with 1/3 of the worlds economy crashing, the rest of the world will follow.

12. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

I guess you didn't know everything is amnufactured in China nowdays. Even american flags! LOL!!!!! :roflmao:

13. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Mornign Truth seeker

I hope all is well with you.

however the Buffalo is right, any severe economic down turn i n the US would probably have bad repercussions for the world economy, having said that did the US recently go trhough a recession in the first few years of this decae, if so it did not have any downward affect on the UK economy.

~~~~~~~~~~~
    take it ez
    zak

14. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Yes. That's cause the US gets all its stuff from the rest of the world. The only reason. :bugeye:

15. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

America is going into the toilet whence why we are all dropping the US $ as a peg :
    Argentina and Brazil drop US dollar
    Kuwait drops dollar
    Swedish Central Bank Dumps Dollar
    Russia`s Switch into the Euro signals Decline of US Dollar as a Global Currency
    Of course this means that the US is in serious decline .
    Its only a matter on time when America joins her South American sisters in third world squalor , serves you right for voting Reaganomics .

16. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Or become part of Mexico .
    Now you know why Canada is staying out of this war on terror , Canada will walk out ok , only thing to watch for would be Americans illegally crossing Canadas border in about 5 years taking your jobs .

17. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

Worray!!!!!!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Let's hope Canada doesn't get sucked in. Too bad Canadian economy depends so much on the US. Sad sad... Canada is such a nice country...

18. TruthSeeker Fancy Virtual Reality Monkey Valued Senior Member

No kidding. At least there is plenty of employment here...

But Canada does depend on the US a lot. Could you please tell me how you think Canada could survive the fall of the US considering Canada's dependence on US' importations?

19. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

The trade Canada has with America would easily be picked up by the EU . Remember trade is a two way deal , the EU would love to have a lot of that multi-billion $ cross border trade . Assets that America owns in Canada would simply be sold to EU concerns . There would be obviously some reprecussions if the US fell but Canada would get over it , thats because Canadas economy has not been as adversly affected by the freetrade economics that Americas has been . I would give Canada 7 years to re-adjust to an American collapse , remeber what we are speaking of here is the American economy is contracting down to a size that it should be .

20. Buffalo Roam Registered Senior Member

Zakariya04

Yes we went through a down turn in 2001-02, but it wasn't sever, and the taxes cut brought the economy back before a recession could form, but if the U.S. economy would tank, you can bet the world will have it worse than the U.S. most countries in the world already have higher unemployment than the U.S., and their inflation rates are higher.

I try and read the Bull Sh@t that Foley and TruthSeeker post, but they have nothing approaching reality in their analyses, so it is hard to respond. They have no real understanding of the way the national economy, or the world economy, operate, and the massive interdependence of the corporations in their dealing around the world.

21. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

Or in other words you will just simply ignore the facts like the facts I posted and carry on regardless .

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Brian, you don't even know what "facts" are ...you're nothing but a rabble-rouser spouting ridiculous bullshit from people who are as equally ridiculous as yourself.

Baron Max

23. Brian Foley REFUSE - RESIST Valued Senior Member

All I can say is this and that is if I spout bullshit why is it posters such as yourself have a hard time disproving it . Hmmm "rabble-rouser" thank you very much , such individuals are leaders and make people aware of their surroundings .