Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Never seen Babylon 5; Is it another spin off from ST or is this something completly nonrelated.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

I have full confidence that Star Gate is the superior genre.
    Star Gate took everything they knew and needed from Trek and made it ten times better. The list is long.

even if the Daedulus and the Prometheus are...weak on the weapons side their shield power is several times more powerfull than Federation or most trek shields by far.

Federation phasers would be the problem.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Umm, I'm a stargate fan for the drama, so i'd appreciate if you gave us some details ..... i thought Trek had more detail than SW anyway.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

That's because there are a lot of spinof from ST; in the treath were only let's say in the time span of the first 3 SW movies (episode 4 5 6) it would be a hole differt ballgame and de problem with SW is that the other 3 are prequels so the technology isn't supposed to surpase the three others.

I know SW and ST have vast expanded universes and there a lot of things i don't know about. that why i think this thread is cool. much to learn. By the way are the novels of timothy Zann considered canon?

I too love stargate. our team is momentary building one (5diameter across)
    would be finish in working condition in october i guess...i hope;

sasuist input please

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

ST has now got a Prequel called Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 as well, everything is relatively consistent.

9. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

10. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

11. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Is that the movie where they get contacted bij the vulcans wans humans go light speed?

12. Saquist Banned Banned

The Ancients and the Asgard and the Knox are the super powers of the Star Gate universe

everything we see about the Asgard tells us they are near the very top in Fire power

A Hatak battleship is capable of destroying a mountain like the Cheyenne Complex in a single blast what Carter said was 200 megatons...and that cities on the East coast were obliterated rapidly with such weapons.

The Asgard easily defeat the Asgard using a demolecularizing beam. One weapon. Asgard shield technology is only limited by power. The ZPM attached to the Daedalus increased it's effectiveness by hundreds of times.

In trek shields are limited by impact and equipment failure.
    Borg vs. Asgard...I chose the Asgard almost everytime.

13. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Could the Asguard deal with Q?

14. Saquist Banned Banned

no way....
    I'don't think there is a single character in all of sci fi that could "deal" with the Q

The Q have always existed...at least acoording to the Q but I'm sure there's a paradox in there somewhere.

15. Dontai Registered Senior Member

But didn't he take picard to before earth was formed? So, infact he does exist every were or somthing. He can time travel. Btw star trek win. All we hafe to do is open that damn interdimensional rift that brought 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 enterprise - D from varias reality in to ours. Hmmmm 8000 Star destroyer +super star destroyer vs 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 enterprise - D. Ilmao

16. Saquist Banned Banned

that's the paradox...

In Voyager he says...."The Q have always existed. In the same episode the Female Q says Q has left her for someone 5 billion years younger...It's a parradox..

17. Dontai Registered Senior Member

Star gate is simply more powerfull, becuase they took best of all different shows and then increased relative numbers. Thoe i don't rember them ever saying how powerful what numbers are. Somthing Star wars got right, but novels acource didn't. The ori will pawn all. Other wise i think federation could pawn easily the Asgard. Intill i hear from the show, that they have 200,000 giga watt super sheild my vote is on the federation.

Ps: the gou'ld lazer weapon look like damn definet pulse weapons.

18. Dontai Registered Senior Member

How is that paradox, think about it. A Q that is 5 billion years younger, but has ben around for ever. You ben around 30 year, but at one point you were 10 years younger?

19. Saquist Banned Banned

That was stated by the Alternate Reality Samatha Carter as has a Gould Mother ship hovered over the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

Our Daniel asked: How long can we last?

Alternate Reality Samatha Carter: " We probably won't even feel it. the Blast that took out Washington and New York were equivilent to a 200 megaton blast.

20. Saquist Banned Banned

beacause the Q defy existence. The shouldn't be able to die. Not like the worm whole aliens...they can die but they exist out side the this time space continuum...

when they enter ours they are mortal. And they know everything

The Q don't know everything...even though the should...there just...omipotent. All powerfully being shouldn't be able to die...They call us mortals...

If they alwasys have existed then that means they'll always exist...it's same thing and thus to state an age suddenly throws a wrench into all of that.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Galaxy X was in DS9 during hte klingon attack on the station.

As for the books, I'm not sure- I haven't read all of them. Star Trek: Titan is a decent series though

22. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

Because if they've been around forever then they've all been there from the "start", so how can one be any younger at all?

23. Sumoben Registered Member

They can die, just not by any means other than Q "Weapons" Like in one Voyager episode where there was a Q civil war and Q, the one we all know and love, was shot and wounded.

On a side note: Some are Q and some are q. Though q is usually female while Q is male. (I read too many Voyager books.. <_<)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.