The Book of Revelations

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Trippy, Apr 28, 2009.

?

What do you think of the Book of Revelations?

1. Genuine Prophecy.

12.8%
  2. Carefully Worded Political Rhetoric.

20.5%
  3. Delusional Ramblings of a Mad-man.

41.0%
  4. Don't Know/Don't Care/None of the Above.

25.6%
  1. John99 Banned Banned

how can you have a discussion on this subject then? which you did start btw.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. John99 Banned Banned

lets see

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

Same way you can have a discussion about any topic without it becoming proselytization.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Adstar Valued Senior Member

And telling someone they have an invisible friend, or are just hearing voices in their heads is a form of athiest Proselytizing you hipocrite.

To say you can have an open discussion while restricting a group within that discussion from expressing what they believe is a lie.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

8. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You don't claim to have an invisible friend???

You don't express it as belief or opinion. You express it as fact yet cannot back it up.

9. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

No, because the difference is that I simply expressed an opinion, I didn't tell you that you were wrong for having your view.

More to the point.
    Are you saying that your god is visible? Perhaps you would consider uploading a picture of him or her.
    And if they aren't your friend, then perhaps you should consider changing your subscription.

This is an argument from a false premise, which I have addressed above, and feel no compulsion to address further.

10. Trippy ALEA IACTA EST Staff Member

As an aside, In my initial post, I mentioned the view that given the politics at the time that the book of revelations was penned, that it seemed like it was probably carefully worded political rhetoric, with the beast being an analog for Rome, and the slain head being an analog for Nero (i've also seen an explanation of what the whore of babylon might be an analog for, but I forget for now).

What I had forgotten at the time was that there were rumors of the ressurection of Nero from his fatal wound to the throat (he cut his own throat when he learned he was to be executed) for several hundred years after his death, and several 'rebel' groups arose with leaders claiming they were the Nero ressurected.

11. swarm Registered Senior Member

More mad ramblings.

12. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

Legends of resurrection are more common than most know or will admit.

13. The Esotericist Getting the message to Garcia Valued Senior Member

14. Bishadi Banned Banned

In Defense of the Faith
    Saturday, May 23, 2009
    Jack Kinsella - Omega Letter Editor

While observing, is seems to imply “Judged by what you do not what you believe” is this equally understood?

The ‘book of life’ could be the last chapter to the ‘tree of knowledge’ in which over time, the evolution of knowledge has performed. As it can also be observed that them who gave of themselves, for the evolution of knowledge; do live in what they contributed. We all have the Love of many contributors within the knowledge we comprehend. The ‘good’ live the longest as can be noted as the contributors “spirit” is within us alive and well. Predominately the ‘good’ are them who do for tomorrows ‘life’ over their own which in truth created their life ever-lasting by the choice they made, rather than believed.

The “book of life’ could be the final evolution of knowledge being given unto the children, unbiased, of nature and purely sharing the God of existence, versus the god created by mankind.

The Revealing!

the three ‘thrones’ are as the three religions (the three ladies bound to the mount)
    the books are the beliefs corrupted, as all will see as promised

perhaps from within the horns the birth has come?

Dan 7: 8`I was considering about the horns, and lo, another horn, a little one, hath come up between them, and three of the first horns have been eradicated from before it, and lo, eyes as the eyes of man [are] in this horn, and a mouth speaking great things.

Did your fathers follow the beliefs of religion?

Are the Amorites followers of Moses (Deut 1)?

Is it best to ‘serve’ or believe?

Seems to best serve God is to be absolutely honest in every action least you not be in false witness when responsible for YOUR actions.

Duty is to be honest; having faith, ‘the truth will be revealed’, in time; as promised in most all theology!

15. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

You contradict yourself.

16. Bishadi Banned Banned

when you find one, then you can back up such a statment

if i type O'd............. then you can be a secretary

if you were intelligent you would find your la

17. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Delusional Ramblings of a Mad-man.

18. StrangerInAStrangeLand SubQuantum Mechanic Valued Senior Member

More incoherent babbling.

19. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

The section about bearing allegiance to the beast by accepting his mark, and not being able to buy or sell without it, seems to have alot of relevance in this
    time.
    What do you think?

jan .

20. Bishadi Banned Banned

what mark?

do you mean "upon your head"?

that is scary!

carbon 12 is C-12 chemically speaking.

most all life on earth is based from this element.

in the bohr model it is said to be of

6 electrons, 6 protons and 6 neutrons

you now branded with knowledge upon your head as well are made of the very stuff; deal with it

did that hurt?

go get some neosporine before it turns into a scar

21. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Wha-choo-tawkin-bout?

Revelation 13:16-18
    And he [beast] causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a MARK in their right hand, or in their foreheads:
    And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the MARK, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
    Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six. Rev. 13:16-18

What is significant here is the restriction to buy or sell without the mark.
    Not only is this a possibility, one could be forgiven for thinking this is in the process of happening.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

jan.

22. Bishadi Banned Banned

it's education time

ah..... you mean the social security number!

income, buy, sell; much of the capitalized world follows the 'invisible hand'
    same Date the US was born

the man, is the good guy

dan 7:8 I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

i am educating you on the fact that what is written is not quite the literal but to observe today, then you can observe the truth of the matter

want life?

Then know life (C-12) as it truly is and not what the fools believe.

don't forgive me........... as you will be who sees what is true and can either deny or be humble,

i suggest you go look in the mirror and look at all your fathers (in the flesh) and say 'thank you, we made it'

and then you can begin (feel what being reborn actually means) to understand

the truth has been slapping you in the face for a long time

best get straight real fast

23. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i'm livin' it.