Telepathy - read someone's mind

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Vinko, Mar 23, 2011.

1. Vinko Registered Senior Member

He is from Church of Scientology

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Vinko Registered Senior Member

I am working on to find some expert Neurologist to confirm this.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Who is?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vinko Registered Senior Member

Ok , it is some strange thing with church and this. Is Randi in some church?

8. Vinko Registered Senior Member

Well, I am working on to find some expert on Neurology and make experiment.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Randi is a sceptic. He's hardly likely to be involved with a church. And certainly not Scientology.

10. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I haven't heard anything from you in my brain.

James Randi is an atheist, by the way. He is not associated with any church.

11. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

If you have this ability - posting about it on a message board is lame as all hell. I would be manipulating it to become stupid rich.

Although,

Whales and some other animals use telepathy to an extent. I'm sure we'll pick up on how this is done in due time and utilize if we can think of a system that would prevent abuse.

I read a theory awhile back saying its possible to exchange raw emotions or awareness but not "data" like thoughts.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

420Joey:

What makes you think whales and other animals are telepathic?

What was the "theory" on how exchanging raw emotions can occur telepathically?

13. leopold Valued Senior Member

okay, now what?
    oops, wrong number.
    you might want to try this:
    http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

14. Vinko Registered Senior Member

I am going to give it to 100%, no problem

15. Me-Ki-Gal Banned Banned

About the animals . For Me it is observation of Deer and there behavior in the wild. Now maybe they have a form of communication I just can't quite perceive and it is not really telepathy , but a series of clicks , brushing noises and what have you. It sure looks like telepathy from a stupid human perspective. I remember one time in particular while my brother , me and my dad were sitting on top of Greathouse peak in the Snowy Mountains watching 7 bucks spread out through the valley below . We watched with our spotting scopes . The deer must have been spread out over the area of about 5 miles. Some how the deer communicated and by there patterns of movement you could tell they did. The deer some how signaled the other deer of our presents on top of the mountain and in the end gathered all together and split out of that valley and on over the ridge to the next valley . I guess there could have been an amphitheater effect and it is thought deer have much higher hearing capabilities than humans ? I personally think humans communicate in this same manner and just are not aware that they do. Not so much as telepathy but by a language based in instinct . I also believe this hidden language can have the appearance of telepathy. I don't know ? but watching animals in the wild make me reevaluate my own limited view of reality

16. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Whales possess a form of communication that allows them to signal other whales hundreds of miles away.

Here are some random links but there is alot of information out there.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/10/the_odd_body_whales_telepathy/
    http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/viewnews.php?id=88199
    http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Amazing-Telepathic-Communication-in-Whales&id=4935758
    http://www.whales.org.au/comments/lailel.html

As for transfering raw emotion or awareness rather than data : Quantum entanglement supports this idea as well as http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_pseudo-telepathy

17. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

SAID to be a "Form of", not shown to be. Fail.

Fail.

Timed out...

Total crank site. Utter fail.

Do you actually read your own links?

18. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Dwy you are a fail fail fail fail fail.
    I said whales are full blown telepathic or that to a very limited extent that have some telepathic ability? Your too eager to be the "jackal" here, dwy. Learn to read in context.

Low-frequency pulsating sound waves can travel extremely far? Okay how is this incompatable with telepathy. Hundreds of miles away, Dwy. Hundreds of miles away.

Are you even reading the links dwy??

"Quantum psuedo-telepathy is often and easily misrepresented as paranormal" "as the quantum non-locality effects that are at the heart of the phenomenon do not allow any transfer of information"

Read my sentence. I agreed. Transfer of "information" would not be allowed. Awareness or raw emotion would be quite different from what I imagine.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  19. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Why not use your telepathy to find out something nasty about Randi and then blackmail him?

20. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Maybe you should learn to read.
    You claimed:
    Post 28 if you're having trouble.
    Your links do not support this.

Yes.
    It at least shows that your links do not support your claim.

Correct.

Except that YOU gave that link as support for YOUR position. The links do NOT do so. AS for "statement made by a nobody"... isn't that entire thread made of "statements by nobodies"? Goose/ gander.

Fail again: emotion would be information. Information on how the other person is feeling.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Back to school for you.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  21. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

"Information on how the other person is feeling" is an abstract definition. Couldent anything be categorized as information on that note. Information is not your state of awareness or emotion, that's like saying your computer hardware is the real information and not the data.

The principle of entanglement supports this idea. Obviously telepathy is not "100% real" nor have I ever claimed it to be otherwise our word would be radically different. The telepathic trasnfer of a state of awareness or emotion? Sure I believe this could be done. Can I scientifically prove it? No.

Does it matter? No. Is it uncommon?? states of awarness and emotion being transfered?

22. 420Joey SF's Incontestable Pimp Valued Senior Member

Leave me alone Dwy. Pick on the OP.
    Look at his website I found on yor profile.
    http://telepathy-vinko-rajic.blogspot.com/

23. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Wrong.

Um, no it's not.
    It's more equivalent to information on the state of the hardware.

No it doesn't.

Oh, so you didn't write:
    And you've misphrased that: a more likely wording would be "telepathy is 100% not real".

Yet you attempted to give links. Fine, all you're doing is (as you've now admitted) is espousing an unsupported belief.

Does what matter? That you post nonsensical claims? That you ramble about your belief as if it were established fact? In the grand scheme of things, maybe not. There's always another idiot...

It depends on how they're transferred, doesn't it?