Muslim Experience in America

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DiamondHearts, Aug 6, 2008.

1. John99 Banned Banned

What does that mean? That their experience, there are billions of people in the west. Often time's these paranoid feelings are from within the person themselves. We acn say 'this person does not like me because of...' but perhaps that person just does not care for the individual themselves. This is harder to come to terms with and is inherent in the subjects personality, type of person they are and how they project themselves to others.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I suspect most Muslim converts in England would be viewed negatively ONLY if they make a big to-do about their faith - covering their body in a rug for example, or changing their name to Blinky or Mohammad, or demanding a prayer-room or UFO observatory at their work.

This sort of thing tends to piss off everyone else.

On top of that, people general associate Muslim philosophy as the main reason why the ME is backwards. It's obvious the Turks knew what they were doing when Turkish replaced Arabic in their new secular government. This is something many ex-Muslims from the ME have told me they think as well.

But, this shouldn't be seen as a "West" thing. Japanese, Chinese, Koreans Singaporeans, Thai, Philippians, Indians, Russians, Israelis, Brazilians etc... they've all said exactly as much as well.

Interestingly, Buddhism seems to be accepted by the West. Isn't that odd? How the two different beliefs could be viewed.

I wonder why?

Lastly, Western people tend to prefer when everyone keeps their superstitious beliefs to themselves. You want to pray towards Alpha centari 3 or Mecca, fine, just keep it to yourselves.

That's the American way, as they say, when in Rome.

M

Last edited: Aug 17, 2008
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Documentary: Turning Muslim in Texas

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9184353144432289069&hl=en

Islam is the fastest growing religion in America and the West. It is important to understand why Islam has such wide appeal to the masses.

Understanding of Islam is a necessity in the modern age as Muslims increase in number in the West. Everyone should know about Islam.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Sock puppet path GRRRRRRRRRRRR Valued Senior Member

Diamond can you enlighten me as to why pakistani muslims are such racist haters as per my post on page 16?

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Is providing a prayer room really that hard ? I mean, there has got to be a room in an office or whereever that you don't use all the time right ?.
    At school, we use an empty classroom at lunch.

9. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Firstly, percentage wise, more people in the USA convert to Scientology (the belief in an Alien OverLord) than in Islam. In Australia Buddhism is the fastest growing religion by conversion.

If you really cared to look into the matter you'll find about double the rate of conversion into Christianity compared with into Islam. However, as the mojority of Muslims live in 3rd world nations and poor people always breed much faster compared with wealthy, Islam is gaining more adherents compared with any other religion.

As for the prayer room. If I owned a StarBucks and some one wanted me to build an observatory so that they could pray towards Xenu in alpha Centaurus, I don't think I would oblige. In America out culture prospered by getting religion OUT of public life and into private life. And we like to keep it that way.

M

I have a question. When a 40 year old middle aged mother of 3 kids, converts, and starts wearing a burka, seeing as in this is not Islamic, do you think she is being brainwashed ?

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Be realistic, A prayer room is not equivalent to a damn observatory.

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The culture is we keep our religion to ourselves. It's worked relatively well up until recently with the rise of Xian evangelism. In the past people kept their religion to themselves and did their own thing in private and in public life got on with getting the job done.

What's the difference with a prayer room and setting up a room with a small telescope? Pretty much the same.

So, when a 40 year divorced mother of 3 converts to Islam and begins wearing a burka, would you say she is being brainwashed?

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What does this mean:

The Australian Bureau of statistics claims Buddhism to be the fastest growing religion in Australia in terms of percentage gain with a growth of 79.1% for the period 1996 to 2001.

Why are Aussies converting to Buddhism?

M

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

This is interesting:

Fastest Growing Religion

The US department of state estimates that Protestant Christianity may have grown 600% over the last decade in Vietnam.

An interview on Aljazeera suggests that over 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity in Africa every year.

I wonder why?

English translation
    Ahmad Al Katani:
    As to how that happened, well there are now 1.5 million churches whose congregations account for 46 million people. In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity. These numbers are very large indeed ?..

Data for Islam reveal that the growing number of Muslims is due primarily to the higher than average birth-rates and consequent population growths of Muslim countries and communities. Islam (Arabic: ) is a monotheistic religion based upon the teachings of Muhammad, a 7th century Arab religious and political figure.

According to the "Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life", Islam is already the fastest-growing religion in Europe. Driven by immigration and high birthrates, the number of Muslims on the continent has tripled in the last 30 years. Most demographers forecast a similar or even higher rate of growth in the coming decades.

14. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Too bad so many Chinese and other Asians are converting to Xianity. I think it'd be much better if they took up Buddhism. What do you guys think? Buddhism or Xianity? Korea is already majority Xian. I think that kind of sucks.

15. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

So, Its not really different is it ?.
    And no, I wouldn't call her brainwashed, but then again, I wouldn't know the context of her conversion.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

What's not really different?

Suppose your mother converted to Scientology, carried around a tape of Ron Hubbard (whom she now considered the Last Prophet), then shaved her head bald and painted a 7 pronged Star symbol on the top of her bald head (so Xenu could hear her prayers better - better ethereal reception you see, Toliman is a ways off huh) and she prayed 1 time every hour for 3 minutes facing Alpha Centauri.

Without knowing the context of her conversion do you think she has been brainwashed? Would you been worried for her or happy she found her truth and was very happy with her new family and culture and life? Would you support her? Suppose she changed her diet, now she had to had pork every day. She also needed you to take her new faiths particulars very serious. No more making fun of UFOlogist/Priests. Would you talk to her boss about building her a prayer room with a telescope?

Michael

17. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Again, I'm a realistic person, when it comes to religion, No, I wouldn't talk to her boss, unless all of her colleagues were fellow scientologists, and she's my mother, I'd accomodate her when I'm around her as much as I can. However,
    If I found her faith disagreeable, she'd know, because it's a family, I wouldn't stop her from practicing it though.

If a majority of a schools students were muslims, do you think they'd stop them from praying ?, or wearing the hijab ?. Realistically, they couldn't, and shouldn't.

18. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Yay! More Islamic propaganda.

Yet, the more we understand of Islam, the more we understand how dangerous it is. You yourself have called for the elimination of education in favor of oppression and racism.

19. John99 Banned Banned

Lets hope they reproduce now.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I met a Buddhist convert the other day, I asked him his definition of Buddhism, according to him it was escapism. Thats very apt and probably a good reason for conversion. When I said that, he said I was being spiteful. Very confusing

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

21. DeepThought Banned Banned

Do not be fooled by conversion stories, they mean nothing.

Religion is dying all over the world.

22. countezero Registered Senior Member

I'm willing to bet a Muslim's experience in the States is better than a Christian's experience in Saudi Arabia. In the former, the person can practice their religion and largely be left alone, while it the latter, the person's religion is banned and no formal application of its doctrines is allowed.

23. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

So strange then that the US supports the king. Don't you think so?