Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

even though the death star was meant to be a TERROR WEAPON not a frontline ship.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

a weapon that is able to destroy a world is useful in that respect they won't rebel they'll be destroyed if they speak out or so they think.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

There are a lot of writers that are fans on Heinlein and Starship Troopers. There are a lot that are fans of Charles Dickens and Shakespear .etc What does it prove?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*chuckles*

You take all your evidence from that site... why don't you try doing the research yourself instead of listening to Internet Oprah, mmkay?

SD.net is a load of bollocks, plain and simple. I have seen their "calculations" proven wrong more times than I've seen my wife NAKED, and we have sex damn near every day, if not more often than that.

Make of that what you will...

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yet your beloved Empire does this...

So which is right, hmm? The Empire, of the IoM?

or are you just wrong again?

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If they were as similar as you said... why hasn't a lawsuit been filed yet?

*ponders*

Oh, because you're WRONG.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

OOOH! OOH! I KNOW THIS ONE!

It proves that people can be influenced by works that they LIKE, without having their works be COPIES of the things they like!

11. ricrery Banned Banned

Really? If a fleet could pour out 100 Nova Cannon shots (you know, that gun that doesn't just destroy warships in one shot), then it is conventional.

12. ricrery Banned Banned

I would love you to disprove without your belief that ANYTHING from SDN is wrong (considering they actually know a little more about math than that lying shit RSA)

13. ricrery Banned Banned

Reading comprehension failure.

The Imperium which is a fucking Empire, because the "Empire" is called the GALACTIC EMPIRE.

Like the times Rama has proved you wrong?

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

1) What did you just say? Let me be specific:

"... to disprove without your belief that anything from SDN is wrong..." disprove that SDN is wrong? So you're agreeing with me then that SDN is full of shit? Cool!

2) RSA's math is pretty sound, even if you don't like it. Some of his examples may be... cherry picked... but in general, the math itself is good.

3) I haven't quoted RSA in a good while... so yeah.

15. ricrery Banned Banned

Warhammer is inspired by Dune and the Foundation trilogy, of course, they alter their universe a bit to not be a ripoff. Starcraft has no fucking respect for other universes and just copies and pastes and changes the name a little.

16. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

oh yeah they know somehting wikepedia is wrong most of the time and can't be trusted yet they have SOME things right.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

What times Rama has proven me wrong? And about what? You have a deep desire to use fallacious reasoning, don't you... how about some proof? Or can't you provide that?

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm, that's called "Copyright Infringement" and generally gets companies, you know, shut down...

Obviously Blizzard isn't doing this, as they are still, you know, running...not to mention not a single lawsuit for this has been filed?

I think you just found yourself backed into a corner and are trying to weasel your way out of it again.

19. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

then why hasn't warhammer done somehting by now?

20. ricrery Banned Banned

No, that was a mistake, you will prove how SDN is full of shit, considering they use math, something you didn't like at SB.

Yet his bullshit claims that SW humans have natural metal spines, the DS beam was a chain reaction with a yield of 25 gigatons, and that novels are canon?

Since when have I quoted Wong in any time this quarter of the year? I have used numbers from people a lot smarter than you. You think that "ooh they don't agree Star Trek beat Star Wars they're fanboys" and that "any calc for any universe" is wrong.

21. razordude ouch. Registered Senior Member

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Wong = SD.net in many, many ways. So... you quoted Wong just a few minutes ago

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

23. ricrery Banned Banned

I've heard that the Starcraft ending credits say that they thank GW for not suing them, could be wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.