Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

cool. I'll take a look at it later. :scratchin:

if I'm not mistaken it's "Star Trek DS9 - s07e07 - Once More unto the Breach" ....wonderful episode about elder warriors being nearly forgotten, young ones learning about forgiveness and arrogance that comes with being young and other wonderful things.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

This is episode is truly wonderful.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

yeah it is quite funny.

SPOCK COMES OUT ON TOP!
    If we could nit pick about the details, and it'll ruin the parody. But in SWU they don't have transporters, so Vader would not understand the particular disturbance. There would be a moment of delay

And the thing about the nerve pinch, is that I don't think it's just about the nerve, the area that a Vulcan would touch to make someone go unconscious, can also be used to interupt someones airflow with the right kind of pressure. Which would also make them go unconscious.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Its not supposed to be logical it is supposed to be funny.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

of course I understand that... remember I wasn't the one wondering about Vader

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I know, anyways, Vader does have armor to protect from the Vulcan pinch, it is not fabric, its a very tough, and leather like. He also would have saw that coming and kicked/punched Spock in the face, which would have made a big dent because of his artificial limbs.

9. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

well yes. It's not really armor so much as a containment unit, which protects his badly burned body.

But can you imagine how a starfleet engineer could disable his artificial limbs?!

He could study how they work and figure out a way to disable them

then Vader would be pretty much useless without arms or legs. (He would too preoccupied at that moment wondering why he can't move, or to use the Force with his mind.) A bit of emotional distraction from a Ferengi, while the engineer initiates a powerful pulse (or an injection of nanites), and voila! Instant quadrplegic.
    Then again it would just be easier to fill the entire ship with modified subspace mines, and then watch the fireworks everytime someone moves

lol

Last edited: Mar 9, 2010
  10. George1 Registered Senior Member

the problem with this is that the mater stream of the transporter wold be blocked by the shields, therefor making such an attempt useless.
    this is considering that a shuttle would be useless,the only way on the ship is by transporter.

11. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

You're forgetting that species like the Jem Hadar (not to mention the Borg) can transport through almost anything. Including shields. And at a distance of about 3 light years.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Is the transportation instantaneous or with delay? Anyways, Vader can use the force with his mind. Anyways, Spock is not going to have time to disable a limb when a fist or kick is coming towards his face, he is not going to afterwards, because he would be dead.

13. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

no I said the engineer would do the technical work. Well, there's no such thing as instantanious. Unlike other transporters the Dominion transporters work immediately. For example, when Dukat was on Empok Nor (the moment when his mass suicide was foiled) his transporter worked immediately with the touch of the button on his wrist.

14. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Well, that said... The Empire's best bet would be to stay on the movie and try to AVOID confrontation with any Borg. Any nanoprobes introduced into the interior of a vessel would spell DOOM for the Empire!! hahahah

which I knew all along. The worst threat to them would be to get gremlins in their systems and bring their ships to a stand-still. And no 'force' can restore the electrical systems... it would be a futile effort to try to operate a ship once it's been infected.

As for Vader's electrical cybernetics... just upload a virus to his ass and see how he functions when he's getting his ass kicked by his own limbs HAHAHA

15. George1 Registered Senior Member

no they would not.There's something called "shields".
    The Borg would first need to disable the shields,but they would fail,because
    star wars ships have very powerful shields.
    as i said,they would first need to disable the shields of the vessel,but they would fail.
    While they are busy trying to disable them,they would be blasted back to
    quarks!!
    Vader's cybernetics don't work that way dummy!
    he isn't an android like Data to be affected like that by a puny computer virus, because his limbs are controlled by HIS BRAIN,which is immune to such
    an attempt!HAHAHHAHA

16. George1 Registered Senior Member

no they can't!
    i saw all episodes with the Borg,and when they transported,they first drained
    the shields of the ship.
    and i never saw a Jem'Hadar transporting from 3 light years away,i i will never
    see,because that is impossible!
    How will the matter stream be able to lock on a specific area of a star ship,
    tr transport the matter all the way there (apr 30 trillion kilometers)ans still be able to not transport the unlucky person from the stream NOT in the middle of space!And that to be said,even if it could,transporters are incapable of pricing
    shields,as i said before!

17. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

doesn't matter....nanoprobes can disable and assimilate him. Period.
    And second, the Enterprise-D crew were able to transport on board a Borg vessel, even though the Borg had dampening fields (this was a while ago before they advanced further.) And also Picard (in Nemesis) was able to transport (using the emergency transponder) to the Enterprise, despite the Theleron radiation, which also blocked sensors and communication toward the inside of the ship.
    Third the Borg can get through ANY shield with a tractor beam, by simply scanning the shields and modulating the frequency of the beam.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  18. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

The JemHadar have transported at a distance of 3 light years. It's already been shown in DS9. First with a tiny beacon. And again when Dukat escaped Empok Nor (note: there were no ships in the system).

19. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

first of all brain or no brain, the nanoprobes would do their work. What you say couldn't happen, it's illogical. Because the cybernetics are controlled by muscles and receptors which interact with the art. limbs, which in turn are controlled by the brain. Cybernetics only work if there is existing tissue to interact with the artificial limbs. Therefore nanoprobes will disable them permanently if need be.

20. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

that's actually pretty funny. LMAO Hell, give Vader 10cc of Olcartic virus, and then wait to see, with what's left of his real body, boil from the inside out :mufc:

21. George1 Registered Senior Member

a borg would first need to get NEAR him!
    of course,but the borg vessel did not had dampening fields up and running at that time,because considering the borg are way more advance than the federation,they'll dampening fields would be
    impenetrable!
    i think i said on this forum before that star wars shields don't function on
    frequency!

22. George1 Registered Senior Member

i will presume the borg infected Vader.
    First,onsidering Vader's suit an actually primitive suit,made in rush,he wouldn't be a target.Second,Sith bodies are literary consumed by the dark side,and
    they have a high resistance rate! even the suit is impend in the dark side.
    if it would be about someone else,he would probably have no chance,but because it is Vader,not 1000 drones could defeat or assimilate him.

23. George1 Registered Senior Member

HAHAHAH,maybe an ORDINARY human would!
    but Vader is a Dark Lord of the Sith,immune to such a pathetic try!!!hahahh!
    some dark lords were able to manipulate life and create new life forms,and
    none were as strong as Vader (who wasn't even at full power,less than half of
    what he was before he lost his limbs and was burned).Hell, he could modify the virus ,make it even more
    deadly,and use it against you!!!
    he is indestructible to biologic viruses,cybernetic viruses or any other such stuff!!
    what you need is Luke Skywalker to beat him in a ligtsaber duel!
    otherwise,you are doomed!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.