Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saquist Banned Banned

That would be because Scott is lying again. I wonder if he's on the dean's list for that?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

There's no way to really gauge the actually firepower. The best situations we've seen the ISD display fire power is up against rocks. We can only use unshielded objects as a true baseline.

Thus a comparison is the best we can do. An unshielded comparison from both universes. The result?

Imperial Star Destroyer
    One unshielded 40 meter wide asteroid (size questionable) vaporized instantly.

Federation Galaxy Class.
    Enterprise vaporizes 20% of a Borg Cube in three seconds.
    With the Cube's size at 3040m a single blast destroyed metallica compounds in a spherical area of 240 meters, instantly.

That's 6 to 8 times the power of the ISD display. 6 to 8 just because the phaser vaporized metal alloys that are built for space travel.

To this day Scott has been able to effectively counter this obvious example of unshielded comparisons. His attempts have been the claim that 80% of the 20% of the Borg structure that was destroyed was open air.

This was subsequently the least amount of thought he's ever put into an argument and by default a really bad lie. The day that Commnander Data reports on damage to open space in a vessel will be the day he curses his creator for a faulty positronic network.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I will help you learn grammar yet Scott.

I have proven you wrong multiple times. You simply seem to forget that ALL of trek is Canon, not just latest trek. if this were true, then you can ONLY use the last book and the last movie and anything that contradicts must be taken from the last book of the timeline.

Kadesch?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Prove Q cannot- we have not seen any limits to his power, unlike what we have seen with jedi.

Prove Q wouldn't- he has already done multiple things to speed the advancement of Humanity. The first meeting with the Borg taught Picard hubris for instance. Q has helped Picard out before, even if it was indirect. On Voyager, for example, it's obvious Q has a thing for Janeway as well as being grateful to her for her (albeit not so willing) help in teaching him to be a father.

The only person to ever really get "rid" of Q was Sisko... and that's cause you just don't screw with a big angry black man, as both Sisko and Windu proved.

So prove to me, Scott, that Q would not interfere when he has done so multiple times already. Prove to me his power is limited and that it stems from technology as you so much love to claim. I have yet to see any evidence to substantiate this claim.

And, once more, absolute grammar please. Unless English is your second language, you have NO reason for mistakes.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You made reference to the Plasma R, S, F, and G (or whatever the letters were). These are only truely made reference to in the game Orion Pirates... especially the enveloping part.

Caught in another web of your lies I see...

9. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that TW is marginally proving is that the Enterprise-D of Picard's day, before "Generations" (after which the Galaxy Class was upgraded), would plausibly be destroyed if the universes clashed. Assuming of course that he's right that lasers would have any effect on Trek shields. But i think that was done way too much back in the 100s.

The Enterprise D - still the sexiest starship ever - is not the only ship in the Trek universe. It is also an outmoded version of the Galaxy design. Also consider that Enterprise D is in salvaged pieces.

Both the Defiant (class) and Voyager (Intrepid Class) show immense power generation, firepower and ability to absorb great beatings. Enterprise E shows tremendous potential, but only has three onscreen canon battles under its belt, in which no figures were used.

10. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

And how many times did they fire each turbolaser? You don't know for certain. If you want to go that way, how do you even KNOW they fired all of them? How do you know he wasn't rounding up? How do you know so much of what you claim to be true?

You don't. So stop bullshitting and face the facts- BOTH sides are ficticious and you CAN NOT claim things as fact just because characters said them.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Then why is this NEVER observed again? The evidence to the contrary is that, even in Nemesis, you do NOT see the shields "shorting out". That's one of the best examples of a ship getting beat to hell. Even when facing the Borg, you don't see the shields "shorting out".

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Nah, the Ent-E is far sexier than the Ent-D... D was too bulky. I like the sleek design of the E.

Or how about the Ent-J? Enterprise showed it on screen ONCE but it does exist and is thus capable of temporal travel.

Or how about the Incursion class from Voyager eh Scotto? Or the Caretaker array? That thing was bloody huge and had the power to make an entire planet 100% inhospitable... maybe we'll just go back in time and bring it to, oh, I don't, Coruscant? Bye Bye a few trillion people

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Saquist Banned Banned

More than enough evidence has been supplied to show Scott that Trek is indeed superior. At least in comparison.

And more than enough information has been supplied to show that the ICS books do not match the canon. Thus uncanon.

More than enough information that shows "canon" for Star Wars is applied to all yet absolute and canon are not the same. Absolute canon states from the lips of Georege Lucas himself that his story came to an end at Return of the Jedi. Everything else, he says is beyond his little universe.

14. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

15. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

I wholeheartedly agree...I'm just pointing out that TW keeps harking back on Enterprise D...other classes of ships exist, inclusive of races outside the Federation.

IMO that Wells class temporal ship could wipe out the whole SW endeavour by itself, simply by sending back Federation agents to plant phase-shifted temporal weapons on every SW ship. Nuff said.

16. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

You thought E was sleek? I kinda thought it was more blocky and warlike. But it clearly is a battleship, no families etc.

Enterprise J strikes me as a melding of old and new designs, D feels more original...

See my reply to Saquist, much more pragmatic and efficient. We know that Warsies have little to no knowledge of time travel. And we know by canon that the future Federation will stop any and all threats to the timeline so that the UFP of 500 years hence will remain intact.

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*nods* that is, indeed, true.

And yeah, you cannot say the E isn't sexy. This is a good picture

another speedfreak picture

It just LOOKS like it's doing warp 9 while it's standing still... I love that

And of course, teh baddassness (tm) of the quantum launcher is undeniable

Another Ent-E vs SD thread... very humorous responses... I like how one of em says the Star Destroy would blow up because the Ent-E would beam tribbles into their thermal exhaust vent and make it overheat XD

Good idea! Tribbles would WTFPwn stormtroopers

Last edited: Jun 26, 2007
  18. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/D%27deridex_class This states that D'deridex class has plasma torpedoes.

19. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Gigatons?!?

I will correct you first on this one, first of all, do you have any idea how powerful a gigaton is? Let me explain; in comparison, 1% of the sun's output in 39 nanoseconds is 50 megatons or about 2.1×10[17] joules the average power produced during the entire fission-fusion process, lasting around 39 nanoseconds, is a power of about 5.4×10[24] watts or 5.4 yottawatts. Think about it, a starfleet shield wouldn't stand a chance and neither would a star wars destroyer shield.:bugeye:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2007
  20. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

:wtf: Then again all of SW technical readouts aren't canon.

21. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

TW Scott, also your Acclamator engine thing is retarded, it shouldn't perform in space. The're just giving its engine parts random names! Thats another thing regarding SW's problem and real physics/reality.

oke:

22. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

I have many questions as a newcomer to this website. In the star wars cutout books that explain the mechanical processes in which the ships in SW are able to achieve faster than light speeds using a radom mechanical explanation of electromagnetic turbines spinning ionized thrust into a vacuum. How would this actually work? In einstein's theory of relativity, it prohibits FTL travel, never the less it doesn't say you can't warp space time. So I guess the point is, HOW do you warp space time with electromagnetic thrust?!?

23. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Thus a turbolaser does not have such yield as it would do too much damage with a stray shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.