Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

First Palpatine ordered them not to fire it's heavy weapons, only use light turbolaser. Thats the Emporer's orders.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

The missiles can manuver, what about 100 meters it can still undamge the SSD, it have ray and partical shields. The explodsion wont' damge the SSD, it is not like a super explodsion, it is focused on blasting it to peices, the survived full ship collidsions before.

Oh my, watch some Star Wars, do you know what sesimc charges do?
    Here is some pics

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Watch some Star Wars, In Episoide II they used Sesmic charges.
    Even Better, they use Heavy Turbolasers.
    A ship, it is in the EU, EU is canon it is just C-canon. They can be stored in a SSD's hanger
    Nope, there is heavy turbolasers and the ships in the Hanger. Not to metion the flake gun's speed.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

suprime/ultimate canon facts: i've posted this before lad, and even uploaded the caps, low power phasers outmach imerial weapons against rocks/planetary crust.
    regarding Pegasus, Riker states it would take most of their torpedoes to comleatly destroy the asteroid from the OUTSIDE. you do have a tendency thowards inacurate statements do you?
    and finaly the damage potential of the weapon is not determined by the power that runs trough it, but by the efects it has on the tarets.

so there

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Watch some Star Wars and read the books mate.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Visit the site... god.

he said he didn't add in the stations because they were FAR BIGGER than any grid he had made... this includes Centerpoint and he SAID on the site he excluded the DS

Just a note - I can go on the Star Wars Wiki and make it say the DS is equal to the size of my scrotum... remember, they ARE written by fans, some of which ( like Scott ) are NOT honest at all... and those monitors can only do so much.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

a SEISMIC charge will not WORK in space... it must be a mis-nomer (like turboLASER)]\

You do understand the physics behind Seismic events right?

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Nope, Imperials have superlasers that can destory all life on the planet with one shot. Turbolasers have diffrent classes, some can destory a planetary crust.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Nope, I said that Obi-Wan is 3 meters tall and they deleted it. He messed up the size of Excecutor, and din't includ Eclips and Pellon's SSD. most of them have soruces, canon sources.

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Jedi, I'm not reading the books... for very good reason.

The information gathered from the movies is the ultimate cannon. MOST of the EU facts stated on here have been overriden by what we SEE in the Movies.

The "facts" posted in EU would, if true, mean that:

Any old Star Destroyer can VAPORIZE a planet
    The Millenium Falcon could tear a hole in sub-space with it's quad-cannons
    The Death-Star's shields could have stopped the fighters from ever ENTERING the area around the ship (would have killed the pilots instantly upon passing thru the EM barrier)

et al

You see, Jedi, those "EU Facts" are sub-cannon because anyone could make up any number for them, put them in the book, and call them cannon. BUT, if they do NOT agree with the movies, they are null and void.

Going purely on the movies, Star Wars is ROYALLY boned

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

He has proven those with caps from the movies... you can't simply say "no" to that Skywalker...

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I know, it is just named seismic charg for some reason. And yes I do understand the physic behind seismic charges.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Where did you say that?

Species:
    Human

Height:
    1.79 meters

Weapon:
    lightsaber

Vehicle:
    Jedi starfighter

Affiliation:
    Jedi

1.79... 3 meters puts him at OVER 12 foot tall... you DO know that right?

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Then you know it must be a SONIC resonance charge, which is ineffective against Star Trek ships due to their Structural Integrity Field (taken from TNG episodes)

17. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

That is not C-canon EU, that is non-canon. The C-canon EU is the licienced Star Wars stuff and stuff that don't do aginst the movies. And apprently you don't pay attension to the movies. C-canon EU is usually included in the Star Wars encyclopediea.( they haven't updated it yet )

18. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I said that on Star Wars wiki, and that was 2 months ago. Yes, I do know, I did it to test the monitors.

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I do pay attention to the movies... I love the original trilogy but despise the new ones because they are just... so lacking compared to what they could be.

Watch the movies again - the effects of weapons fire on natural objects is severely lacking for the power you are trying to say.

20. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Gosh, It is mis-named, please pay attention to the tread.

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So what does that have to do with the site I posted???

he says, on the site, he ommitted some things...

WHY would he add in the super-ships... they're one of a kind and pointless because they all died just as easy.

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Apprently in the triliologies they did it. And in the orginial ones, they barly attack natural structures.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I know that...

And I'm saying that is how they were OBSERVED to work (a SONIC charge, eg SOUND waves)

Sound waves cannot be used as a weapon against United Federation of Planets vessels because the Structural Integrity field cancels them out... it is a constant problem while accelerating to warp. The vibrations of the ship would tear itself to pieces if not for inertial dampners and the SIF!

Thus, sonic based weapons (eg, that "seismic" charge) are useless...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.