Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i'll try and capture some stills from the fleets engagement from Return of the Jedi later on but now i nead some sleep. my goal is to determine how many diferent types of TL bolts do ISDs fire. if i recall corectly the largest bolts fired are in RotJ. maybe we could extrapolate the relative distractive power that all these bolts have when compared to each other by the size of their "caliber" and lenght of the bolt. my initial guess would be an increase of magnitude in the order of 3. thus a bolt 2 times the size is 8 times more powerfull, but i would like to hear other ideas.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

Unnecessary speculation.
    There is more than enough emplacements on a ship 16,000m in length to ensure the safety of the ship.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Can they sovle problems better then Skywalker? Skywalker have faster reaction and most are very accruate. You want proof Anankin Skywalker is on the Concil at the age of 20, okay. Clone Wars have started when his is 19, and 1 years after the start of the war he is on the concil.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Reprogramming is impossible for Droidikas, because it can't be reporgrammed no matter what! ( because of the CIS safty issue ). Okay you can destory droidikas, but the reprobuce faster then being destoryed, and they have shields.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Okay, i messed up plot line with plot points, i already said EU is not canon.

9. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

You can't sever one's connetion with the force ( execpt the with the Yuuzhang Vongs ) either you are born force sensitive or you are not force sensitive at all. Not all jedi are weak some are, but not others, here is a list and rating of strong jedi and sith seen in the movie:
    1.Anakin Skywalker

2.Luke Skywalker

3. Master Yoda

4. Mace Windu

5. Palpatine

6. Maul

7.Obi-Wan

8. Qui-Gon Jinn

It is obivous that Anakin is strongest, he seem weak at Revenge of the Sith is because, he is ONLY 21 he have no experiance, and he is weak with his vader suit, because do you know how heavy it is? pretty heavy for a suit. Let see they beat Anakin in a fight ( remember he is the chosen one, so he can't die before palpatine so they can just lock Palpatin up and Anakin is invincable! )

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

A hundred ISDs? dude you are making stuff up, I ISD can destory a cube, because it have 60 turbolaser batteries they can all pinpoint at the same spot so thats why it is made like a triangle so they can fire at the same place. Read the whole page of Lucas' interview, he said it is canon.Accroding to Star Trek there is no wormhole outside the Milkyway so neither Star Trek is lying or there is no connetion wormhole ( Republic won't mind because they can get to Milkyway in 2 years, Federation will take centries and transwarp drive is slow compared to hyperdrive) So what about millions of ships, CIS plus republic over 10 years make 750,000,000 Ships ( light crusier, attack gunships included ,attack gunships are not LAAT/i) Remember it took 10 YEARS to built the republic and CIS navy not 10 decades like borg navy. Star Wars have battlestations too, they can bring in the Death Star ( CIS designed the Death Star so i am not involving the Empire ) and build superlaser on other battlestations, it is possible because CIS and Republic is allied in the debate.

11. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

That astroid is not big compared to the ISD ,but it is huge. Yah, i don't think the Star Destoryer is destoryed because that is before Captain Needa died, it is Captian Needa's ship Avenger. So if the bridge is destoryed Avenger would of been destoryed, but Avenger is seen with its bridge after that, how can you explain that? I can the impact destoryed the astroid and cased the explodsion, the shield protected it. Remember the Flacon? it got hit by a astroid while in Hyperspace so it would of been destoryed by your theory,but it surrived.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

They don't need to shoot at it, because the shields are strong enough.

14. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Ya, blasters are the handheld weapons. SW have Turbolasers!

15. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Thats why they don't shoot, they are saving it for the Falcon.

16. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

If they can't adap to Woof's balde, then it can't to lightsabers, force spikes and Vibroblades.

17. Cody Registered Member

And they were using the guns for days. The Hoth field is murderous, if you are big as an ISD, you are bound to be hit. No defense system is perfect.

18. Cody Registered Member

And when is a hand-pistol more effective than a Gigaton-level Turbolaser? The Borg couldn't adapt to 8472 because their weapons used mainly brute force, and that is what TLs use.

And Blasters blow chunks of off walls. They seem pretty equal.

19. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Borgs can't adapt of Lightsabers, Vibroblades, and Forcespike. If they can't adapt of worf's melee weapons, they can't to SW melee weapons. It is impossible to adpat to the force abilities. General Grevious can kill plenty of borgs by himself. I agree with cody, blasters is brute force, not phasers. Guess what, 8472 suck compared to the Republic and CIS. ( 8472 would get powned by the Empire )

20. Hotspur Registered Member

No. The Borg couldn't adapt to 8472 because they couldn't assimilate 8472.

21. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

dude have you been drinking gasoline? this is snow they are shooting. had that last shot been made by a 88mm Tiger 1 tank is WW2 every soldier in the trench would have been dead :bawl:

22. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

you've had a double dose of gasoline for today eh? if the shields were stron enogh why did the tower blow up to pieces smaller then couple of meters? i single photon torpedo would have reduced that asteroid to ashes...

23. Cody Registered Member

That doesn't make sense. They should be able to adapt to their weapons, even if they could not assimilate them, no?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.