Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gumbias Registered Member

SG would go pretty far with only 3 ships. From what I have seen example when they had the Wraith attack on Atlantis with the sheild up it took a pounding from the Wraith ships More then any sheild in either SW or ST. You do see DS9 take quite a beating from the Klingons, bu that is nothing compared to Atlantis.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gumbias Registered Member

"PERHAPS TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO DIE!!!!!"

"PREPARE FOR RAMMING SPEED!!!"

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Whoo Hoo 700

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Plus, you've got wormhole drive.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

YOU HAVE REACHED SEVEN HUNDRED PAGES.

*gasp!*.

8. Gumbias Registered Member

I had to laugh I noticed above that Spaceballs is beating SG in the poll. And why not how could you lose with a flying Winnebago.

9. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

well Spaceballs has it all. from the millenium falcon at the diner to the alien. hey and they have ludicrous speed looool. and don't forget the swartz and yoghurt hehehe. and i think u see the enterprise flying around th diner but i'm not sure lol.

10. Saquist Banned Banned

Over a hundred fighters? I suppose it's possible. There is no point Defense on the Hives...only batteries for precision Earth Strike and ship to ship bombardment.

We've never seen Stargate shields be overwhelmed unless there was insufficient power available to the shields.

During the bombardment of Atlantis by 10 Hive ships (Yes 12) 1 Zpm would have been depleted in 5 or 6 days and the shield would colapse.

When the replicators fired a beam through a stargate starship (a device with an unlimited amount of power) once again this powerful beam gave Atlantis 9 hours before the Atlantean shield failed. His was obviously a far more powerful weapon or the zpm was partially drained already.

But if that was the case then later the zpm when vented by the beam as it grazed the tower would have failed completely not alowing the city to escape in to hyperspace at all.

They're hit percentage isn't bad just a slow fire rate. Infact I've never seen the beam miss. Infact. The beam was capable of tracking a wraith cruiser as it accerlated to lighspeed for the hyperspace window...which is very fast.
    [/QUOTE]
    3. in this case it is the power ratios that matter, not size. a WW2 T-boat can smack down a flotila of Nelson's ships-of-the-line. so if the Cube gets blasted, it won't be because its small.[/QUOTE]

Of course.

Far more of a pounding! Days of pounding from 10 ships with as many as 7 shots continuously from each ship.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yet starfleet is a Star Democracy, rules thru order and allegiance, and doesn't need massive, planet cracking superweapons to hold the peace...

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In red

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

They could easily predict the effect it'd have. They go back in time, do it, use Relativistic Shielding to stop themselves being affected, jump foward in time, observe. ANything bad happens, they go back and stop themselves

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Remember though - for a long time, Nuclear Warheads are considered Top Dog last ditch in Stargate...

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

3. in this case it is the power ratios that matter, not size. a WW2 T-boat can smack down a flotila of Nelson's ships-of-the-line. so if the Cube gets blasted, it won't be because its small.[/QUOTE]

Of course.

Far more of a pounding! Days of pounding from 10 ships with as many as 7 shots continuously from each ship.[/QUOTE]

Saquist, let me ask you this - what IS the output of a ZPM? For all we know, a Warp Core could match or best it... and a Warp Core has a far greater sustained capacity under load than a ZPM (so long as they have M/AM)

Throw a warp Core on the Daedelus... hehe...

16. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

First, you have to consider the quantity. The Empire and the Rebels need a lot of fighters, so it means it would cost a ton of money. I don't think the Rebels have enough money to buy loads of fighters to fight the Empire, while the Empire pretty much have a monopoly on everything except for Mon Cal ships. The fighters the Rebels use are old fighters and bombers from the Clone Wars. I got to admit the Empire do have terrible turret control, but KDY doesn't sell ships for free you know, and the emperor do prefer quantity over quality. As for the targeting computers... it is sort of hard to look through a computer trying to aim when someone is shooting at you. As for computer vs human, I wonder why the confederation is in a stalemate with the clones even though the clones are vastly outnumbered.

17. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

I know they can't afford a massive invasion, but the empire is doing very well for the size of their territory.

18. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Well, yeah but the waiting time paid off.Republic Commandos and Alpha ARCs can outmatch Dominion foot soldiers, sergeants like Walon Vau toughened them up. They got trained by the best of the galaxy, and their sniping score have to be more than 95% or they "disappear". They are professionals.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2009
  19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If the clones are what became the Storm Troopers, and clones had to have a sniping score over 95%... why do stormtroopers SUCK so badly at shooting?

20. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Sorry but, THE GAR HAVE NO STORMTROOPERS. The only stormtroopers we've seen in the movies are the 501st legion, and they are leftovers from the Clone Wars. Clone troopers and terminate them, Fett clones have the best genome in the galaxy, natural instincts and ability are good but Dominion troops will lose because of the same reason Republic Commandos are weaker than real Mandalorians. Even though Commandos have better genes and natural talent, real Mandos have more hands on experience, so they have tactics that the Commandos never even seen before. So they are as Kal Skirata says "Data rich, Experience poor."

We never seen Star Wars adapt, because they didn't need to most of the time. Almost everywhere in the galaxy is explored and known thousands of years ago in the storyline, so there isn't anything new to adapt to. And when they adapt, they don't use enemy tech ( unless you count rebels using Star Destroyers ) they develop new toys, for example the YVH Hunter, ( Yuuzhan Vong Hunter ) Alpha Red, and the Fett-clone targeted virus. They are more than confident in their tech.

21. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

1. I said the commandos have 95%+ sniping score
    2. Accelerated aging ( there was a 20 year time skip, and they are already atleast 10 years old, so (20+10)x2 is 60 years old, but some Fett clones are made at the end of the clone wars so it is 40-60 year old clones. Clones age differently depending on the individual and don't ask why it said so in Republic Commando: True Colors )

22. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

There is something called shields so transporters won't work. And they can have personal shield generators ( As shown in droidiekas ), they can attach it to their Katarn armor. They can make their own "doors", so it will be sort of hard to track them. Commandos can slice the UFP's computers. As for getting on, a few high powered ion cannons and a "hatch persuaders" ( charges ) will do the trick. You are forgetting that Star Wars have really good weapons too, for example Centerpoint, Sun Crusher................

23. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

I forgot to mention the fact that the UFP ships can't communicate when they are quadrants apart. HoloNet can reach anywhere in the galaxy. Communications is very important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.