Discussion: That sex without consent is always rape

Discussion in 'Formal debates' started by James R, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

whats especially stupid was the fact that not only did this guy force his wife to rape this man but if he wanted to get her pregnant so badly there are sperm banks all over the place they could have used paid for by medicare for christ sake.

Now not only did this guy help RAPE a random guy but it was he stod there and held a knife to the guys throat while his WIFE raped him. I couldnt even imagin letting another guy sleep with PB let alone force someone else to at knife point. Its INSANE

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

it was fucking sick, was what it was.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Still being proud of the fact that you aren't able to figure out what a strawman is...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

If she has to be told that she was raped, well what kind of young adults are being raised on this planet? What kind of people take advantage of the alleged victim like that?

8. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Alleged victim? I wish that our legal system would allow that term to be used.

9. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

I know what the term means, thank you very much.

And you are still hiding behind insults like that and refusing to use reason.

10. MetaKron Registered Senior Member

If no one is being victimized they have to manufacture a victim and victimization.

11. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

You obviously don't show the fact that you have any clue as to what strawmen are at all.

12. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

*digs nails into underside of knuckles*

A "strawman" argument is when you misrepresent someone, attributing to them an argument that is exaggerated or otherwise more easily refuted than the one they actually made.

There, happy now? Any chance of you getting back to discussion instead of calling people trash and shit every time they actually make a point?

13. Randwolf Ignorance killed the cat Valued Senior Member

VI, don't let yourself have apoplexia.. What are you trying to accomplish? You are very good at making a point, relax, don't let people sidetrack you...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

14. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

You mean instead of simply throwing up more distractions like you had been doing by defending James strawmen?

Strawmen are dishonest distractions which warrant no response except a demand for such dishonestly to be taken back.

15. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

She didn't make any points, only attempted to defend the distractions being flung around by James.

16. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Syzygys:

The belief must, however, be reasonable.

Yes.

17. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

lepustimidus:

I have now asked angrybellsprout 6 times a simple yes-no question, which was this:

"Do you agree that sex without consent is always rape?"

Perhaps you missed those 6 times. So far, he has been unable or unwilling to answer the question.

Now, what are we to conclude from his unwillingness to answer? I outlined several possibilities earlier:

1. He thinks it makes him look like a big man if he can hold out against a reasonable question. i.e. he refuses to answer because he is petulant and it is me asking him.
    2. He thinks that sex without consent is rape but is worried about making himself look stupid after a consistent week of whining.
    3. He thinks that sex without consent is not rape, but realises that this is a shameful view to hold and therefore is too scared to admit to it.

Why don't you find out for us why is holding out. Maybe he'll talk to his little friend. You can comfort him.

18. lepustimidus Banned Banned

It's amazing how no-one here calls you on your dishonesty, James. I guess being a moderator has it's perks, hey?

Angrybellsprout doesn't need to play by your bullshit rules, especially after you misrepresented his point of view, and then labelled him a coward for not arguing in favour of the strawman you erected.

19. lepustimidus Banned Banned

James R:
    He's always thought that, you stuttering imbecile. Anyone who can read knows this.

Here's a suggestion. Re-read that stupid rape list, and just think about how many options claim that an act of sex is rape, despite explicit and/or implicit consent being given. Start with the ones regarding alcohol.

20. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

lepustimidus:

I apply the same standard to you as I do to your friend.

If you wish to accuse me of dishonesty, please cite and link to the relevant posts in which that dishonesty is evident. Otherwise, I ask you not to make unfounded accusations. Thankyou.

He did not need to participate in this thread at all. But for about a week now he has repeatedly and mysteriously felt the need to whinge and whine about how I have set up some "straw man" version of his opinions, yet strangely without ever feeling any need to correct the record and express his real opinions in a clear and concise manner. In fact, when asked for his actual opinions directly, he declines to answer, as pointed out above.

Once again, I open the floor for him to say what he really thinks - if he has the guts, that is.

21. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Can't he talk for himself? Why does he need you as his spokesman?

Hmmm.... so it is a "stupid" rape list, is it?

What's your opinion? Do you think that sex without consent is rape, or not?

22. angrybellsprout paultard since 2002 Registered Senior Member

Again with the dishonesty James.

My position has been clearly stated time and time again. The fact that you refuse to read and of the many times that I stated it, but would rather push your strawman just further points towards your dishonesty.

23. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

angrybellsprout:

You know what? I give up. I'm not going to ask you again what your position is. It is very easy for you to complain "I have expressed a position! Really I have! I promise!", and yet never refer to it, never link to it, never repeat it. The simple fact is that I have asked you to express your position 7 times now. That record speaks for itself.

I have had enough of you. The best thing about beating your heat against a brick wall is stopping, so I'm stopping.

The fact is: you're not important, anyway. Who gives a damn what you think? You've already forfeited any semblance of respectability in this debate.