Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

those missiles we've never seen fired from a capital ship?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Did you see the devastation in cuased in the Asteroid belt they were in. Using such a weapon when you are trying to Capture a light frieghter is like trying to capture a city with a nuclear bomb. Just is not smart.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

evidence shows they did fire the main HTLs in RoTJ.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

there are no such sound-weapons IRL

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

actually the bombers are more likely to get shot before they can launch

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

the transporter can transport as many objects as there are emitters even more if the objects are close from eachother

10. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

And? What's your point?

We know that a phaser rifle has a max output of 1.05 megawatts. We also know that it takes at least 4.2 gigawatts to power a small phaser bank. 933 x 4.2 = 3918.6 gigawatts.

Now, 150 megawatts are needed to vaporize a person. At level eight, it would have an output of 0.525 megawatts. Rounding down, we would basicly be getting 300 effective megawatts from 1.05 megawatts. Basicly we take 3918.6 gigawatts, and turn it into 3,918,600 megawatts. Then we divide it by 1.05, which brings it to 3,732,000, and then we multiply it by 300 megawatts. That gives us 1,119,600,000 megawatts, or 1,119.6 terawatts.

Except that wasn't a) five kilometers, and b) was made by a character with a reputation for being as stupid as shit.

Furthermore, we have no idea how many torpedoes the ship had, which could have been one or two for all we know, or ten. Or possibly a hundred.

Hey, I've proven that the Galaxy class's main phaser array has an output of 1,119.6 terawatts. Now you prove that you have a higher weapon output by actually doing some work of your own. I'm sure you'll just blow me off of course.

Oh, and remember, EU isn't canon, as we've said time after time.

11. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

How about you telling the truth?

Look TW, you can scream ICS all you want, but that isn't going to get you what you want. We have actual quotes from the creator of Star Wars that you're wrong. We've provided them. Either you start pushing up some real evidence from actual canon sources, and stop playing this loophole bullshit, I will report it to a mod to decide. Surely a neutral party can determine if there is any truth or logic to my claim.

Granted, a good tactical advantage, but it will be hard to find UFP areas because it will be a blind jump. Many of their ships may wind up in different parts of the galaxy.

12. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

lol, review the caps mate. review the caps.

13. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

but then there's no contest. in ST there are far to many deus-ex machina aliens to make an interesting fight. i'll stick with Empire vs UFP. easy to make educated guesse by on-screen evidence. that's how i got mu 2 scenarios so far:
    1. surprise attack by the empire on Earth, Vulcan and similar (regardless of the method they optained the hyperspace rutes) results in Empire victory

2. long frontal war of atrition and the UFP wins on the defencive, because the Empire crumbles on itself.

i'm still working on the tactical parameters for the scenrio TWS proposed. i've had work obligations the past 3 weekends (read i've had no weekends), so this goes rather slow. and i can't find any strike cruiser mods for bridge commander (i have both GCS and ISD2). if anyone has them, please inform me.

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i must admit those seismic charges are funky weapons. they make no sence. i still don't have even the slightest inspiration on their working principles. besides, are they good for anything else but mine-layers?

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

don't put your hope on "Occam's Razor" lad. 1000 years ago it would imply the Earth was flat.

16. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

good to know, thanx mate.

17. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

lol, you'll se what are Blasters good for in the next 48 hours

18. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

there is no greater cano nthen the movies, and they use HTLs in RoTJ. on Rebels HTL is aperantly enough to obliterate an ISD2.

and the largest thing LTLs did blast were 6-7m cylindrical asteroids.

19. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

surely they would have used them to protect their ISD towers?

20. Saquist Banned Banned

So now canon has been determined to be false.
    This is a precedent. As a result other sections of canon can now be questioned in the same manner at length.

And yet time after time the Rebelion deployed fighter offensives against the Empire. It was stated in the novel of Return of the Jedi that such a Rebel Fleet had never been assembled. Fighters were the Rebel mainstay. The fact they took down the biggest captial ship of all with snubb fighters says they are not quite as over matched you would interpret the facts.

21. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Then Federation and Borgs are not allies. CIS is manipulated by Palpatine and palpatine is the surperm chanceller. Remeber it is Star Wars vs Star Trek.

22. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

I checked, all ships in Hoth ( except the one disabled ), is involved in later conflicts.

23. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Excuse me, what about the shapers agreed to help rebuild Coruscant, and Harrar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.