"Atheist proves god does exist"

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by universaldistress, Mar 11, 2011.

1. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

I don't even want to entertain your nonsensical babblings with a response. You frequently ignore my explanations and reassert the same claptrap.

Your core attack directed with the idea scientists discovering god then becoming theists -when they would in fact clearly remain scientists- has been successfully routed. Now I see you have nothing left of substance with not one utterance of a logical proffering.

You even quarrel with the definition guidelines set down by the moderators of this forum and the contexts they choose for terminology for this board. Are there no lows you will not drop to?

Don't attack the messenger, attack the topic in a scientific, coherent way (sciforums.com)

If not believing god exists is narrow minded then I am happy to be it lol.

Scientific avenues are open. Mumbo jumbo bullshit is offbounds on a science forum?

"tran·scen·den·tal
       /ˌtrænsɛnˈdɛntl, -sən-/ Show Spelled[tran-sen-den-tl, -suhn-] Show IPA
    –adjective
    transcendent, surpassing, or superior.
    being beyond ordinary or common experience, thought, or belief; supernatural.
    abstract or metaphysical.
    idealistic, lofty, or extravagant.
    Philosophy .
    a.
    beyond the contingent and accidental in human experience, but not beyond all human knowledge. Compare transcendent ( def. 4b ) .
    b.
    pertaining to certain theories, etc., explaining what is objective as the contribution of the mind.
    c.
    Kantianism . of, pertaining to, based upon, or concerned with a priori elements in experience, which condition human knowledge. Compare transcendent ( def. 4b ) . "

""If you have within your imagination other ideas of what God is, or could be,
    be my guest..""

I do actually. Something that could blow the whole thing open. But I wouldn't leak it to religious types as they would just use it to manipulate.

Not ideals. SCIENCE.

""An atheist will not find God, because an atheist has no interest in finding God. An atheist wants what he wants, and doesn't really know what to do beyond that.""

Already addressed this point. You are very good at ignoring a opposing point, does it take practice?

I made points and you made points. I counter your points but you ask me to make new ones when I have already made the relevant ones which you have chosen to ignore. Weak. Look to your own ability to win a debate . . .

Hypothetically: When god is real and not imaginary he will be a subject of science and not theism.

Can you give me evidence of god please because I am all out. Your stance is ridiculous.

Your questing is totally illogical and any scientist would be unable to engage in this talking for talkings sake.

The only question you offered in your last post that I haven't already addressed in this thread is this one:

"is he saying; 'here is some physical evidence, this is god, but he is not trancendental as believed by religions,
    and defined in scriptures'?"

If you define god as being beyond physical. Let me explain something to you. Everything is anchored in the physical. That is SCIENCE. That is what we are here to address. Infinity is a physical existence. If you look to an imaginary mode of existence to explain the universe then atoms may as well all be pink elephants.

Hence you are the one outside of science. My argument is firmly rooted in science so your closing claims are again non-sensical.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Why don't you address my foremost points instead of going back down the stream of the argument to previously resolved points.

Does she do this often guys??

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Ok Jan

I'll throw you a line. Can you concisely explain the nature of the god you believe in? I would be interested to know what you vehemently argue to uphold.

I am opening up.

Why do you believe god isn't physical, and how does that work within the universe, and what evidence do you have to support your view? If your god is non-physical how does he manipulate the universe (if he does (please excuse my use of the term 'he'))

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

You're not opening up. You're a liar.

8. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Interesting assertion lol

Is this flaming?

9. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

10. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

I believe claiming I am a liar to goad a response, with no evidence IS flaming.

You would do well to not do it again or I may have to report it :deal:

11. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

All of a sudden, I don't think you're a liar any more. But you're not opening up even though you said you are. Some would say you're a liar but I wouldn't. Please don't ask me how that can be because if I tell you, you may report me.

12. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

The fact you retract the deed doesn't mean it wasn't enacted.

I am willing to hear and consider Jan's response.

You are lucky I was only joking . . . gotcha! If one continually pisses into the wind, one gets wet lol. Best not do it again anyway

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

13. Kellisness Registered Senior Member

I'll do whatever I like. Only joking. Maybe.

14. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Definitely maybe.

15. Rav Valued Senior Member

God didn't create the universe. The universe is God. God is the universe. The universe is defined as the totality of all that exists. God and nature are the same thing, and everything that exists, exists within nature.

I wonder why you believe that Spinoza even bothered to open his mouth, or why he was branded by some as a heretic, or even an atheist (a somewhat serious charge at the time) if he was simply proposing the same conception of God that most people already believed in.

You seem to be of the belief, Jan, that Spinoza's God is essentially no different from your own. This is, I suspect, the primary cause of your enthusiastic objections to what I am saying. One way to resolve this would be for you to lay your own beliefs on the table for us to examine and compare to those of Spinoza. You may believe that you have already done this in previous discussions, but from what I've seen you've always managed to be quite vague/non-specific.

16. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Panthea, the greatest God there never was, for she does but what nature does…

17. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

universaldistress,

LOL!! You're looking for a fight, aren't you?

What are we discussing here, atheists, or scientists?
    Or are you asserting that scientists and atheists are the same? :shrug:

I see and understand those guidlines, but in the field I experience something
    different. I'll go with my experience everytime.
    Bear in mind, the guidelines are set by atheists, who are not sympathetic (to say the least) to my position.

Then put foreward a premise, complete with definitions and boundaries.
    I will happily comply.
    At present you are nowhere.

''Believing'' is more of a word than the dictionary definition implies.

Good.
    Then apply it.

You forgot to add what it means when applied to God.
    Good job I covered it heh!

Right now, you need to say it, otherwise this whole thread is a futile exercise.

It could be your presentation;

When you want to quote someone, highlight the portion you wish to quote,
    then press the little paper-script thingy, next to the little picture with mountains, underneath to right blue return arrow, and the section will have quote marks around it. If you wish to say who the quote is by the put '=' then the name, after the front quote (

18. Jan Ardena OM!!! Valued Senior Member

Here.

jan.

19. lightgigantic Banned Banned

I certainly hope the to-be pre-eminent atheist includes an explanation of how science is capable of contextualizing the claim for god's existence in his thesis ... I mean heaven forbid if he is only preaching to the converted ...

20. SciWriter Valued Senior Member

Jan's faulty dictionary has 'believe' wrong and 'science' not in it.

21. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

My idea of any possible god would remain theory/fiction until anyone could prove its validity. I am aware that my theories on infinity and a possible creative force are not proven, so I do not assert them as fact or even scientific. Maybe fringe scientific, with predominantly untestable components. It is called philosophy I believe.

Tackled this point already but for the lazy:

universaldistress
    You can't argue with the fact most scientists are not believers, but either hardline atheists or atheists open to the possibility of god. The latter I might add is my stance.

wiki tows the same line, my cambridge paperback encyc. tows the same line. Why can't you relent and use the universally agreed upon terminology? Is this a symptom of a stubborn ignore the facts outlook?

If you had read this whole thread, which you clearly haven't -or are choosing to ignore the context established- then you would be aware of the OP and its logical implications.

Did you not mean a metaphysical god? Transcendental could be attributed to a physical being having transcended, transcending, or could transcend to a godlike state?

I am sorry but this is a massive flaw in your approach. This threads validity isn't contingent on my conjecturalising on the possible form any god might take (not to say I won't reveal it in the future, if i see fit.) It is a theist's role to define god, not a scientist's. Scientists just interpret evidence. If the evidence leads to god then a scientist will need to define god according to restrictions of the evidence. Get it. Of course I could have a theory but that isn't relevant to the suggestion an atheist will find god.

I don't think so. Read the thread through. You can read? or are you using the force to understand me?

Only one ass being kicked here honey

All my posts are understandable to someone who can read. Is this a considered counter to my OP?

God and science are self explanatory. Look in the dictionary

Jan
    Since you said this duh! :

Jan
    You didn't want me to counter this? So why did you assert it?

Jan
    We can't see atoms but are they there? Yes. By running a small metallic needle (comb or something) over silicon we measured the movements and realised atoms are real. It is called an 'experiment'. Through experiments god wouldn't need to be seen. Evidence can be acquired and then one can make a sound judgement. I thought 10 year olds had a reasonable grasp of the basics of science.

Pop science. that sounds wonderful. Fact is you have a very limited grasp of any core qualities any scientist needs to reach any thing near logical conclusions.

uni
    Jan
    Everything is anchored in the physical. That is what science proves (is that more clear for you? Why focus on such fickle points when the real issue you leave insufficiently addressed?)

Maybe I will one day. It isn't relevant to this debate, though I know you really wan't to know

. If you want to get closer to my idea you should read my last thread.

Your argument is illogically contingent on on a definition of god being established. I am a scientist not a theist. It is a scientists job to acquire and interpret evidence. Then base theories around this. Not blindly believe in a definition. If you want to offer your definition as an argument buoyed by evidence and use this to disprove the notion that an atheist is more likely to discover god than a theist then be my guest. I have asserted my defence to my suggestion. I am a scientist. I do not have a definition (definitive one) of god as such. I do have an imagination, but any fictions I may harbour have no relevance to THIS discussion.

I did not ask if it is possible to find god, simply suggested that if he is discovered chances are (statistically) it will be an atheist. And I have built an argumnet to support this. All you have done is tried to subvert this thread to your own ends, namely extracting a definition of god from an unbeliever.

My presentment isn't contingent on this definition crossing my lips so why would I entertain the notion. It is rather naive of you to try and extract a fiction from me in a erroneous besmirchment via miasmal corollaries. Your argument is patently an unsifted approach you have probably had success with in the past. A wholesale fudging preceding attempted subjugation incorporating techniques more fitted to a 'wind-up party' than a serious logical debate.

Originally posted by Jan

Physical.

Consciousness is a physical mode.

Physical.

Physical (yes this is very mundane)

So according to this god IS physical. And therefore your belief is in line with my OP suggestion. What will happen when consciousness is cracked by scientists and proved to be purely physical? (possibly deeper than we thought, maybe quantum? Maybe then theists will try to come up with a scientific approach to a creator? But what will that spell for your belief? We will see.)

Do conscious dogs/bitches go to heaven with their owner's faith?

22. universaldistress Extravagantly Introverted ... Valued Senior Member

Science seeks to (know) uncover the secrets of the universe and its formation. God IS the universe or created it, so therefore scientists in a broad sense are always looking for god/lack of god/truth.

Go figure. . .

23. Enmos Valued Senior Member

I don't think a lot of atheists would object to the usage of the word 'God' as a synonym for 'Universe'.