experiences with your god?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by sOopahvi, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Enmos Valued Senior Member

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Leo Volont Registered Senior Member

This is the one case where Polytheism or Pantheonism may have been surrendered to quickly to the philosophical seductions of Monotheism. Why? Well, where so few people have Dreams or Psychological Experiences which can be said to isolate a Transcendental All Powerful Absolute God (how would that even be possible?), but if we still had Polytheistic Pantheonism then nearly every spiritual person could talk on and on and on about Dreams and Visions we have had of Demi-Gods and Guardian Angels.

Indeed, if most Monotheists were not quite so stupid, they could claim that a Transcendent God, being Transcendent, cannot be experienced, but that Heaven has the Agency of multiple ranks of Angels, ranging from the Almost God-Like Seraphims and Arch-Angles to the more ordinary Guardian and Messenger Angels.

But, in any regards, the Atheist, trained in denying the God of Greek Philosophy, given to us by other Atheists (who were, after all, the Greek Philosphers but buggering drunks arguing for God one minute only to ridicule Him the next), would reject such Arguments of Heavenly Agency as being evasive. This is the difference between Revealed Religion and the Religion of both Philosophers and Atheists... that Reality is always more Complex than drunken simplicity.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Spud Emperor solanaceous common tater Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vkothii Banned Banned

Hey, I'm a monotheist. Also I'm a polytheist.

I didn't meet this God dude in some alleyway, I didn't "meet" anyone, except ME.
    That's what self-realisation means, you realise who/what you are. I don't need to verify or check this by reading a book, I just have to "listen", and "look" (there are a couple other things too). I suppose I could deny that I can hear or see anything, but that would be self-delusion. It can't be true that God can't be experienced, in my view, because I am God, and I experience (myself).

God is transcendent, but he's also inside my head (along with some band - not sure what their style could be called - "celestial" perhaps?).
    Of course, there is absolutely no "need" for me to "impress" any ideas on anyone, nor any "requirement" that you believe a word I'm saying (maybe this is all BS after all)...

8. Enmos Valued Senior Member

You are also an atheist.

9. Vkothii Banned Banned

Go figure.

10. Enmos Valued Senior Member

Exactly.. lol

11. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

Do you care to share your purpose? The way you put it here makes it sound very specific. Also, can you explain more about what you meant by god as a female first and a male last? Both at the same time? Two parts of a whole? Also, I wondered where this interaction occurred, and if she/he has a human form. Did this happen to you 25 years ago or...have you been waiting since?

No, not 25 years ago, I went back and reread...so how long ago?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  12. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i have heard it described before in a very beautiful song.

13. Lori_7 Go to church? I am the church! Registered Senior Member

i googled Kali. she is a hindu goddess; the dark mother. i find her to be very interesting.

14. sOopahvi Registered Member

fascinating!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

thanks for sharing.