Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

It is everything that is cannon, as in, the pre-federation ships can fight along with federation ships as long as it isnt the same ship.
    For example. the Enterprise A-E + J since A-E and J are confirmed to exist.
    Plus, everything in between E and J obviously existed since J exists...
    Plus, for example. the Timeship Relativity plus Zefram Cochrane's Phoenix will be in the battle too, but the latter wont do much help...

The Trade Federation Control Ships will fight alongside ISDs and Acclamators.
    In-Universe rivalries are put aside, and everybody helps everybody.
    The Jedi and Sith work together. The Voth, Borg, and Dominion will work with the Federation, even though they dont exactly like each other. This includes Q and any other supernatural beings including the prohpets and TOS gods.

Naboo fighters can fight alongside with
    We are so "agitated" due to TWScott's sense of logic.
    it is extremely illogical that he will pursue a path like this and not admit to the truth.
    Edit: page 209 was devoid of TWScott! Yahoo!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Yeah... Gowron sucked as a general...
    Clone - Kahless is a better Klingon warrior/ leader...

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

@Kittamaru
    Please dont insult anybody.
    It was bad enough with TWScott. We arent here to strangle people to death...

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Vote Worf as the new Klingon Leader. ....

8. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Games are not canon, by either side of the coin. Paramount does not recognize them as canon and Lucas has specifically excluded them as canon. Anyone claiming they are canon is lying.

9. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

If dropping out of hyperspace too close means you are detected thatwould mean they do have FTL sensors, Idiot. Becuase if you are completely undetectable in Hyperspace you could simply drop out above the planet and start the attack. Dropping out early and sneaking in at sublight possibly avoids some of the sensor arrays. Don't you see the logic here.

Actually the Jedi and Sith only clash when their are not more important enemies around. They don't neccesary hate each other, just oppose each others methodology. However the Voth might help, species 8472 definately won't but the Vioth might. However you have no proof that the Voth have conduit less Transwarp, none at all. In fact from what we know of Transwarp it may very well rely on the conduits.

Really, seems to me i remeber a comercial break in there, but I could be wrong. However 90 light years in five second is impressive, but we would nee script proof on that one as that allows end to end traverse of our glaxay in 1.23 hours. Which does not match what the rest of the series claims about Transwarp, even Borg transwarp.

Actually, you cannot take obviously like that. It was a major effort to extend the warp field around a relatively still object. Trying the same against a target firing at you would be suicidal at best....It's not a tactic becuase it is unfeasable and or ineffective.

What, all those controls infront of them were for show? And there is no evidence to say R2 didn't have control of shields, after all that is his function.

No, I admit you are an Idiot and I refuse to waste my time answer points that have been adressed over and over again and proven. All you are doing is posting drivel that proves you have so little a concept of reality that you are a danger to yourselves and others.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Wookiepedia, like wikipedia is to be taken with a grain of salt. I prefer the ANH novel I own, signed by Lucas mind you, that says they simply did not raise the shields as the incoming craft were not a threat.

But they still have the maps, don't they.

Detected by what? Civilizations that will start First Contact prooceeding and open diplomatic talks, and offer maps from Stellar cartography....Don't tell that isn't what the Federation would do.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

First of all Soren Device and Bioships. And no either does not compare to SW surper weapons.

The Death Star II when completed would have been the ultimate Starbase. Planetary shields overlapping creating a impenetrable protective coccoon. Enough firepower to blow apart any planet in SW galaxy, no matter it's size, composition or defenses. Thousands of tubolaser batteries, missiles, millions of troops and crew. and hundreds of fighters.

The Suncrusher had a super dense armor that could take a strike from a Heavy Turbolaser and the craft itself could reach .999c. Not to mention the torpedoes that could cuase any type of star to go super nova.

and there were more, from the gigantic Yuuzhan Vong Worldships to the unassuming Staff of Darkness.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually in A New Hope. Han says he can get to .5 past light speed. Meaning that his ship could travel twice as fact as a standard hyperdrive. We can see clearly in the movies that Hyperdrive is insanely fast. Hell, Lord Sidious made it from pretty much the core of the galaxy to the rim in a matter of hours. Two at most.

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Look, this whole thing comes down to numbers. SW just has more.

More Ships
    More Worlds
    More Tech
    More Speed
    More Weapons
    More Firepower
    More People

It's that cut and dried.

I love Star Trek as much as I love Star Wars and truth be told I would prefer Star Trek to win, but wanting it so doesn't make it so. Star Wars is the clear winner in a war situation.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Quality > Quantity little scott.

You're as bad as they come- you think it's clear cut and it's not.

Star Trek has a few very powerful weapons they don't use for the simple fact it's immoral- fighting someone like the empire, where their existance is at stake, they would say fuck the prime directive and lets go all out. They would Genesis Device your planets, Neutrino Burst your hyperdrives, beam your people into space, and generally do whatever it takes to survive. In the end, no matter what, Star Trek wins. hands down, cut and dried(tm).

You're numbers are bogus.

It is said, CANNON STAR WARS, that HyperDrive is at best what, 1.5x light speed? It is said CANNON STAR TREK that Warp 1 is a little better than Light Speed. Warp nine is a factor of 10*10^9 and then some better (depending on which era warp equation you use)

Thus it stands to reason the Wars galaxy is much smaller given these CANNON numbers.

The fact of the matter is, Scott, that you cannot back ANY of your claims with solid proof- you pull and sift information out that isn't there and try to disprove information that is. In the movies they specificly said the shields WERE up because the fish face said:

"IT'S A TRAP"

So yeah... shields were up... protected by shields from the moon... particle shields, which you claim can block solid objects. Apparently not.

*sighs* I'm tired of fighting with bogus factoids... to all the facts that you claim "There is no evidence to the contrary", please remember there is ALSO no evidence to SUPPORT your claim.

15. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

dune will rule in the end fremen no can bet them in miltary conflict the spaceguild navigaters can see the future. the telaxu or however you spell have facedancers assassins and can make clones the ix can make some wicked machins

16. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Actually, the reasons for this are obvious. The sensors can detect people coming out of hyperspace. The Imperials can mask their real-space sensors if they drop out of hyperspace farther.

"The Voth also have spatial displacement capabilities – a form of cloaking technology that moved their starships or even individuals out of phase. "
    However, in the Voyager episode "Relativity," a Voth is seen manning the Navigation post on a 29th century Federation Timeship
    From Memory Alpha.
    "The Voth, rather than making a network of conduits, equip each ship with a transwarp engine. This special technology allows them to travel at transwarp without the need for a network."
    No conduits.

The Voth have had 65 million years as a space-faring people. They certainly have the capability to develop that technology. Since they join the Federation by the 29th Century, it is understandable that the Future ships we seen in some time-travel episodes, which will certainly be part of the SW vs. ST fight, will join in with the superior technology.

Maybe, unless they used Voth spacial disruption technology to close in without the Imperials knowing what hit them...

There is no evidence though, that states that R2 DID lower the shields or weapons.
    There is NO proof that R2 raised shields or lowered weapon strength in the Naboo hangar bay. The novelization i have read doesnt mention any of this. Please back up with facts.

Just stop with the insults. You are proving yourself to be less and less mature and less and less credible by the word.
    You have NO PROOF that SW weapons are as strong as the ICS books say since Episode 1, which is "higher canon" disproves it. Then, there are CANON NOVELS, which OUTWEIGH ICS, that says that the Fighters have 20 kilotons max.

17. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

They would know the Empire would treat them like sh*t.
    They will never trade with the Empire.

Who says first contact will be with teh Federation?
    There is a 90% chance it wont be, and knowing the Empire, they will open fire the second they see the Federation ships...

18. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

I GOT YOU.
    .999c means .999 the speed of LIGHT.
    If any ship travels that close to the speed of LIGHT, it experiences relativism. It would take a few years inside it for a voyage, but hundreds of years would pass on the outside. The .999 speed of Light is extremely impractical. This shows exactly how UNSCIENTIFIC THE SW WRITERS ARE. They dont even know relativism...
    Why are the Bioships so bad? They can EASILY destroy an entire solar system. They can open rifts PAST Death Star shields from their layer of fluidic space and they can bypass all shields. Thought about that? The only reason they didnt do it in ST is because they didnt need to.
    You just state it doenst compare and give NO REASONS. Damn, I wish we had a neutral judge...

19. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

The Borg have THOUSANDS of cubes with 200k+ people on each...
    The same amount of worlds.
    Plus, ST has many many space stations plus, the Borg cubes are cities in space while they also occupy planets. Number of planets doesnt matter as much in ST. Then, think about this. The average federation soldier in ST lives a MUCH better life than any person in either the old/ new republic or the empire...
    HAHA. When was the last time you saw someone in SW with the technical profiency of ST? ST is more adaptable and much better with technology. the Variety of technology alone is staggering...
    Refer to my comments on the Voth. There is absolute proof that the trip was indeed about 5 seconds.
    Maybe more, but definitely weaker. You need something the size of the Death star to destroy a planet while 8 relatively small bioships can cause novas. Plus, Species 8472 has thousands of bioships, easily replacable.
    HAHA. Bioships have much more firepower and can easily bypass any shields available. Plus, since Voyager mended 8472- Federation relationships, they might even have a treaty later on to share technology.
    Oh yes, but most of them are NON COMBATANTS.
    in the Klingon Empire and Borg Collective, almost 100% are ready-to-fight warriors. The Dominion has entire species dedicated to fighting. Last I checked, the Imperials never let any non-human into the Storm Trooper forces since they are extremely xenophobic. If they had let Wookies or a stronger race be their crack troops, they would be better, but they are too xenophobic. ST will use any species necessary, except Klingons will never use Ferengi.

Stop deluding yourself.
    Seriously.

Last edited: May 19, 2007
  20. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

I believe the reason nobody uses these weapons you mention in the ST universe is taht they have experience against these weapons and know how to combat them. The SW technicians DONT know how to combat them.

21. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Exactly.
    The movies DISPROVE your books.
    Since movies are "higher canon", it is the right canon.
    The SW galaxy is MUCH smaller than what you have stated.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I think we can put this one to bed... finally...

Trek Wins. Wars put up a good fight, but in the end all that remains were the smoldering cadavers and charred ruins of Wars ships and pilots.

23. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Chancellor Gowron was fine until he got jealous of Martok's fame in the Dominion war. That's why I put him in TNG (a big help to Captain Picard and the Federation-Klingon alliance) rather than DS9 even though he was in both. If Martok and Gowron worked together, they'd make a fearsome team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.