On Einstein's explanation of the invariance of c

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by RJBeery, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Do you now understand that by definition, light always travels 299,792,458 m/s because we define the meter to be the distance light travels in 1⁄299,792,458 of a second? By definition, light travels 299,792,458 m/s because that is the way we defined the meter. That doesn't mean light can't traverse a meter stick in more or less time, as the meter stick is also capable of its own motion, which changes the time it takes light to traverse the meter stick.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Can you provide a link to just one of the million experiments that has measured the one-way times in each direction? I'm not talking about calculating the one-way times by dividing the round trip time by two, I'm talking about actually measuring the one way times using my sync method. How do they know the distance between the synchronized clocks? All they are doing is confirming the speed of light. So what, we defined the speed of light, do they expect to see a different speed using the very definitions that define it?

Do you understand that it is IMPOSSIBLE for one-way times to always be the same regardless of the velocity using my sync method and the standard definitions of the meter and the second? In effect, what you are saying is that a car that is traveling at a constant 60 MPH down the road, traversing a school bus, always takes the same amount of time to traverse the bus, regardless of the speed of the bus, or the direction of travel. That is simply impossible.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

MD, if you're sure of yourself why haven't you submitted a paper for review?

Tach, kept egging you on with with the tempt of a Nobel Prize.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

I know my theory. I'm not a scientist, I'm not a mathematician. I've never submitted a paper before and don't have the first clue how to go about doing that. That doesn't make me wrong.

8. Tach Banned Banned

All these shortcomings did not stop the Nobel committee to put you on the list. They are even offering you a dark box that locks on the outside for you to complete your epochal experiment.

9. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Well, how long have you had this theory?

10. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

You know, it's not even really so much as a theory than it is doing things the way we are supposed to be doing them. I'm not making up some wild time dilation, length contraction, 13 universe theory, I am explaining why Einstein's methods are wrong, and how to do it the proper way, using the standard basic math and definitions of distance and time.

Do you see something new? No, it is just the concept of how to use known standards the PROPER way.

11. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Well, do you feel you have something significant to say to a greater audience?

I'm trying to remind myself why I'm posting at the moment.

12. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Yes, but I've been trying to explain it for 30+ pages here and nobody seems to agree with me, what would make me think I could convince a room full of physicists, when I can barely speak their language?

13. Beer w/Straw Transcendental Ignorance! Valued Senior Member

Well, carry on.

I guess :huh:

14. chinglu Valued Senior Member

Funny

15. chinglu Valued Senior Member

I wonder why you can not speak their language.

16. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

What I hope to accomplish here is that someone of stature realizes I am correct, and then it snowballs from there. The problem is, even IF they know I am correct, they don't want to look silly and stick their neck on the line, so they just say nothing. Well, I'm just trying to set the record straight. If nobody cares to listen there is nothing I can do.

17. chinglu Valued Senior Member

You are not correct because your theory is not provable.

You assume the universe as an object is at rest.

Then, you go on inside the universe with objects making paths that are absolute relative to the fixed "universe" object.

Unless you know exactly what the universe is, you can not claim it is a object at rest.

18. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

I do NOT assume the universe to be an object at rest. I assume the distance of the volume of space is defined by light travel.

19. chinglu Valued Senior Member

Keep reading what you wrote and you are exactly saying that the universe is at absolute rest.

20. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

Is volume an object? No!

21. chinglu Valued Senior Member

:wallbang:

No person said it was. But, to define a volume with a constant speed of light forces the volume to be constant and not moving. Otherwise your definition make no sense.

So since all this fixed, it is an object.

22. Motor Daddy Valued Senior Member

The universe is an infinite volume, with objects that travel in that volume. The volume isn't anything other than distance, or space. Distance doesn't move, it is defined by light travel time!

23. chinglu Valued Senior Member

You define an infinite volume with a finite speed of light?