Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The Falcon has one of the best sensor masks in SW. By the time the main fleet knew it was no longer being pursued the Falcon had landed inside a massive asteroid.

So expalin how ST keeps losing ships in magnetic poles?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You said Sonic yourself mate... make up your mind you fucking flip flopper.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

A massive asteroid and inside the belly of some sort of worm...

so it's "advanced sensors" cannot tell the difference between asteroid rock and a living creatures tissues?

8. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Good point, so the mine would have been made for the purpose of causing a massive seismic wave. Hardly anything to be too proud about, though nifty. But considering he set it within the astroid, its hardly anything to be proud about.

But it does remind me of this:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Oh, and Scott:

The crew didn't say anything to the contrary because, for whatever reason, it just happened. Also, they are TRAINED OFFICERS, not farmboys who state every little thing that goes wrong. When something goes wrong, they FIX IT.

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You know I hate liars. I never said sonic. Of course with your head so far up your ass you'd probably never be able to tell the difference

11. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

I think you did mate.

12. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Well, I'm off to bed now.

Later.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You did about 20 or so pages back *sighs*

Alzhiemers too eh?

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Hellblade, the knife of Kah'less has dug deep into Scotts argument, pouring fourth what little lifeblood remains in his feeble attempts to seem powerful.

We shall see you upon the gates of hell scott!

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

*smiles happily*

Scott, I do not hold any hope of you ever being man enough to admit your mistakes much less stand up for what you believe in. You are content to throw up smokescreen after smokescreen in an attempt to hide your lack of factual evidence.

You have failed. Let it die. You Lost.

16. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

*yawn*

Sorry, forgot that I wanted to post this. A picture that I took off of Darkstar's site, I put some captions into it. And yes, these are official Star Trek Ranges.

17. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Infact he isn't so wrong at all; ok the phasers might be better in combat but don't forget to handle a sabre corectly you must be a Jedi or Sith. Both of with can knock that phaser out of your hand before you can fire. Don't underestimate the power of the dark side

Although I must admit if there are a lot of ppl the Jedi and Sith would indeed have a problem.:bawl:

18. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I've surfed the Stardestroyer.net and thought is was good. allthough i don't know much about the expanded universe i assumed i was learning stuff. I must thank u Hellblade8 to bringing it to my attention on the creater off it. I must say a can not an will not accept any1 messing around like that. I love all sci-fi (except Solaris, boy that was lame). I still can't figure out why so many ppl try do bring down StarWars and Startrek.
    @ scott: please gife me an other website where i can find some good stuff to debate with. I still want SW to win but not like this.

19. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I don't know maybe the blast wasn't somuch puching air but black matter?
    Before you start screaming "Non-canon". it's just a though

20. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

ok so your torpedo's can go far. torpedo's can be targeted.
    Whe're talking close combat here.
    Let's say Scott is exagerating. And he multiplies everything by then. than the turbolazers still have a 0.12 gigawats. multiply this with the quantity of turbolazers and you still get a shit load of firepower.
    Can anyone give me some wright numbers for a change or can we finally come to a compromise on firepower from both sides?

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I have a question. Is we send a ship the size of the milenium falcon on a coallisioncourse with Voyager, what would happen. What ship would survive the coallison. None? If so was is a good tactic? a ship like the falcon can be flown bij a few droids. I don't know howmany ppl are on board of voyager but i'll bet the're more tha 500 aren't there.
    Can anyone proof to me ST sensor can detect Hyperspace. Because I hope someone can proof me wrong on this. I like ST to much to see them blown away that easily. Your shield won't do a thing so I hope your sensor do.

22. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Not to be nitpicking but you say we can't use thousands of ISD's because you can't see them in the movies butt yet you clame Borg have millions, but are they shown. I not desputing that thare aren't millions of borg vessels but don't you dispute then that there aren't thousands of isd either:bugeye: peace

23. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

See, but the Borg can adapt within one battle.

Also, Weren't the Jedi wiped out in SW all except 1 or something ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.