Man Beheads Wife in 'Honor' Killing

Discussion in 'Ethics, Morality, & Justice' started by jessiej920, Feb 19, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I agree. I really cannot understand all the hoopla about a husband killing his wife when you're throwing bombs on children and think that 500,000 children dying is the right price for your civilized society

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. leopold Valued Senior Member

don't blame me, i believe i mentioned the events about trumans time and the suggestions of forrestall.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. John99 Banned Banned

This case is not being publicized at all in u.s.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

You're kidding. It was all over CNN. Unlike the Texas guy who called the police last month to tell them he had stabbed and filleted his girlfriend and was cooking her in his mothers house. They went over to find a pot on the stove with a human ear floating in it. And a slab of meat on a plate with a fork sticking out of it.

But nah, that's not news.

8. John99 Banned Banned

I have no idea what you are talking about.

He was on CNN previously, prior to this incident, due to his having a television station.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  9. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I saw it on CBS. Wasn't interesting enough for MM.

If he hadn't called the cops she'd just be another missing woman. Like the Chandra Levy case.

But if he was Muslim, then everyone would pore over every gruesome detail

11. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

I could point out that he was black, if it would make you feel better :xctd:

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

I'm presently purple if that makes you feel better. Occasionally I'm red, sometimes green (after drinking leftover soy milk). But mostly, I'm brown.

13. John99 Banned Banned

considering the circumstances, this case is getting very little air time.

14. PieAreSquared Woo is resistant to reason Registered Senior Member

Okay

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

... how about this... he's a Texan ...

oke:

Now I'm going to catch hell

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Perhaps we should be glad that we are no longer in the Age of the Tartars, who collected heads so as to wear cloaks stitched from scalps and relished entertaining visitors with tales of their fallen enemies while serving them drinks in the jewel encrusted skulls of their hapless victims.

16. swarm Registered Senior Member

Bill Maher mentioned it on his show.

17. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

No Islamic court in Pakistan has ever ruled in favor of a husband killing his wife this way. I see it referred to here as honor killing, but actually that is a Western definition to try to blur myth with reality. In Pakistan and other countries, it is called qatal which means murder. Muslim countries also are not the only countries who have this problem, America, India, China, and many others have this problem too. A man does not have to be Muslim to be a murderer and criminal.

By the way, I hope the prosecution goes through. I would like to see this criminal behind bars. In Islamic Fiqh, he would be executed, therefore he should count himself as being lucky to have done this in America where punishments for crimes like this and rape (usually 15 years in US law system) are significantly lighter.

The fact that I have to say that I am against this crime to prove to you how I think is a telling example of prejudice and bigotry on this forum. Muslims are presumed guilty until proven innocent. Classic.

18. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Lest we forget, this crime took place in America involving two Americans. Deflecting blame to a particular religion or country is a shortcut.

What we should really be asking ourselves is why are infidelity, prostitution, divorce, and martial violence so common in America. There is a reason for the rate of divorce in America being the highest, being related to infidelity. Too many childrens' lives are ruined in this country because of this problem.

This is not one people's problem, it is a global problem. That's all I have to say.

19. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Ziad, BRILLIANT POST. You are completely right my brother. Look at those who are the 'champions of liberty' and look at their own society, they should fix their own problems before commenting on others. A country which engaged in wholesale slavery of black human beings, wiped off this map an entire race of human beings (native americans aka red indians), and continues to exploit the rest of humanity.

As for the idiot poster who said some particular country has 90% domestic abuse rate. Do you think we are idiots for you to pull out these numbers from unverified sources and for us to believe it? Get a life.

20. John99 Banned Banned

he must have felt safe enough to have his own t.v station.

21. Z7575 Registered Senior Member

Yeah my bro, some people blindly eaogh to see the truth, its not about any race or any religion !!
    its about human him self, but while western country full of ***** the just focus on some issues, i don't know but how many innocents killed for the honor of torah, the honor of israel !!!????
    or maybe we should not count !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. DiamondHearts Registered Senior Member

Or how much of our fellow brothers taken as slaves from Africa because of some white Americans and Europeans interpretation of their holy book or superiority complex, or belief in survival of the fittest. In the end its all about dominance. These vultures want to prey on the third world nations and keep us in shackles. They want us to feel humiliated in ourselves, so they can easily make us worship them as some superior human being.

We know there is only one God, and all human beings are created equal, as the Quran teaches. Those who oppress others will have something to fear on the day when villians shall be called to account for their crimes against humanity.

23. Bells Staff Member

Oh please. Stick a plug in it.

I never realised you were African or descendant from Africans or African slaves. Here I thought you were from Pakistan by the way your carried on

If you are going to have a rant about Europeans taking slaves, I'd suggest you keep in mind that your holy book has several mentions of the acceptability and conditions in which slaves could and should be kept. In short, slavery was well accepted and practiced in Islam in times gone by. So before you start getting all pious about "shackling" your "African brothers", keep in mind that Muslims also kept them shackled as well in the past. In fact, in some societies, it still exists.