Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Enterprise-D I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Registered Senior Member

Really! I have that game...who knew there was a simulator

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I thoroughly enjoyed that game...I almost always controlled the ship/crew myself when engaging in battle...it was no fun to let them go on autopilot. Fighting the Cardassian station was one of my better battles. I had screenshots somewhere...hmmmm

Pretty much what I was saying...face-to-face, exchanging shots phaser-for-turbolaser, a single GCS wouldn't be able to handle an ISD. But with the genius weaponry and battle strategy, one GCS is capable of defeating an ISD.

I cannot imagine an ISD being remotely capable of withstanding most of the power of the Warp core concentrated into one beam.

Which Dominion ship? The little purple ones? Or the big white battlecruisers?

I'd enjoy that...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

Yeah...go to BCfiles.com and it will show you modifications for the game Star Wars Battle Star Galactica and numerous other ships

As well as I once I got th hang of it.

Like the Defiant which could litteraly take down the ISD single handedly.

The ships present at the capture of DS9 The smaller battlship Dukat was commanding from.

I'll pump some out for next monday!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Im back!

Now, in the Voyager episode "Nightingale", a species with inferior technology than the Federation has an impenetrable planetary shield that enemies cant get through at all.

The Federation is usually at peace, so no planetary shield, but it wouldnt be hard to build one if they went to full scale war.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

The Empire + Vong cant be at the same time. The Sith/ Jedi are powerless... only a few, and they can be beamed into space. The mandalorians lost their power thousands of years BBY.

8. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Are you serious? Seen the undercity of Coruscant?

Think about it. Everyone has enough food. Everyone can go to school/college. Anyone can do ANYTHING. Holograms take care of most of the menial work. Nobody WOULD be unhappy...

9. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

No supernatural means no Jedi too, since the Force is just as natural as the Q.

10. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

ST isn't utopia, are you familier with Admiral Dourghty? Captain Ransom's crew? Section 31?!?

11. Criti Registered Member

It's far more utopian than the SW universe is. Yes, there are issues - but the general public isn't burdened by the illusion of happiness. The Federation stands well on its own - it isn't like Cardassia or Romulus, where the Obsidian Order and the Tal Shiar (respectively) removed people with any sort of negative opinion from the street and imprisoned them (or worse).

And Starfleet officers definitely don't have to live with the fear of being assassinated by their superiors should a mistake be made, nor do they kill the next guy in line to get a promotion - unlike the Kazon or the Klingon Empire (though, the Klingon method of assassination is far more ritualized than the Kazon one).

- Criti

12. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Hmmmm, well then there is the Terran Empire... But that's not the UFP...

13. Borsviek ****** Registered Senior Member

What the hell is the Terran empire? I'm so confused!:bawl:

14. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

In the/a mirror universe, the Federation is replaced by a tyrannical imperial goverment called the Terran Empire. Even more tyrannical than the Cardassian Order, Romulan Star Empire, or even the Klingon Empire.
    This is their symbol:

Terran Empire

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  15. Saquist Banned Banned

BAJOR'S SPECTRE

[/URL][/IMG]

SAN FRANSICO ON STATION

[/URL][/IMG]

EVACTUATION BAJOR

[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  16. Saquist Banned Banned

destroyers

[/URL][/IMG]

17. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

Cool pictures. From where?

18. OpteronGuy I just killed you Registered Senior Member

So.. I was part of this debate back when its page count was in the 30's... I can't believe that it is now 10 times larger and still going...

19. Saquist Banned Banned

This shots are from a Game done by activision called Bridge Commander.
    The Star Trek Community has been allowed to alter the program to add different textures and graphics aswell as ships and effects into the game.

I'm using the program to simulate Star Wars vs Star Trek engagements in order to see who has the upper hand.

I'll use the data in a story which I've named "Cataclysm".

I'll make more photos later with far more dynamic shots of some of the events I'd like to see in the story.

20. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

What did you put in for the Imp firepower? More or less?

I've seen parts of that game on youtube. More complete and realalistic that SFC III. I've seen that the Defiant screws on that game!

21. Saquist Banned Banned

Well the Galaxy class ship puts out 1,400 (get damage)In a strike over several seconds

As a result of watching DS9 I concluded that Defaints Fire should bee around 1,500 per cannon...giving Defiant 6,000 (Get Damage) per volley.

After watching sevearl encounters with ISD's...and the strike of Enterprise against the Borg cube...I used as a direct comparison...by the number.

The ISD's best anti fighter shots proved to be 6 to 8 time less than that of the Enterprise vaporizing shots against the First Borg Cube. Thus the ISD's anti fighter canon were giving a Get Damage per shot of 233.

My analysis of the 4 Heavy Turbo Laser implacements on either side of the super structure hasn't been complete. However, for now I've given them 900 (Get Damage)

And they are quite persistent and Powerfull taking out most ships it goes up against.
    Defiant however has more that enough power to drill through the 62000 (shield points) that Star Wars fans gave the ISD model in the begining.

This seems to be EXACTLY what we seem in the Films...And I'm shocked at how the ISD's preforms with these deceptively small numbers.

22. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

Hmmmm... You made it so it couldn't menauver right? That would make it more accurate. Cause on youtube I was watching some guy who modded Starfleet Command III, and added star destroyers and a larger star destroyer (not executor) but it was moving and menuevring like any other ST ship!

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Guys, remember... the Galaxy is an old ship. If you take it's refit OR the Galaxy-X class, you have a better ship. Better still, take the Defiant or the Sovereign. The Defiant could easily slag a Galaxy on it's own, and the Sovy is like a Defiant on super-crack. Just the raw phaser damage increase ALONE would shatter even a Galaxy-Refits chances... and the only thing that'd cut thru a Sovy's shields would be the Galaxy-X class's heavy-phaser cannon. Then again, it'd shred most anything put up against it- it IS powered directly from the warp core.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.