Is it possible to be asexual?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Coolies!, Sep 10, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Oh hell no!! Maybe when I was younger and didn't know what good sex was, butnow??? NO!!!

Is a person born asexual or made asexual? (maybe through child sexual abuse)

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Repo Man Valued Senior Member

What about all of the trouble and heartache that invariably accompanies the desire for sex/romantic love? As Perry Ferrell once said, "The ultimate irony of love is that it can only be used against you".

Having a girlfriend made me the happiest I've ever been. Though I think the act of sex itself is overrated, being close to a woman, being friends with her, and having her share your bed is not. Spooning up against a woman, running your hand down her side, feeling the taper of her waist, and the curve of her hip, combined with the velvet softness of her skin; or having her spoon up against you, and feeling her breasts press against your back. The smell of her, mixed with her shampoo and lingering perfume; all wonderful beyond words. And the misery of having her leave made all of that irrelevant.

I don't think sexual abuse could make someone truly asexual. I regard truly asexual as someone who has never had any interest in sex. Like the main character in Kurt Vonnegut's novel Deadeye Dick. Because he felt he should, he tried sex once, and couldn't understand what all of the fuss was about. He was a handsome man, so it was constantly an issue. But he had no interest in it.

I think sexual abuse can make someone choose to not have sex, or subvert their desire, but I don't think it can make it disappear entirely

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.