Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i have this pic on my PC
    i love it
    however since i never wached B5 i can't really estemate the relative power for all of the ships.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

Deaths stars on the next one... the huge ships.
    i posted a link to the complete set a few pages back

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i doubt they would rely on droids to pilot the ships. there are few droids in the movies. and clones are said to be better. still to operate a ship even the clones would need aditional time for training plus growth time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Ya, but Star Wars ships are bigger, they forgot to include the DS and DSII Tarkin station, and the Jedi Training ship.

8. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

ya, but there are thousands or even hundreds of thousands of cloning facilities.

9. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

i don't recall by they were 70-200km wide right?

10. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

no the DSII is 200 KM wide

11. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

still it always take time to grow them. and what's more imprtant to train them.

12. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

Flectarn, i dont care how many capital cities are there, but Coruscant is a planet capital. its a planet.

13. SkywalkerJedi アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) Registered Senior Member

ya, but they already have a bunch of troopes and pilots

14. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

nice chatting with you guys but i gotta go. it's saturday nigh

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

party time

15. antaran_1979 Registered Senior Member

those are in active service. the recruitment for the new ships is what i was refering to.

16. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Sorry, but I already posted the link and quote of him debunking that claim. EU is a seperate universe than his own.

Evidence has been provided three times for you now.

17. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

You mean the one with the large meter hole in it that a blind Klingon could hit?:bugeye:

Provide evidence that these exist. And no, EU, as I've proven, is not considered canon.

Good, now they just need to find it before the UFP prepares to defend itself. Besides, there is always a few starships nearby to defend Earth.

No it won't. The UFP isn't just made up of those two planets, although the loss of them could crippled the Federation.

And pray tell how they're going to do this when their strongest weapon is 81x weaker than a standard photon torpedo?:bugeye:

Actually, its like the United States, in that it is one big country. They are united however, and can leave when they want, but they are a country.

18. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

If by they, you mean the one that Jango chased Old Ben through, then yes.

19. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

well... not always... the not quite ready enterprise was the only thing that stood between earth and v'ger in the motion picture... which just seemed odd.

20. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

So sorry, but saying something doesn't make it true. Proving something with evidence is what is needed in order to confirm your claim.

Also, even if we were to say you were right, and it was 2x stronger than what I claimed...that's still only 212 megatons, far inferior to what the Enterprise D can toss out with just one volley from its forward torpedoe bay, which is still twice that level.

Furthermore, there is zero chance that even with a broadside volley, a target will take that much. Only 106 megatons will have a chance, and at least 25% of that will miss (much more in reality, but I'm being conservative here), so that's still only 79.5 Assuming only 75% of the photons hit, the Enterprise just dealt 245.7 megatons to the ISD's shield grid. Even if we assume that an ISD has shield output of four times their full volley, that would put them at 848 megatons worth of firepower they cna withstand. Meanwhile, the Federation ship is next to unharmed.

And really, a full volley would also consist of phaser fire, which I will try and look up soon.

But in any case, reality places the volley at 106 megatons, 53 of which only have a chance of hitting the Enterprise D, even with a broadside. At least 25% is going to miss, and that leaves only 39.75 megatons worth of firepower. Oh, wow, your full volley just did less than half of yield of a single torpedoe.

21. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Well, we're talking about a hundred years later.

In any case, if the UFP is at war with the Empire (as would be assumed that it would mutually have been declared), the UFP would station ships near earth, and they would also have orbital defenses.

22. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Yeah, because using the mary sue character who has Jedi powers is a realistic baseline for all the other normal and well developed characters.

Idiot.

23. Flectarn Unregistered User Registered Senior Member

realy the trek ship just has to keep it's self a thousand km away from the isd... it's still short range for the federation, but well beyond anything we've seen star wars fight at (whats the max like 10 km?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.