A challenge to Atheists! #2

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by garbonzo, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Aqueous Id flat Earth skeptic Valued Senior Member

I used to think wynn was an adaptive-interactive program. I now am 51% sure wynn is an actual person. One of my reasons for thinking this is, there seems to be a terminal node to every interaction, in which the programmed response is

If I was designing a pattern recognition system for textual interaction with forum posters, I can imagine a kernel level function call named WaitForEnlightenment. However, I can also imagine a text input procedure which, due to a glitch, accidentally reads its own internal name, producing the reply

It may also be that wynn is wanting to discuss the Enlightenment.

or... here's a crazy one... maybe wynn has a very selective form of selective aphasia, and is trying to utter: lighten up.

What ever is going on there, I suppose we are supposed to be kept in the dark. Get it? In the dark. Yeah, that's gotta be it. wynn's treating this like a gaming site. Create a mock conversation, establish an unreachable kind of reasoning, leaving the other party in the dark as to the nature of the game, and then at the peak of confusion, issue the enlightenment charge, then count how many times this happens until someone calls wynn's hand.

OK wynn, is that it? Do I get a prize? OK, I call.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. wynn ˙ Valued Senior Member

Who here believes themselves to be enlightened?

I don't, but there are several who do.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Balerion Banned Banned

Quite the contrary. It can easily sniff out a faux-intellectual twit's lame attempt to disguise masturbation as a cutting quip.

Of course, I don't need a radar of any sort to know that a quip as overused as the one you've employed here yet again is almost certainly one stolen by someone much dimmer than the person who originally used it. In other words, wynnie, call your Quip Guy and get yourself some new material.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Balerion Banned Banned

This could be why he/she/HAL has uttered some form of the phrase a dozen times over the last several days?

Could it be the same programmer behind the "Supernova from experimentation at Fermilab" bot? Paul W. Dixon, come on down!

8. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@wynn --

You do realize that if there is anything, regardless of how illogical it is, that god can't do then he is, by definition, not omnipotent. There may be a god(or multiple gods) and that god may be insanely powerful, but he can't be omnipotent.

9. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

I meant what are the blatant contradictions / false things in the Bible. What you said is mostly rehashings of what I said, and a lot of them can be explained by theists.

10. Arioch Valued Senior Member

You want contradictions in the bible? Well, you needn't look very far. Try looking in Exodus and finding out what evidence we have that more than three million(can't remember the exact number at the moment, but I know the bible says it was more than that) people could have even just crossed a desert(let alone spend forty years in one) without leaving so much as a single trace of their passage. Or you could ask why there were never large numbers of Hebrew slaves in Ancient Egypt, they always love that one(though the inevitable "the Egyptians didn't record losses" answer will come, but it will be horseshit as always).

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

At times I become enlightened about things that I before knew very little or nothing about. To then be able to grasp something that I've never understood for the first time gives me the feeling of that enlightenment. It doesn't happen often but when it does it is a very good feeling.

12. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

Thank God he got the Ban Hammer, he was getting on my nerves with his trolling.

13. Guru Registered Senior Member

Garbonzo

Why not ask him if God made all the reptilians and made them live for millions of years before any humans evolved ..why was this not mentioned in the bible ( Of course you can change the evolved to created) On our planet timeline the reptilian race needs more space than humans do - what was the purpose of creating that race and made them live for millions of years without war and voluntary destruction like we humans have to face.

14. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

I got a reply back from him and would like an answer to this first before I move onto anything else:

15. Amag Registered Member

Let me ask you: If god was real, why would he make us in his image? Humans are wasteful,violent and very imperfect, as is to be expected of things happened naturally. All he did was set himself up for a challenge, and if he did that, say, because he was bored, he does not truly love us. If he did, he would not have made every disaster happen, every crusade carried out. One can make the argument that he did it to make us savor perfection more, but if he was truly omnipotent, he would be able to find another way, like making us all happy via designing us to BE happy.

This may be flawed, I am very young and not quite experienced with religion, having only gone to church when dragged there by a relative or, on one occasion, left at a Christmas mast while My family was playing rock band somewhere else in the building.

16. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

They have ways around it. The religion I was in states that we were originally perfect and knew what was right and what was wrong (the fruit was just figurative), so we wouldn't kill etc. But it was because Adam sinned (because he had free will) that we became like that. God because of his righteous standards needed someone to fill in for Adams disobediance. He couldnt just restart the human race because the angels would question. This way it shows that god did not make a mistake with the human race, since there are still good humans. It really doesn't make sense, but they explain it like they know what they are talking about, so I used to just accept it, lol.

But I would really like a rebuttal to the above quotation in my previous post please!

17. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

I got a reply back from him and would like an answer to this first before I move onto anything else:

18. indianmath Rajesh Bhowmick Registered Senior Member

God

God, God is not a thing or any showpiece to discuss abt or argument-ed abt. It is the total inner & outer feeling of every living & non living thing ( In fact i don't care abt the fact that who believes in this fact abt feeling).Now here I am not talking abt any lord shiva or any prophet but I am talking abt the omnipotent, kind, mighty...etc god i.e. nature & nature is not limited upto the planet earth only but it is beyond universe & our imagination ( now I don't know how nature can't carry its own load). In every religious books u will find that every noble man or hero of that religious book has described nature as god. So the more u discuss or argue abt god or nature the more u get confused.:m:
    Let God bless everybody & every thing.

regards.

19. garbonzo Registered Senior Member

Then don't say its God, say it is nature. Please don't derail my thread!

20. indianmath Rajesh Bhowmick Registered Senior Member

Some say it is God some say it is nature.Bye

regards.

21. sifreak21 Valued Senior Member

ehh just MAYBE because theists point to this book 100% of the time as proof. yet when asked to verify that anything in that fairy tale actually happend they come up short 99.9% of the time

the .1 they do come up with is the places and a hole in a rock with a round door that could have easily been made after the fact.

atheist do not say NU UH GOD DOESNT EXSIST THIS BOOK THAT HAS ABSOLUTLY NO VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE THAT ANYTHING ACTUALLY HAPPENED SAYS SO

THAT my friend is why they dont have to prove the non exsistance of something/someone that there is no evidence to have ever exsisted

22. Arioch Valued Senior Member

@garbonzo --

Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That is a very Hindu conception. I say if everything and nature is God, let's stop using the word God because it comes with too much baggage and doesn't add anything important. There is just nature.