Why are women inferior?

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Xev, Feb 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

I think Xev meant that women aren't nearly as inclined as men to be productive. I think she said something like, "Women make up 51% of the population and yet comprise about 5% of the people who actually create something."
    Obviously men are physically stronger and are much more capable than women at doing work that is physically demanding. This cannot be denied. Still, many skill jobs require man strength. The strength issue is not insignificant.

The cognitive component isn't as obvious. It is generally thought that men are better at math and abstract thinking, where women are better at linguistics. It has also, up to this point, been believed by the scientific community that they are of equal intelligence. But now, studies are being published which find that men, on average have higher IQs than women--about 5 points higher. It doesn't sound like much, but the implications are rather huge. An extra 5 IQ points will enable you to perform more complex tasks, or even tasks of the same complexity as before, but with greater ease and efficiency.

Take into account that men are more physically and cognitively capable than women, it shouldn't be much of a surprise that women make .70 cents to the man's dollar. Not to mention, they work more hours than women, have longer careers (for which to take advantage of promotion opportunities), etc.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

They didn't have computers "back in the day" of women's suffrage, so there couldn't have been posts (except fence posts, or mail maybe), but if you are talking about women's equality we are still in the day.

And if you know the vernacular... then thursday is your answer.

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. cole grey Hi Valued Senior Member

few well-paying jobs require a man's strength. Your idea is an anachronism. The best paying jobs require linguistic skills. Which leads us to...

First of all, the studies I have heard about are showing better results for women "now" then they have in the past.
    Also, 5 iq points ain't shit. At that difference, you are basically talking about who tries harder, which leads us to...
    Exactly the difference. Men are often more career oriented. But in the end they miss out on ten years or so of life compared to women, so depending on what you consider "productiveness" they are often less productive. My grandmother was vacuuming the floor and cleaning at 80 years of age, and my grandfather had been dead for the last fifteen of them. While he was alive they owned a grocery store, and she did all the administrative work, while he did all the physical stuff - don't try to tell me he was more productive. They were both productive.
    And she had a child too.
    Now that we are no longer cavemen (some of us at least), and we don't have to fight bears for our meals, productiveness depends more on preference, and discrimination, than ability.

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. francois Schwat? Registered Senior Member

Plumbers and construction workers aren't well paid? What about electricians? What about car mechanics? What about...etc. All of these jobs are done more effectively with the facility of man strength.

Not well-paid? Well, that's news to me. It's not like most millionaires are plumbers and construction workers. (Hint: most are!). In fact, the most common vehicle driven by millionaires is the Ford F-150 pickup truck, because the people who made that money are skilled laborers who use those kinds of vehicles.

I'd like to see you tell Richard Lynn that 5 IQ points doesn't mean anything. He will tell you otherwise. A 5 IQ point advantage, ceteris paribus, is going to make for a more effective, quicker training worker.

Is it not?

http://www.rlynn.co.uk/

Last edited: Oct 12, 2006
  8. btchybtcha Registered Member

I just think that any man who thinks they are better than women must have a d*ck in their mouth or azz because why be with a woman if you think men are better!!~~

9. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

I'm not with anyone, because I'm better than everyone.

Read the posts before you answer...

10. vslayer Registered Senior Member

it does if you read back a bit, basically the question was posed; through what events did inequality between sexes come about in history, and what effect does this have today.

11. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Anyone who bleeds for 3-5 days each and every month, and doesn't die from it, can't possibly contribute very much to society.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

It is interesting, however, that women don't actually accomplish nearly as much as men in the modern world. I'd never thought about it much, but ..it's true. Of course there are exceptions, but....

The worst mistake that men made is granting women the right to vote! Fucked up everything, EVERYTHING!

Baron Max

12. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Do women vote differently than men...on average?

13. Carcano Valued Senior Member

What women accomplish tends to be more invisible because it takes place in the interior of society.

What men do is more externalized and prominent...like an enormous erection.

14. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Women do EVERYTHING differently than men. Hell, they even sit down to pee, for god's sake!

Baron Max

15. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Explain that to me, please.

Baron Max

16. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Apparently they do...at least according to this research:

http://www.fandm.edu/x3781.xml

"What is interesting is that these gender differences--now routinely observable in most elections--were not apparent until relatively modern times. In fact, in the patriarchal years before 1980, men and women largely voted for the same candidates and for similar reasons. Among married couples, this was especially prominent. If you knew the voting intentions of one spouse, you could predict with 90 percent accuracy the other spouse would vote the same way.

During the past two decades, however, the tendency of some women to vote more Democratic and some men to vote more Republican has become more pronounced. Reams of data have been collected to explain these trends.

For females, these data show that women are more liberal than men, generally show higher support for government safety net programs, feel more deeply about poverty programs, and are more likely to support affirmative action. Overall, women are more likely to support the role of big government in underpinning government solutions to societal problems. In John Grey’s terms, women are from Venus.

For males, similar data show that men are more conservative than women, generally are less supportive of government programs, more critical of social welfare policies, and less likely to approve affirmative action. Overall, men are less likely to approve the role of big government in underpinning government solutions to societal problems. In John Grey’s terms, men are from Mars.

The electoral consequence of these trends is important to both political parties--a large number of women now more readily identify with the Democratic Party (or Venus), while a large number of men have remained loyal to or identify with the Republican Party (or Mars)."

17. Carcano Valued Senior Member

Theres an oriental saying about how there is an interior and an exterior to society.

The interior world of the home, family life and child rearing...and the external world of technology, business and warfare.

18. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

You just don't notice how much women do. You really have no idea what women might contribute to society.

I bet when you were a kid your mother looked after you, cooked for you, cleaned the house, did the shopping, held the family together etc. etc. Probably you didn't think that was "accomplishing" anything significant. Probably you just took it all for granted.

Shook old dinosaurs like yourself out of their complacency, and made you start to think, which is what you really can't handle.

19. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

James, instead of trading insults, I thought it might be nice if you were to read the original post so you'd have at least a hint of what this thread is all about. I've copied it below so you don't have to go back and re-read it:

Seriously.

Why do women, 51 percent of the population, make up 5 percent (at most) of the individuals who actually create anything?

Don't tell me about the exceptions: I know about them, and don't say it was because women are an oppressed class: this might be true, but it begs the question. Why did women let themselves become "an oppressed class" if they did not in some way deserve to be one? The feminists of the 1900s met with much more resistance from women than they ever did from men: I don't deny that they were themselves exceptional, but the fact remains that the women of their time were hostile to the movement, which can only mean that the average woman of the 1900s knew that she was an inferior type of human and did not want her status to change.

This is simply because women are uncreative, afraid of conflict and skeptical of change. Obviously they would not have suffered such low status throughout the centuries if they had not deserved to.

So the question is why? Is it genetic? Is it learned? Is it metaphysical?

20. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

well, it seems you are on your way out again.

21. Creative Fossil Banned Banned

irrelevant really being as they can't keep me out. I'll be gone but when I feel like popping back I will.

I am not going to be a brown noser and will say what I feel, like it or lump it.

He's a hypocrite and I can't stand hypocrites.

22. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

yadayada. We heard it all the first time. Maybe you should consider not coming back all the time if this keeps happening to you. It might be structural (hint).

23. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

hippos are nice people.

peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.