Sciforums Fleet

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Thor, May 19, 2004.

1. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: That is why I asked him if he knew or not.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOG: No offense shogun, but the mobile suits really....arent helpful. The problem is that guerrilla warfare limits you to using manpower. Essentially, in order to fight a guerrilla war, you have to tie your arms together. I can't use mobile suits because they are just too big, even if I could camoflauge them, the enemy could simply track them on the return trip to the base. That's why I'm going with the nanosuits, they are man sized suits that can bring in some serious firepower in a moments notice and with temporary stealth and invisibility there is almost nothing they can't infiltrate. I would prefer if you could take them with you, because other than cannabalization for parts, I honestly cannot use them. Save them for the invasion. But out of curiosity, what are the "exo skeletons"?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: They are all going to die, that is the way I planned it, it have stealth capabilities as well. I am using the MS to engage the enemy ships and heavy armor. You are not using them, I am

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

OUT OF GAME: Guerilla means cheap and clandestine.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: Cheap part.....not necessarily, but clandestine, definitely. Minimal forces to cause maximum damage

I suggest we fight the guerrilla war after we loses the battle for earth, any thoughts?

9. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: What I mean is, that unless you use them right now, I cannot use them for guerrilla warfare, if you use them now, okay.

10. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: Wasn't that the plan? Or am I getting ahead of my self. Okay ignore what I just said. Im all in

11. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

no, actually the more expensive and higher quality the equipment the better. Actually, if you guys want to learn about guerrilla tactics play the game crysis that has the nanosuit, you figure out just how the idea of having small forces overwhelm large ones work. Chaos is your weapon, fear your tool, the gun is simply your execution weapon.

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

It is not, it is very good anti-armor and anti-ship.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

There are different types of guerrilla warfare, there is Special Operations, which usually use the very best equipment, and the Insurgents that uses cheap stuff because they can't afford the expensive gear.

14. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

If you want to learn about Guerilla warfare, play Freedom Fighters. It's a game about the Russians taking over America. You're a New Yorker fighting against them. Your base is in the sewers and you have very few members to help you fight. Oh, and you use what you find to fight. Similiar to the Viet-Cong of the Vietnam War.

15. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

"Sir, minor damage to the shields. Slight damage to weapons deck one, two, and five. The engines are being turned off we'll reroute the leftover power to the shields."

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: Play Command and Conqure: Red Alert III, it is a very good real time strategy game. If you want to learn to fight guerrilla as a commander, it is good, but it is all RTS, no first person controls, and don't use numbers if you want to learn to fight guerrilla wars, it is a bit futuristic though, but it is fun, I love to surgical bomb valuable targets and carpet bomb their army

( I use mainly Japan, but also Allies, I don't use Soviets very often ). I kinda use guerrilla warfare in Ace Combat ( can air combat be considered guerrilla warfare or it is just ground ), hide behind mountains....prolific use of radar jammers....and yeah

17. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

OUT OF GAME: Guerilla warfare is mainly land and sea. Land as in Rebels, sea as in Pirates.

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

"We lost signal from Alpha, Beta and Charlie Teams, heavy damage to Jupiter Squadron,"

"We lost signal from 6 gunships,"

"Moderate damage to decks 4-6,"

That was what was shouted in the command room of the Gawain carrier, the commander ordered,

"Regroup at Lagrange 2 of Earth, A formation,"

"Aye sir,"

Meanwhile at the Vichi Fleet,

"Sir, 2 scout ships lost, moderate damage to our fighters, 3 light frigates received light damage, our turrets ( ones that are in orbit around mars, not on the surface ) 3-6 are destroyed,"

The Xenturian commander said,

"Give us more time, the fortress will be online soon,"

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: Pirates....that is why the crews of all commercial ships should have shotguns or security teams. I am just wondering if stealth air combat could be classified as guerrilla warfare.

20. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Yah, but their not stealthy, agile, and the fact is they are too noisy and big. I need something that makes my force a ghost, I cannot hide a mech in any old jungle. I need infantry based weapon systems. The fact is that if i fight with mechs they will be destroyed, I am already outnumbered. I may use them in the recapture of earth but until than I cannot send them into combat.

21. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

"Hurry up with that thing."

*Boom*

"Heavy damageto the Forward stabilizer."

The Aggressor started listing downward.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: Excuse me about agile. Did you forget the Strike, Freedom, Aegis, Justice, Blitz, Buster, Dual, Savior .ect? Did you forget their awesome agility? I am not fighting in the jungle with mechs, I am fighting mostly their armor and ships, also in the dessert, cities and mountains. Black Hole tanks and walkers vs Mobile Suits

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

no, guerrilla warfare is just on the ground. It can be used against ships in port, but it is really just infantry and land based tactics