arabic classes in denmark

Discussion in 'World Events' started by orcot, Aug 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike47 Banned Banned

You are WRONG .
    You are misunderstanding my position .
    I do not talk for minorities or the Muslims . I see things as I see them depending from one issue to another . But from 9/11 untill now, the media, most politicians....and people have been bashing Muslims like nuts . You can not kill Muslims in Iraq and Afghanistan like mosquitoes and then come and talk non sense about justice, freedom, liberty and all the good values around noble and decent folks .

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Education is the answer in terms of integrating new immigrants over time. Its important that in a diverse society that there are common national goals and a sense of national identity and this cannot happen without integration. If you look at irish americans or any of the hyphenated groups they really have little in common with what they assert they are, at the end of the day they are american through and through.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No.

In the first place, the "they" is bigotry.

In the second, it's how you might draw that cartoon of Mohammad to make that point.

It's like those Joker cartoons of Obama - they aren't likenesses. A turban makes a good bomb, is all. You'll see plenty of Danish cartoons of Mohammed wearing the more Arab looking stuff - and then sitting on a camel, or something like that.
    I doubt that very much. But good luck to them - I don't think I've ever seen that kind of insularity produce greater mutual understanding, but there's always a first time.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats what you believe. However, I have seen that association with Arabs tends to change their image in westerners. And learning a new language is good for any society. It helps them to think in new ways/

8. mike47 Banned Banned

Integration in what sense ?.
    Do they expect them to change their religion and their customs ?.
    Of course not .
    Education is necessary but not to kill my culture and nourish yours .

9. Enmos Valued Senior Member

But then the immigrants can't bitch about the western country they moved into anymore..

10. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

This will not change the attitude of immigrants who refuse to integrate and accept the host nation's culture and ways. It only means Danes will have another language to the other three they already learn in school, a plus for the Danes but as I said its still up to the immigrants and not the host nation to make changes.

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

And the Danish can understand the people in the countries they invade.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

12. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

When will some of these immigrants try and learn the language of the nation they are living in I wonder?

13. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Maybe they won't and you'll have a bilingual nation, like Hispanic groups have created in the US.

Thats how languages and cultures survive and change.

14. mike47 Banned Banned

When Immigrants move to another country and make it a permanent home they become citizens of that country . So the government and its people should look at them as their owns and try to help them solve their problems . In multiculturalism societies millions of dollars are spent to help nurture the new citizens .

15. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

No the Danes have already changed their ways in terms of immigrants who are a nuisance. Those who cannot integrate will simply have to leave and I think this is a good thing. What good would come from having people who mirror your bigoted ethnocentric attitude? None whatsoever as they can only bring division and animosity.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Thats one way of looking at it. Another is that freedom of expression should be extended to people who wish to retain their culture and langguage. Its how Jews lived in India for 2000 years. Extending this kind of freedom generally encourages assimilation better than being aggressive against it.

17. mike47 Banned Banned

Do NOT expect immigrants to throw their religion, culture.....etc just to please you.

18. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Denmark isn't India. As far as the new rules are concerned it will take a long time before citizen is granted and they will have to integrate into Danish society in terms of language and understanding the values and lifestyle if they want to become Danish citizens.

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Danish society is not learning a new language, here. The question is whether the immigrants will use this situation to delay or deflect their own changes, and isolate themselves from Danish society. That's how it seems to work in other places - the English language schools in various countries, for visiting diplomats and executives, for example.

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If they don't like it, they will fight or move. Or assimilate. But I am glad the Danes are taking an initiative to assimilate.

I'd say Danish society has an opportunity to learn a new language here
    Its how I learned French.

21. Mrs.Lucysnow Valued Senior Member

Oh I get it, a few people come over with their chickens and its the Danes who have o assimilate towards them. It is this attitude that has brought the nationalist party into parliament in Denmark, congratulations.

What was it in that cartoon and the ticking time bomb?

22. mike47 Banned Banned

The Jews are a huge success when it comes to keeping their language, religion, culture and unity .

23. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Assimilate? Looks more like acceptance of fragmentation and permanent "foreigner" status for the Arabic speakers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.