Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

it's not that simple. Nobody can have perfect control of a situation. There are always casualties on both sides.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

you're forgetting that the Borg are not really doing any leg work. There's a reason they are called 'drones'. The drones do the leg work of the collective. So killing drones won't defeat them, it'll just delay the inevitable.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. George1 Registered Senior Member

well that's the idea: inflict casualties,and if possible take take over the ship!!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. George1 Registered Senior Member

not really!
    a Cube is it's own mind,in a way, but it's main objective is to assimilate!
    destroying the drones will cut of they'll assimilation force!

8. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

you're ignoring what I'm saying. I said 'both sides' ....... :bugeye:

9. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

no you're missing the point. The collective is not just one ship or just drones....that's why it's called the 'collective' :itold: there is no 'center' to the collective. It's kind of like Section 31. They don't have headquarters, they don't have any one area in which they collect information.... And besides the collective is all over the galaxy. And if they had trans-warp conduit hubs in the Delta quadrant so they can travel anywere in the galaxy, they can do it again. You can't just think "cut off the head of the snake, and you kill the beast". It doesn't work that way.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  10. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The only thing that makes fighting the borg slightly difficult is that you can't bribe a borg, interrogate a borg, blackmail a borg or plant an agent in the borg. Special Forces can't hit targets that they haven't identified. But Military Intelligence and Special Operations can spend time gathering intel from species that have came into contact with the borg and study its movements to try to identify the queen. Meanwhile the fleet can cut down the Borg's fighting force. Its true in MOST cases there are casualties on both sides, but droids doesn't really matter to them, they can build droids faster than the borg can assimilate. They can also use their troops, the borg can't assimilate them because they will be wearing armor.

11. George1 Registered Senior Member

no i am not.... i was just saying that the borg are the invaders!

12. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

They can destroy all its trans-warp hubs, stranding the borg at one location then blasting the crap out of them with superweapons.

13. George1 Registered Senior Member

Maybe you can! you can make a full assault on as many borg as possible!
    giving the Hyper drive superior speed,and the fact that the borg need to build
    transwarp hubs before in order to propel travel across the galaxy, it would be
    quite easy for the Empire!
    without pan-galactic communication,they will be unable to react!

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Plus, if it is Borg vs Empire then chances are it is in Milky Way ( the Empire can buy maps from a lot of people or ask the "all helpful" Federation nicely ). There are pluses and minuses. The plus is no worry for collateral damage, the minus is the Empire have to destroy then transwarp hubs.

15. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

One, the Borg can communicate across vast distances.
    Two, the Borg can also create technology that enables them to also go back in time. Ergo, they can create anything that suits their need for specific occasions.
    Three, the Borg built the trans-warp hubs for the Borg in the Delta quadrant.
    And four, the Borg ships continuously make upgrades to their ships in accordance to how they were attacked. You keep forgetting they are a collective.

Buuuuut, the Replicators are the only unstoppable force in any universe

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

So there! :blbl:

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

A Blitzkrieg attack will end the fight fast. I finished Imperial Commandos: 501st for the second time. The Mandalorians wiped out a intergalactic sentient species just to prove they could and wrecked countless other worlds, and that was in the era of the Mandalorian Empire which is a few THOUSAND years before the Empire.

17. George1 Registered Senior Member

but not pan-galactic! weakens
    time travel ?haha,that only takes you to another version
    of you'll universe,he universe you leave dose not change!
    [
    and...?
    [
    i did not forget about they'll collective mind.
    the borg cubes need time to adapt,information about the attackers,which
    you can restrict them from by fast and effective attacks!
    no stargate in a Star Wars vs Star Trek thread!
    and THEY WERE STOOPED!

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I almost forgot to mention the force. They can just smash the cubes together and K.O., and they can mind rape the borg to get information. Among many other uses.

19. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

nope the Borg have been known to built massive tranceivers :thumbsup:

no matter how fast anybody attacks, they will still be able to collect tactical data and pass it on. The speed of the attacks is dependent on the speed of INDIVIDUALS in whatever organic species is using the controls. And besides there is always human error (or any other organic...). The Borg don't make mistakes. Their "weakness" lies in sometimes being too pacifistic with intruders. I guess that could be called 'ego' if that had one.

the Borg use the collective to control the technology

(The first time was with the Dakara Superweapon, and then again in "Ark of Truth." So as long as the plans exist to create more replicators using Asgard technology, they, technically, can still be considered a threat

)

20. George1 Registered Senior Member

:bugeye:no, as long as you overwhelm them,they will be defeated!
    the empire can build a death star in less than 5 years,so making a fleet
    to outmatch the borg 3 to 1 would be easy!
    [/QUOTE]
    no,i meant that they were defeated,not that they are no longer a threat!

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Its funny how the Borg are morons at military strategy, just send brilliant commaders like Piett, Thrawn, Pellaeon and many others under the direct command of Lord Vader. Let me remind you the Borg are like vegetables that can walk and kill.

22. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

5 YEARS?!?! lol the Borg could assimilate entire worlds in a matter of days and ships in a matter of hours ....5 years is a joke.

(aaaaaaah but therein lays the rub

biiiiiig difference between the two. The point is that they CAN still be a threat )

23. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

going to sleep.....I'll be baaaack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.