The Show Your Paintings/Drawings/Images Thread

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Fafnir665, Aug 15, 2003.

1. Kadark Banned Banned

Post Your Artwork

Here is a picture of Ice Cube that I drew about two or three years ago. It's HEAVILY damaged, mostly because it has been sitting in the bottom of my closet for quite a long time. Please ignore the damage.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Here is the actual image I was aiming for:

And here is a fun drawing I did of Kratos in class a year or two ago. It only took about half an hour to draw; coloured it in when I got home. I didn't bother doing a background.

So, what do you think? Post your own art as well, please.

NOTE: If this is in the wrong forum, would a moderator please move it? Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

very artistic

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kadark Banned Banned

Thanks.

I haven't drawn in about a full year, though. I've been preoccupied with so many other things.

You seem like the artistic type, draqon - surely you have some pictures to post?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. draqon Banned Banned

I do Kadark, in a while

8. draqon Banned Banned

Drew it a month ago while riding on a bus...

9. Kadark Banned Banned

Nice!

I especially like the vegetation at the bottom half. The insect looks cool, too. How did you get the blue colour on there?

10. draqon Banned Banned

imposed it on "paint" using the white space function

11. Kadark Banned Banned

That's a good idea. I actually never thought of that.

12. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i dont know a lot about art, but i cannot figure out why that picture is art!

13. Jozen-Bo The Wheel Spinning King!!! Registered Senior Member

Sweet!!!!

I wish I had my collection with me!!!

I will had to prepare something for this thread!!

14. Kadark Banned Banned

Great. Can't wait to see them. I'll probably scan some more things on here later. BTW, do you have any formal training in art, or is it just a pastime?

15. draqon Banned Banned

hey Jozen-Bo, were is your art collection? heavily anticipated here...

16. Sciencelovah Registered Senior Member

Here is my attempt to depict Izaku, a character in Japanese manga Kanata Kara.

it supposed to be like this

17. draqon Banned Banned

ah...the romanticism...

18. Reiku Banned Banned

My goodness, that's brill.

19. Ripley Valued Senior Member

Sorry I deleted my previous reply—I was going through a thing.

Anyway, I reposted the image while taking advantage of an opportunity to modify it. The changes I made wouldn't be of much interest unless you understood where the text came from. I simply swiped the font for the original font in which the text was written—officially part of a real 4-page letter I wrote.

In my last reply I spoke of a process and of a personal approach. I thought that perhaps you might have picked-up on the process—it's like, one notices much activity going on, it's busy, a dark game, a rigidity that would also reflect my absolute resolve... The final word that stands out clearly at the end, including the question mark, is both a clue for deciphering the text and the text itself in a nutshell.

Basically, all art worth viewing is presentably a personal approach and a process—that's why an excellent fraud painting is never worth much except for its craftsmanship.

This piece is part of a process in my life that I'm still dealing with.

Thanks, LA, for inquiring.

edit: and no—I'm not expecting the text to be read properly! That's the whole point of the piece: something is going on.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  20. draqon Banned Banned

Station: Jupiter

21. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

I did read it, though. And I can't say that having read the actual text conflicts with "that which is going on" in the poem.

Words are not the same or similar as, say, the chemical composition of colors on a canvas painting; that is, reading the words in a poem like yours is not the same or similar as figuring out the chemical composition of colors on a canvas painting. At least I think it is not.

Do you think the message of your poem could still be delivered properly, even if the poem contained only random words or letters, or if it contained only a few actual words, the rest being a jumble?

22. Ripley Valued Senior Member

"Something's going on" is the assumption for the piece's initial reception. Normally, as you know, the first glance is the most consumed and unbiased moment that swallows everything at once—spirit, body, tempo, subliminal psychology, idiosyncrasy, etc.

So since the initial impression is the point of departure, it shouldn't matter whether it's charcoal or acrylics, stone or text. Hence, at first glance, the piece is all about commotion, yet not; ambiguity and unsettlement, yet complacent and well-behaved. Reading the text at this point is not what I want or expect—as Lucifer's Angel did when she quizzed herself about it. Hence the reason why I posted this in the pictures' thread instead of the poems' thread.

Yeah, that'd be cool (you're giving me ideas to munch over)—except that I would have to be in a very different head-space to deliver such a cooperative literature. As it was, I sat on the idea for well over a week before I could muster the courage and good conscience to use a text that originated from the final stage of a very personal and important stage in my life, and fresh out of the oven too. I remember not wanting to desecrate the text by exposing it too blatantly, or to use just half of that particular paragraph: it had to be all or nothing. But I don't consider this to be poetry, nor fiction, but just plain expressionism with some pop thrown in: it serves to ritualize and vouch for—and help exorcise—a very weird relationship (oops, another clue).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2008
  23. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

One thing that always intrigued -and troubled- me about art of any kind is that much art seems to be a kind of poking into wounds in public. Not necessarily sado-masochistic, but more as if the audience of art works would be some kind of an oracle or river that one goes to with one's troubles, in a very delicate and demanding moment, throws those troubles in, and then watches them get carried away or turned into nothing or into some symbolic thing. As if the artist's catharsis would be in presenting his work to a public.
    - Perhaps this is why I have so much com-passion with artists, too much probably, and the catharsis is not mine, hence my deep disappointment with art.