Help! I am scared stiff

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by Clarentavious, Sep 23, 2002.

1. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Energy isn't the same thing as consciousness. When you die, your energy is in the form of heat, and chemical potential energy. When your body decomposes, that energy goes back into the environment. I can totally discount the existence of spirits until someone proves otherwise.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. keith1 Guest

"Based on the content and quality of the empirical data", the only allowable objects within a space-time matrix field would be planck-size, of quark-like composition and dynamics, such dynamics being presentable anywhere along that matrix, and not exclusive of the Wyricks house in Georgia, or other isolated ritual holy or burial site.
    Realizing such "content limitations" can give one a satisfying rest through any long windy, creaking, sleep interval.
    Chances are greatest that there is nothing "weird" happening at the Wyricks that a dietary change (including less lead-based wallpaint and mold spores), and an occasional enema, would not remedy.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. member 1492 Registered Member

Quantum Immortality

If you are a total materialist and you only believe in hard-core material reality, then you must take into consideration the fact that many physicists say that hard-core material reality cannot be the true picture. That picture is fraught with errors, experimental errors which show that picture can't be true. Modern science understands so little about consciousness that one cannot really refute claims about consciousness with absolute certainty.

What evidence rules out a reality beyond ours of which the soul might be a part? I agree no verifiable evidence suggests it, but are there not other phenomena that are not verifiable, or at least not yet verifiable?

The equation for electrons is presented as evidence against the soul since it does not include terms for a soul, and experiments performed are consistent with the equation. But digging deeper, we need other particles to exist, particles we do not have direct evidence for, or our standard model does not work.

In fact, current scientific theories being developed such as string theory describe multiple dimensions or multiple possible universes. String theory is a very powerful set of ideas with deep connections to almost all of theoretical particle physics. Concepts such as these do not prove the existence of an afterlife, but they do open the door for a rational person to accept the concept of invoking an unseen concept to explain the observed phenomena of our world.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Neverfly Banned Banned

8. Neverfly Banned Banned

Claims of things that cannot be verified are usually unverifiable because the claims are false- not because of the gobbledygook you just wrote.

9. member 1492 Registered Member

TV Shows

The following is a list of paranormal shows in which people communicate with the dead:

1) Ghost Hunters - syfy channel

2) The Dead Files - travel channel

3) Long Island Medium - tlc channel

4) Ghost Adventures - travel channel

5) I Survived...Beyond and Back - biography channel

6) Psychic Kids: Paranormal Children - a&e channel

I believe in life after death, but I don't think in most cases there is anything to fear.

Last edited: May 21, 2012
  10. Neverfly Banned Banned

Ok, so a fool and his money are soon parting. What's your point? That sensationalist shows pander to ratings?
    None of this supports your beliefs in any way whatsoever.

Do you have any evidence to support that belief?
    If you do not, that is fine. After-all, what good is "faith" if it is well supported by independently verifiable evidence?

However, if you are going to PROMOTE a belief, then you bear the burden to provide verifiable, solid evidence that it's worth promotion.

11. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

Well I've seen 2 strange things happen. A coin (a quarter) hover up from a stand an flip, land in mid air, an then hover back to the spot near where it was. An a picture on a wall hung for like 5 years all of a sudden fall. An land face up. Now in both cases some one was there, with me.
    One saw the quarter the other heard the picture. Neither was able to be caught on tape. But they happened. Are there ghosts I don't know. it was a strange occurrence. An strange occurrences happen. For sure. Thought I'd post this.

12. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Once I saw this really ugly girl...

But, I downed a bottle of bourbon, and I looked at her again...

And she looked different...She looked hot...

It must have been the spirit world intervening.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Yeah...

13. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

A coyote ugly. Most guys have one of them. But some girls do too.
    The spirits seem to help the less fortunate once in a while.

14. Gremmie "Happiness is a warm gun" Valued Senior Member

Amen.:worship:

15. Diode-Man Awesome User Title Registered Senior Member

The Blair Witch project is EVIDENCE....

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

XD

16. Neverfly Banned Banned

I really wonder why atheists never see these things...

17. Stryder Keeper of "good" ideas. Valued Senior Member

Who says they don't, a couple of atheists using clandestine equipment could possible reproduce such phenomena at of course the expense of a theists credibility. (The distance ghostly sound of laughter as the atheists chortle at the theists misunderstanding could be heard...)

18. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

SO how you feeling ...better!

19. R1D2 many leagues under the sea. Valued Senior Member

I take it nothing yet?
    Keep us informed

20. keith1 Guest

I'm reverse-forming here:
    One has a very limited window of observation when discussing the planck realm (that environment the "purported soul" would emanate "into" and "out of" the world).

"Into"--Female womb/uterus

"Out of"--Planck realm dissipate area

My further interest will focus on the "Into" portion of this "thought experiment"

Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2012