Anti-Bush Music

Discussion in 'Art & Culture' started by Thor, May 11, 2004.

1. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

After some casual browsing of my music collection I have discovered a number of anti-bush songs...basically songs written about bush, against bush.

So, what anti-bush songs do you know?

I'll start us off.

Pretty much the whole WWIII album by KMFDM (The WWIII song has George Bush soundbites)

Brides of Destruction - STFU

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Beck's "Loser" was a definite swipe at Bush Sr. with direct samples of his "winner" speech.
    Incubus has been pretty coy with "Meglomaniac". It's good..I think they approached it in the best way possible- vague with heavy symbolism.
    System of the Down- they did a video that got buried on Mtv and the ultra cowboy politics of the day..I cant even think of the name of the song.
    It was a joint effort with Michael Moore..

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SwedishFish Conspirator Registered Senior Member

i don't think there's a punk band currently writing that doesn't have at least a few anti-bush songs. against all authority could put out a new album with their collection of bush bashing songs.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Xev Registered Senior Member

I believe Ministry (heil Jourgenson!) has a song called "No W" on their upcoming album.
    http://www.ministrymusic.org/news/

But Vision Thing by the Sisters of Mercy has to be my favorite, although it's about the elder.

8. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

9. Thor "Pfft, Rebel scum!" Valued Senior Member

Ah Ministry...I must hear that song. Thanks Xev!

And Jaded, those are some good examples...only heard two but I shall 'aquire' them.

Johnny, Megalomaniac is a good one too....if only lyrically.

10. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

Yeah, I was never a Incubus fan until i saw that video.

11. gitarman338 Left out the "u" on purpose... Registered Senior Member

§ NOFX- Idiot Son of an Asshole

Very mature...

I shudder to think what would happen if these guys determined who sat in the White House. Thank God for Bush!

12. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

I think some damage control has been going on. Kazaa returns many results for "Megalomaniac" but so far, most are seemingly censored in the body. Play them and get some weird sounds or silence.

Wish I could find the video.

13. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

We shouldnt forget the Dixie Chicks..they have got more balls than any of the above mentioned.
    I hope that one day when Toby Keith is driving around in his latest Ford gas sucker, someone takes him out with a scud missle in the name of Allah.

14. otheadp Banned Banned

Beastie Boys have an anti-war song
    but it's so lame
    it's direct and has no imagery or abstract lyrics

it's like a politics lecture in rap
    probably their worst song ever

15. jadedflower observer Valued Senior Member

gitarman, I'd pay attention to you, but you can's spell Guitar.

16. Mr. Chips Banned Banned

At the top of this article, http://www.thebuzzardjustrocks.com/...6&pagecontent=musicfeaturerockmain&feed_id=54 are streaming media links to see the video "Boom!" a joint effort of Incubus, System of a Down crew and Michael Moore. I found that the Windows media links didn't work but that the Real Media one did. Megalomaniac is cool. Of all the megalomaniacs pictured in that video, Bush was only shown once which is enough. Cool stuff, thanks for the suggestions.

17. StarOfEight A Man of Taste and Decency Registered Senior Member

Pearl Jam had a spoken word thing on their last album, "Bushleaguer," that referred to the Commander in Chief as being "born on third, thinking he hit a triple."

18. daydream_believer Et in Arcadia Ego Registered Senior Member

Hmm...I think Matthew Good counts...
    He himslef is very anti-bush and, although he doesn't actually say "bush", they're obviously about him. Matthew Good rules...I'd marry him if he was 16, blond, sexy and female. *smiles*

19. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Isn't it great that Americans can make songs that can character assisinate someone while many other countries can't? It seems remarkable that if anyone in say Iraq would poke fun at any of its leaders they would be executed.

Funny how freedom is taken for granted in America but others can't have that same value. I have not heard any of these groups songs and probably never will because I don't enjoy punk, rap or hip hop. That's my freedom to not listen to what I think is garbage.

I support the troops in Iraq and only hope for their safety and prompt return home. Who put them there, Congress not Bush, should be sung about for if Congress would have rejected Bush's war plan then we wouldn't be in Iraq today. Congress is made up of Democrats as well as Republicans so lets here some protest songs against Kerry for he voted to go to war with Iraq.

20. Johnny Bravo Registered Senior Member

God, I'm embarassed for you..
    You do know about the WMD lies and all the other bullshit that Bush and the VP used to sway the Congress to vote for the war. Fudging intelligence reports..

21. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Then Kerry must be a lot less intelligent than Bush if Bush can "con" him into suppporting a war Kerry doesn't think just. I would have doubts more about Kerry because he keeps changing his mind about what the "right" thing to do is.

So where are the "anti" Kerry songs at if Kerry is such a dunce as to be persuaded by Bush to allow the war to continue. I'd have to side more with Bush because at least he doesn't keep himself in a state of flux as Kerry does.

22. gitarman338 Left out the "u" on purpose... Registered Senior Member

>>gitarman, I'd pay attention to you, but you can's spell Guitar.

Don't be stupid. That's just my shtick. It's the same concept as the Krazy Kat cartoons. You think they couldn't spell "crazy" or "cat?" Obviously they could, it was just a gimmick.

23. gitarman338 Left out the "u" on purpose... Registered Senior Member

>>I hope that one day when Toby Keith is driving around in his latest Ford gas sucker, someone takes him out with a scud missle in the name of Allah.

Not funny in the least. I am asking you now, as a civilized person, please don't EVER make a joke like that again. That's just an unbelievably disgusting thing to say and I can't understand how anyone who has a soul at all could say such a thing. Uchh...

>>You do know about the WMD lies and all the other bullshit that Bush and the VP used to sway the Congress to vote for the war. Fudging intelligence reports..

Making up facts are we?...