Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Tis not a matter of being all knowing or all powerful- simply put Q > Jedi/Sith. Now imagine what a Q of a high order (the Q Continuum Council for example) could do... if you're standard runofthemill bad boy Q can do all that, what could a Q of leadership do?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

Theres no doubt in my mind...having seen 200 or more hours of Trek that the Q are far more powerful than anything in the Star Wars Galaxy. Any story involving the Q directly would have the label of "short story"

However I'm sure a creative individual could develop an incredible story invovling the Q at length, unlike the Star Wars vs Star Trek: Conquest feature on Star Destroyer.net.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The sad part is, many people on StarDestroyer.net even feel ST would kick SW's ass... it's a majority vs the minority, except the minority (like in the USA) is louder so they get heard.

In this case, the minority is the Rabid Warsies.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

Well Scott is the perfect example.
    He's been train by the denizens of ignorance to engage in plausible deniablity against telling the truth.

8. USS Exeter unamerican american Registered Senior Member

Explain this please. I thought that the primary engines used were no more than rotating electromagnetic turbines exceleratining ionized thrust into space. I don't see their potential for FTL travel. Please also explain how the peice of chiseled metal called the hyperdrive core would have any properties of creating "extra dimentions."

9. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Oh, I know very well has no place to run to, but if he's going to then go on and make silly claims, then I would like answers to my posts that counter his claims. So, if he fails to respond, his claims will be void.

10. USS Athens Very Special Senior Member Valued Senior Member

He obviously has been proven wrong by Exeter's posts since he never responds to them.

11. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You must be joking. Warp engines as described in Star trek are a joke scientifically. Not that Hyperspace is any better. The point is for this discussion they both work.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Oh, I get it now, you can't count. I had no idea. You hide your disability quite well.

13. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Ah the lying continues. I say don't discount Jedi as they have proven to be willing to enter the fray. Q have scrupulously avoided every conflict, no matter how small.

Besides 12 jedi Padawan of Luke's worked together to fling a fleet of star destroyers more than a light month despite not being able to see them.

Luke created matter not once but twice by sheer force of will. Not time manipulation or teleporting but actually created matter out of the Force.

What i want you to prove is that Q would get involved. So far we have a list of proofs that Q would not even bother. The SW invasion would be no different than the Dominion war as far as Q is concerned. Except in this case it would not go well for the Alpha quadrant at all.

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hyperspace is a dimension where einsteinian physics do not exist. In other words your mass stays constant as you accelerate closer to the speed of light.

Besides suspension of disbelief means we take it at face value. SW has incredibly fast, reliable and cheap FTL that allows them to cross a galaxy 50% larger than ours in hours. Just the way it works.

15. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Wow, talk about beating the meat. There is no way that Jedi can perform those tricks, as we see that not even Jedi Masters can do that. I'm afraid that this is non-canon.

16. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Have you even read any of the SW books?

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually it is hard to find those posts in amongst the drivel the rest of you post. Even then his points are usually flawed. We are not trying to reconcile genre with reality, we are arguing that if there was a full out war, which side would win.

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

It's in the books and the one set of canon comics. Suck it up.

BTW Sidious was not the first Sith infatuated with super weapons

An Ancient unnamed Sith created the Staff of Darkness a combination focal point for the Darkside and Spatial rip. It is intelligent and desires to devour the universe.

19. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Comic books? You're using comic books?:bugeye:

Wow, you give desperate a whole new meaning. No idiot would possibly use the wanked out crap in comics unless they where truly that sad.

And no, I really don't have to. It goes against the power we see in G-level canon. There has never been any example of a Jedi Master being able to perform such things, not even the entire Jedi Council could do that. The most Yoda could do is slowly lift a sunk fighter and you expect me to believe that 12 padawans can fuck over something much larger? What in the name of Yahweh are you on?!:m:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2007
  20. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Nope.

21. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Its sad that some1 who has never even opend a sw book knows more than a true fan does.:bugeye:

22. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Hey, I like Star Wars, and I even play Battlefront 2. However, all it takes is clear logic and reason. If I truly wanted, I could do what he does to Star Trek and it beat the pants off both the Empire and 40k with just the UFP. Anyone can do that by cherry picking their canon.

I doubt I'm as big of a fan of SW as he is however.

23. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

People like hellblade9 believe they know more than everyone. If George himself came on and said that Kai Al Mundi could fling a Star Destroyer into a moon, Hellblade8 would argue with him.

As for his comic comment. George approved it and declared it in the EU canon, therefore it is canon. Which covers Cade bringing back the recently dead.

The other feats I described are in novels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.