Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Yes, you did say it. A "replicator" is a machine capable of making exact copies of itself. In Star Trek, a Replicator lays down atom by atom a desired object.

Your "replicators" are simple machines that make a part to an end... we do that today.

So, by your logic, I am a replicator. A machine that makes wheels is a replicator. The list goes on.

Your logic is flawed. Be careful - bad logic is a bad habit and hard to break.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So being a writer is a pathetic job? I think I'll just go tell your boy Lucas you think so... let him see what his fans really think of him.

And George Lucas wrote that Christmas Spectacular, and it was actually classified as G-Canon last I read (though Star Wars canon changes every minute... they just can't make up their minds can they)

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ricrery Banned Banned

I love you ignore that George Lucas himself stated what happened in a novel has continuity in the movies. EU = canon Trekkers = Wrong and I = Inquisitor

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

George, just stop trying, ok?

I have studied this before. I have done research on this subject. I even did a 20 page term paper on ST vs SW comparing their "future projections for humanity" (which I got a 99% on thank you very much). Simply put, I know the important stuff about both sides inside and out.

You need to stop, get up from the computer, and walk outside and get some light from that big orange ball in the sky. Go out and have relationships - stop trying to argue fanatical issues about two shows that don't even exist yet.

If you do, you'll look back and thank me later.

8. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Uhm, what's your point?

And the statement was that it EXPLAINS events that happened between the movies, until the point at which they contradict them.

Later, he states the Novels + EU are their own parallel "Star Wars", not to be confused with his works.

SO, yeah, he really cares about the EU, doesn't he...

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Anyway, I spent more than enough time today arguing this topic. Unlike some people here *cough*kids*cough* I have a job I need sleep for, a wife that loves me, and a house that needs cleaning.

10. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

here's a little light reading

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Takei
    I actual saw a few things that I never new about him (stuff after original Star Trek). Enjoy.

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Aw damn, his parents names give it away... I didn't even think of that, lol!

Ice Palace and Roden? Really? Huh, never knew that... awesome! I knew he was in Green Berets and Twilight Zone, but I didn't know he was in a Mission Impossible... sweet! Good for him

EDIT- Rofl, he was a voice actor for Star Wars: The Clone Wars... nice!

12. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

too late. Warsies just made a film where they continually bash George Lucas. Talk about delusional hypocritical behavior. yeesh :bugeye:

13. ricrery Banned Banned

EU is "Expanded Universe" not "SU" or "Secondary Universe", it is still canon, considering in fights, everyone except Trekkers (you) concede that EU can be used. Besides, did we ever state we were using movies? No! We're using the entirety of Star Wars.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Hey, it isn't MY call mate. YOUR creator said it. As it's HIS baby, I think HIS WORD is final.

Dont' like it? Call George Lucas and complain, don't cry to me about it just because your fanboi wank is inadmissible as real Star Wars.

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

@Apocalypse2001 - I didn't realize Takai was married... good for him! He even had Checkov and Uhura there as best man and matron of honor... that's awesome! I hope things work out for him and his husband - he's done so much for humanitarian rights that he deserves a nice break!

16. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Now, if you will all excuse me - real life is calling, and if I don't finish organizing the bedroom, my wife is going to withhold sex as punishment *whimpers* lol!

17. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

LMAO....pay the children to do it. And then pretend you worked your ass off to get a bit of simpathy

18. ricrery Banned Banned

"Rolls eyes" he never said it was non canon you fool! He stated it was parallel to his own and it isn't stated that this is movie Star Wars vs Star Trek, is it? So, I can use EU with ease, and you can't stop me, and no one will stop me:jason:

19. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

It produced super awesome lasers

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

What the hell was that? I love Star Wars because of the action, that doesn't mean I will go around shooting up my school. There is something called honor and integrity.

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Like I've said, no decent individual likes war, but some decent individuals have to know how to fight a war. Canon is like International law > Federal laws > state laws > local laws. As long as it doesn't DIRECTLY contradict with G-canon its valid.

22. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

all of those were made by control freaks hell bent on controlling people's thoughts and language. Even George carlin said it, and it's absolutely true.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  23. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The Federation is impossible until someone can figure out how to make a replicator, until then ( or maybe inventing a replicator won't help ) the green paper is what make the world go around.

P.S. Green paper = $$

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.