Sciforums Fleet

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Thor, May 19, 2004.

1. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

UT OF GAME: Can we get back to the game???

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

At the Gawain carrier....

"They destroyed missile tubes 1 through 5,"

"Sir, our Mobile Suits are being taken out, Omega Team is down,"

At the Vichi Fleet....

"2 scout ships are destroyed, 1 light cruiser is down,"

The Vichi commander said running out of patience,

"Are you ready?"

The Xenturian commander replied,

"We are doing final checks we would be ready in a few minutes,"

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

*Boom*

This blast hit near the bridge. Survivors are unlikely.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Yah, but by agile I mean quick, destructive, and most of all subtle.

A giant mech that's one hundred feet tall that fires lasers of greater calibers than 200 mm is literally the opposite of subtle

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

I mean like a single guy in a nanosuit, going invisible, planting C4 all around a base, setting up mines at the entrance, and shooting randomly. Than blows up c4, as infantry and vehicles run out the entrance, they run into mines. By the time their organized and have any sort of counter attack, the nano suit soldier is a mile away.

That is agility and subtlety.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: They are VERY quick and destructive, as proven in Gundam. Mobile Suits also very maneuverable. Did you know that the Mobile Suit Zaku came from the Japanese word Zako meaning lesser fish, suggesting they were grunts, that was the original concept

9. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

"All systems green, all cannons are ready!"

"Fire at will!"

The cannons from the surface of Mars started destroying Black Hole ships, that got their attention.

10. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

OUT OF GAME: Stop argueing and post. The fact is, Guerilla Warfare is all about being sneaky. Mechs are not very sneaky.

IN GAME:The Aggressor was floating while firingit's weapons. Still no signs of life on the bridge.

11. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: They aren't guerrilla fighters, but they are maneuverable, fast and deadly. There is some like the Blitz in Gundam SEED that have stealth. We are posting

In Game: Shogun was exhausted extracting information for the analysis, but he pushed himself, he knew he had to work as fast as possible to save Earth.

12. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: Shogun, they are not subtle, there is no point to guerrilla warfare if you cannot hide or conceal yourself in 20 seconds. A mech takes far, far too long to conceal and the fact is that it will paralyze my ability to wage guerrilla warfare. Shogun, I know how much you like the idea, but the fact is they are not stealthy or sneaky, and 75% of guerrilla warfare is stealth.

"Sir, were just about ready down here, we have the radios working and the tunnel system is completed"-Gunny

"Good, the fleet is losing ground, theyre gonna be overrun soon"-Zero

"Send out a message to the 30 other bases and the hundreds of ammo dumps and smaller bases, tell them to hang tight, and avoid capture and to stay low, tell them that in one week from this transmission, send a single short burst identifying themselves, than we will know who has survived and who hasn't"-Zero

"aye aye sir"-Gunny

"also tell shogun, were ready down here, he can fall back to delta when he gets the chance"-Zero

13. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Shogun, I cannot use them, that's that, they aren't subtle, they are noisy and hard to move around, and I cannot hide them and service them. They will divert resources that I need elsewhere and will deplete fuel reserves much faster than any light vehicles I have now. I will not use them for guerrilla warfare for the simple fact that the primary idea of guerrilla warfare is to cause chaos. You create chaos through a lot of smoke and mirrors and instead of having a hundred enemies shooting right at you, you have them all shooting in different random directions, so you are only facing a fraction of the firepower. The mechs are a giant bulls eye. They defeat the purpose because they give the enemy something to aim at and direct their firepower.

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: I am not fighting a guerrilla war with them and not on the same battlefield as you, I am fighting in space, desserts and such, where the enemy armor and base is going to be. I am already at Delta, I never left.

In Game:

Xenturian Fortress....

"Sir, the Black Hole fleet is coming this way,"

"All ships lift off, get all the turrets on line,"

"Aye sir,"

The Gawain carrier,

"Order our Mobile Suits to target the enemy gunships and landing ships, we can't let them land,"

"Aye sir, we only have Delta Team and Julius Team to spare,"

"We will make do, we will stop as many as we can,"

15. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: I said, I would be using them, they are my responsibility. I am using them in space and against heavy enemy armor and bases. I said they are all going to die as well

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

"Our engines are dead sir, we are sitting ducks,"

The carrier's commander then ordered,

"I don't care, we would fight till the very end,"

Meanwhile, at the Xenturian and Vichi Fleet,

"Sir, 25% of our fleet is wiped out, there is too many of them!"

"We have a mission to preform and we will do it,"

At the Minerva....

Shogun got a report from his researchers,

"Sir, there is something I think you should know, the invasion was only the expeditionary fleet, the vanguard and main invasion are yet to come,"

Shogun was surprised,

"They are serious about this aren't they,"

He sent a message to Captain Omega,

"I am sorry to tell you that the fleet you are fighting is only the expeditionary fleet, it seems that the Black Hole Empire really want us gone,"

Shogun then pondered, whats their motive?

17. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

Okay you guys, so how about some things about the black hole empire?

The soldiers are genetically modified to be seven feet tall, heavier, but lose efficiency of their blood system.

But the average black holian, (can we just call them holians?) look human and are of similar weight and size (idea being we can infiltrate the population).

Can we all agree?

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: You got my vote

They uses also uses some biotech weapons, ships and armor ( as in tanks, for armor I meant tanks ), what do you think?

19. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

"You guys, just an idea, maybe you should fall back, save the ships for later, you know, retreat and live to fight another day, we can have enough supplies to last a year or more, and we can always use things from the terrain, we'll hold em off while you reconstruct your fleet at delta. Good luck, I doubt we will see each other face to face for quite a while, Zero out"-Zero

20. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

hmmm.... yah sure, I can definitely do tanks.
    But biotech seems a tad extreme, I mean they would just end up carpet bombing my bases with poison and even if they can't find me I'd definitely get hit by it.

21. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

"Sir, new intel from Captain Shogun, it seems that we are only fighting their expeditionary fleet, we are going to lose without being of much use, the Xenturian Fleet is going to retreat to Delta,"

"The Vichi Fleet is going to retreat to Delta as well,"

"The Gawain carrier will not surrender, we will die fighting,"

"Good luck, this will be good bye,"

With that, the Vichi and Xenturian Fleet went into hyperspace, with microjumps and not going in a straight route to Delta.

22. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Out of Game: I meant like giant monsters and such.

23. fedr808 1100101 Valued Senior Member

OOC: yah, but that is somewhat, I dunno, unrealistic. The idea is nice, it's just that its a tad extreme.