Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually i think you are missing the point. Even one in a million Star Wars has Millions of pilots in the League of Han, Luke and Wedge. Besides you are assuming a lot. Before the Defiant, Star Trek ship tactics resembled earth naval tactics, even after the Defiant and the Intrepid starship dog fighting was not common. Finally computerized controls take much of the ease out of flying, why to you think for delicate work Riker and Paris perfer manual controls.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually if you read the prophecy it literally says restore the Balance, Vader did just that, after he helped Palpatine destroy the jedi there were only two fully trained Jedi left to counter the two fully trained Sith.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. fathom24 Guest

true but the only reason they can be flown so well in star trek is because they have a good commander, lol. kirk and bicard can have any substitute pilot and do just as well. star wars can have anyone flying about the same level of control and manuverability without the commander. oh and star wars has astro droids to fly their ships in evasive actions thats why they are the better pilots. and you can't find a battle really that doesn't use one of our earth naval tactics. heck even the greeks used those tactics. cheers :cheers:

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

So does SW win yet? can we finaly stop this and be friends?

8. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

Well i'm off may the force be with you.

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

I dunno, I still think Trek would eventually win...

It'd be another US Revolutionary War- things would suck at first, but we'd triumph eventually through sheer willpower and determination. Short of utter extinction (which I doubt the Jedi would allow anyway) Trek would never give up

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

10. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Actually, it would not go quite so well for the Federation. After Star base One is destroyed by the Eclipse, and the DeathStar is in orbit. The SW side will have Earth. it won't take human ten seconds to realize they have infinitely more rights and better lives under the Empire than under the Federation.

11. fathom24 Guest

both sides fetchin' rock. But star trek would fall under the amount of infaltry that star wars has. star wars has them out numbered. every trekkie to about 30,000 clones. plus the batterie gun on star wars kick A. so then star wars would win and peace would once be brought to the galaxy again, lol. but truth be told star trek would put up a good fight since it is as big as a super star destroyer. cheers

oke:

12. Hard For Kirk Registered Senior Member

Trek would Win if Kirk was still alive.
    but hes far up somones ass

i love kirk

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Infantry would get owned to say the least... hand phasers have already shown the ability to utterly vaporize matter so there's no real contest there.

14. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

A squadron of tie-bombers can take out your infantry, by the time you can target them, they are long gone.
    Meanwhile rebel paratroopers can sabotage your main defences, leaving the door wide open for gungans, wookies, droideka's, stormtroopers, and thousands of other species.

With one Jedi supporting them to mindblow the phasers out of the hands of survivors.

Think about it, it's your home planet, are u willing to blow it all apart trying to save it?
    Earth's sky could see black of droidfighters. Oh i bet you can bring down many but in the end, you'll loose.

And Isd can take some large asteroids into his tractorbeam and use it to slingshot them towards you stations orbiting earth. try blowing them in time.
    Or boba fett just blows the entire asteroid belt towards earth.

If SW was to target earth. It would be destroyed before any ST ship comes to the rescue. By the time they get there, we are invading the dominion.

And you can be surtain that they would make earth a primary target. being one of the important planets, if no THE.

their are numerous solutions of wiping out earth so be prepared to be oblivarated.

15. Saquist Banned Banned

It's not the sort of balance.
    you're thinking of balance in terms of equal amounts of Good and Bad. That's not what the balance was refering to.

The Jedi were the imbalance. The Jedi created the Sith Lords. They presumed to learn the abilities of the original Sith and that spread throughout the galaxy. However...instead of propperly placing those with abilities they inadvertantly created an imbalance by turning away indviduals they felt "unworthy" of too young to learn to be a Jedi. They created the Dark Jedi and the Dark Jedi gave way to Sith Lords. The animosity between the two caused by exculsion...partly.

No, the balance that they refered to was the propper view of the force....That there is no Dark or Light Side of the Force as Luke discovered in the New Jedi Order. He discovered the true nature of the force...That the force has no limitation of light and Dark. The balance was the destruction of Sidious and the Destruction of the Old Jedi Order.

16. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hand phasers can't even penetrate light packing crates as witnessed by MANY DS9 firefights.

17. Darth FartKnocker Registered Member

I am the Darth Plaguess on this matter....

I reference hard facts from the shows, movies, physics, and other truthfull sources:

uring an invasion by Cmdr McDuff's alien species, Picard gives reference to lasers and there vast inferiority to Trek's defenses. Now I will keep that in the context of smaller powered lasers perhaps and not the Death Star mounted planet crusher. Who knows though, perhaps the Enterprise E or Prometheus class starship could withstand even that laser though taking heavy shield and hull damage. I doubt though that the D.S. could get a lock on Star Trek starships, they are highly manueverable.
    2:Let's talk about Star Wars ion cannons which are a whole different outcome vs Trek tech. Ion cannons specifically disrupt shields and unless Trek tech is vastly superior I would predict ion cannons mounted on star destroyers would be a very effective first line of offense, but they better hurry up and take down Star Trek starship shields down. After shields have been disrupted I see star destroyer turbo lasers possibly making some cheese in the Federations gamma welded hulls although gamma welds are very tough. Against ablasive armor like the Defiant forget about it! Keep in mind that I am advocating for the more powerful Star Trek starships like the Enterprise E, Prometheus, Defiant, Voyager, those type of ships.
    3:What about KamaKazi Tie Fighters running into Federation starships? I see heavy Star Trek casualties, a very real scenario. What about Vader hailing Federation captains one by one and closing life support via the force, you get me?
    4:Just the sheer #'s that make up the galactic empire would run the Federation of the map. The Federallies would have to bring the Dingdongs, the WillyRomulans, and the Caddyshack-ians, you get me?

I was conceived by MiniCalorians, my wisdom is abolutely / abolute, you get me?

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

True Q, Data lists the power output of the Warp drive as 12 billion watts, which is taken as per second. now a 1/15th second blast from a Heavy Turbolaser is 52 billion watts. See a discrepiency?

How does a ship stand up to a 12 gigaton weapon, let alone 60 of them.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

one word fremin

20. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

21. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

two words: Death Star

22. Fettman #1 Bounty Hunter Registered Senior Member

two words: boba fett >_>

23. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

in dune they have invisble ships that canfire invisble look at house atradies. use those to sneak fremin into the death star and boom you have a fremin death star plus you have people who can see the future so death star a problem but when that would be overcome and boba fett would not last 2 seconds against a your fremin girl let alone an adult

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.