Journey to the Center of The Yellowstone Caldera

Discussion in 'Pseudoscience Archive' started by HectorDecimal, Feb 16, 2012.

1. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

The only ones that can do anything about it are the ones that will be affected. It's like Japan. They have lived there and fought the hazards of nature for thousands of years, but did they learn how to be smart about it all?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Pincho Paxton Banned Banned

Oh, you think pollution? I thought you were talking about something bigger. yeah we can do something about pollution.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

I was not saying pollution. The fact is I don't think stopping pollution dead in its tracks tomorrow will stop mother nature in hers.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dale Geriatric friend of trolls Registered Senior Member

Same here. I could talk a little straighter in a PM where trolls cannot go. If you are juggling solar flares with all that other stuff, I don't know if it matters, but my clue, even if true, isn't laying around anywhere else AFAIK. Cause and effect sure gets switched around.

8. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Hold on there. We went over this earlier in this thread or another one. Provide a frigging citation. There is no way you were 30 deg Farenheit above normal! We already demonstrated - and you conceded - that you were three or four degrees above normal. It seems even when you are corrected you still spew out the same nonsense. Incredible.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. AlexG Like nailing Jello to a tree Valued Senior Member

10. Ophiolite Valued Senior Member

Is he talking averages, or a single daily temperature? I see what you mean. It's probably the latter. The trouble is he is so bloody vague and inconsistent one has to intrepret almost everything he posts.

11. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Awwww... c'mon. What would a good thread be without a few trolls? They were all the rage in the 60's...

12. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryoseism

Aside from the confusing stuff, this is pretty much what I've been discussing as a possibility around the caldera in the event of a short "ice age." This suggests it may have occurred in the 1600's and could happen again... maybe soon.

13. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

CHANCE OF MAGNETIC STORMS: NOAA forecasters estimate a ~30% chance of geomagnetic storms around the poles on April 9th. That's when a CME is expected to deliver a glancing blow to Earth's magnetic field. The cloud was propelled in our direction by a solar filament erupting on April 5th (movie). High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras. Aurora

This is from Spaceweather.com

That makes 5 out of 6, unless we look at it from a 10 day margin, in which case it would be 6 for 6 predictions correct.

14. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Now we have the drum roll: The filament erupts. The CME fizzles out. 4 quakes occur. 2 near Indonesia and 2 not so far from the antipodes in Michoacan, Mexico and the California Gulf. All exceeding M6.

Just logging data and pointing out sequential events.

15. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

And once again proving that humans have an amazing ability to see patterns where none exist.

16. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

And once again proving that some humans are incapable of thinking imaginitively at all, or at best in less than 3 measurements

...which is why they fail at generating anything original. Monkey see. Monkey doo. Monkey throw doo.

17. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

Post #191 was, as stated, logging sequential events. Of course Spaceweather and SOHO's site are really lying. The last 2 days really didn't have those quakes.

I am lying.

18. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

Your being too hard on yourself!

You are simply seeing patterns in random noise and jumping to unfounded conclusions. It is something that is very common in human beings; that is the reason that the scientific method is so important when trying to determine cause and effect.

19. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

You are making assumptions about my assessment. Personally I don't believe you would know any scientific method unless it is your accepted version. The masses are asses and mainstream is a product of the masses, not of the courage to embrace the unusual.

I am lying.

20. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

And today Mt. Etna thought seemed a good day to eruprt.

21. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

You have been asked over and over for any data to support you ideas and you have been unwilling (or unable) to do so. I put together a graph that relates sunspot activity to earthquake frequency.

I don't see any correlation. I did not do a statistical analysis of the data to verify it but it seems pretty clear you hypothesis is DOA. I realize this won't stop you from repeating your nonsense, but maybe this will get you to actually do some research or data analysis. Saying stuff like Mt. Etna is erupting!!, ain't cutting it.

22. HectorDecimal Registered Senior Member

I put the data there as it presents itself. You simply are too uneducated to make any correlations.

What I find outstanding is your inability to comprehend simple written paragraphs without embellishing them to suit your mean spirited purposes. You want the data to prove your version of what I've been depicting, not what is meant.

Johnny can't read. Is Johnny dyslexic?

23. origin Heading towards oblivion Valued Senior Member

No, I am too educated to fall for your pitiful, ignorant handwaving.

I supplied data - talk to the data and quit being a clown.

What is your problem? Is this suppose to mean something?

Why don't you really shock me and at least make some semi-intelligent comment on the data I supplied.