Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ricrery Banned Banned

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

:wtf: You just said that OBS thinks about them t destroy them. Now you say he doesn't? Get your story straight.

How many times were we over that? I evn said to you I was joking about BSG. You know, a joke. Sorry if you couldn't comprehend that.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

And that is why OBS failed to save SPACEBATTLES Omniverse from the roundhoue kick of doom?

Sorry, typo there. It was a googelplex *add the word googelplex here another googelplex times* Omniverses.

Proof there is such a thing. If they do exist Chuck Norris already rules them.

Chuck Norris wins without even knowing he was in a fight in the first place.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

Did SB get kicked? Oh, I forgot, a kick from Chuck is harmless!

Too bad, you can't change it, for it says trillions, therefor you can't change it. OBS > Chuck = FACT.

OBS allows Chuck to live, because he needs an employee that accepts his superiority.

8. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

The version of SB that got kicked was destroyed.

:bugeye:IF its a typo that means it was incorrect. I just stated the CORRECT number.

Completely INCORRECT: OBS IS SIMPLY ON THE VERY SHORT LIST OF THINGS CHUCK NORRIS ALLOWS TO CONTINUE TO LIVE.

9. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Tell that to the Commies.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

You should replace the word FACT with the correct term: RANT.

Right. OBS is an ant compared to Chunk.

10. ricrery Banned Banned

Your delusion is about to be broken on SB.

11. ricrery Banned Banned

*Dies laughing*

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

Moderator note:

I'm receiving a LOT of reports about different posters in this thread.

Reviewing the thread, I see a lot of swearing, a lot of personal insults flying back and forth, a lot of flaming of people who hold different points of view etc.

If I have to devote much more time to moderating this thread I will consider one or both of the following actions:

(1) temporarily banning ALL offenders equally and ruthlessly.
    (2) closing the thread permanently.

Personal insults seem to be taking the place of any actual discussion, which indicates to me that this thread is probably past its use-by date.

Change your behaviour or this thread ends.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Holy SHIT... 6 pages while I'm at work...

6 pages of what looks like... well... literally, simply yelling at each other...

UGH.

14. alpinedigital Registered Senior Member

Yeah you blink and the children just run a muck all over the place... off topic and just flooding the thread with nonsense comments. Nothing about Trek or Wars.

15. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Don't forget the giant walls of Zeros.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Ok now, no more bringing up Chuck Norris in this thread. It only causes chaos.

16. Hellblade8 Valued Senior Member

Guys? Can you not bring spacebattles debates over here to this forum? It's rather annoying. This is ST vs. SW and has been for about a thousand pages before this stupidity began. Let's get back on track.

17. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm actually thinking we need to hammer out a definite list of criteria for this debate. That way we have a foundation from which we can debate and possibly prevent irrelevant squabbling.

Here's a possible agenda:

1. One week to generate a list of criteria. (anything can be presented)

2. One week to debate the items on the list and apply amendments. (amendments allowed only through a majority vote over the course of a day?)

3. One day ratification of the specific items. (Tally votes for and against from 12:00 AM to 11:59 PM)

4. One day ratification of list. (If voted down repeat step 2 with only one day instead of a week and repeat step 3 & 4)

Thoughts anyone?

18. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

I'm all for it. I'm tired of rants, and personal attacks. I'm sure that is not the kind of thread Pollux V would have wanted.

19. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Suggestion: how about, once a particular issue (e.g. the firepower of the Enterprise or whatever) is settled, you create a separate thread for future reference. And list the relevant factors and sources.
    That way anyone coming into the debate can check up on what's already been done without wading through 1,000 pages.

20. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

How about a social group? That way someone doesn't have to dig through th forums to find the thread?

21. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Social group message can't have as many words as a post, and don't hold links as links.
    Just a thought.

22. Sardonic Crisis The God Emperor Registered Senior Member

I think a group would work as long as the official goings ons remains on this thread. It would be nice if we could get a moderator to support the list of criteria in an official capacity.

23. Omega133 Aus der Dunkelheit Valued Senior Member

Lets see what everyone thinks of the group idea.

Was this a hint to Dyw, or just a suggestion?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.