Why do Americans still dislike atheists?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Fraggle Rocker, May 15, 2011.

1. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Yet you claimed: Two things we could never touch or learn how to control.

Maybe you just have difficulties with English...

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fraggle Rocker Staff Member

They're not like the Holy Wars of the 16th century, when all the Christians in Europe were trying to kill each other over arcana that the rest of us can't even understand. Today's holy wars have multiple causes, but the sides are aligned by religion and religion is one of the major causes.
    But at least the work of the scientists also provides benefits to mankind. Sometimes I think the only thing religion--especially the Abrahamic varieties--does for mankind is to reinforce his Stone Age tribal instinct and encourage him to notice the differences between him and his brothers rather than the many things they have in common.
    One of my main objections is that he is not much of an authority on religious people. I'm sorry I can't dredge up the details after two or three years, but he once made a categorical statement about the way Christians "have always" treated other people that was complete bullshit and incredibly insulting. It's no wonder Christians hate him.
    You're getting too accustomed to hanging around with atheists who are scientists or scientist wannabees here on SciForums. Not all atheists have scientific training, and not all understand the scientific method, much less go around enforcing it.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

Have you composed a strawman? Thanks for reinstating my point of nothing profound coming from theses machines that detect subatomic particles.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Ah, so you do have problems with English.

False.

8. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

So your standpoint on the issue is no matter how big, small, quick, shortly lived, or monstrous the particle or whatever dark matter is we will strive for thousands of years to detect them all. Not a well thought out plan.

9. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Nope.
    You're still having problems with English aren't you?

10. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

You have problems revealing your position. A more deeply seeded problem than your "true English" bias over my fluent American.

11. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

My position isn't in question. It's your statement that we will never be able to see/ touch/ make use of dark matter or the Higgs that's under contention.

How do you "know"?

12. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

I never said you wouldn't see...

I know because I know one thing that can not lie. Nature itself would not lie to us if it were all in the same place. All the natural pure Elements placed side by side confined yet connected to the universe in a way no human could understand.

13. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

“Whoever knows he is deep, strives for clarity; whoever would like to appear deep to the crowd, strives for obscurity. For the crowd considers anything deep if only it cannot see to the bottom: the crowd is so timid and afraid of going into the water.”-Nietzsche

14. Dywyddyr Penguinaciously duckalicious. Valued Senior Member

Balls. You don't know.

Arrant nonsense.

Ooh, and a meaningless quote too.

15. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

"Sharpest criticism- One criticizes a person, a book, most sharply when one pictures their ideal."-Nietzsche

Till I hear some actual sharp criticism I'm inclined to believe you have not the slightest clue of what I speak.

16. Captain Kremmen All aboard, me Hearties! Valued Senior Member

In a nutshell, what is it that you are trying to say?

17. gmilam Valued Senior Member

Hard to tell. He seems to be striving for obscurity.

18. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

There is a better way to veiw our natural world than searching for the intangible to solve our misunderstandings in nature. We should view it through the eyes of nature itself not these machines. Assimilate all the elements of the periodic table into a singular object and allow them to detect the higgs and reveal dark matter. If you want the truth ask nature. I won't pretend to know all that will be revealed but to say I have an idea would not be a stretch.

The problem will always be finding someone with a high enough intellect to objectively understand my standpoint. So far only a couple grasp the idea to an extent worthy of any merrit. None are among us.

19. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

Now that was truly hilarious!

Thank you for the laugh!

20. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

your welcome.

21. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

That would be, "You're welcome."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

22. NietzscheHimself Banned Banned

23. Kennyc Registered Senior Member

I call it sharp criticism.

That's what you wanted, right?