Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Stop making yourself look like an idiot already and read what you posted more closely.

1. Everying but the novels about the movies unless otherwise said by Lucas falls under C canon. That is where the ICS is.

2. You have the possibility that ICS MIGHT be G canon, but only if it can be proven that Lucas used it himself and approved of it.

It should be noted that Lucas has stated he doens't touch C canon at all.

I can get the quote later if you don't believe me.

Now as I have said before, it doens't bother me if you use ICS or not, I just have to nitpick everything that is incorrect until corrected.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ricrery Banned Banned

ICS is a movie reference book, not a novel. It's short for "Incredible Cross Sections".

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Correct, I said only the novels of the movies fall under G canon and other novels and books etc. fall under C canon. That is what I corrected you on.

Eh, at least you should have some movie level G canon backing you for at least low Gigaton level firepower with HTL with the link I posted

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. ricrery Banned Banned

Maybe, it also stated that one turbolaser blast could fry a small city, and that would be megatons, but considering Star Wars cities are obviously (Coruscant is a city!) bigger, it would be gigatons. ICS or not, they're stronger.

8. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

I hate to say it but only movies are G canon

9. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

watching the clip he gave us, just helps to re-enforce what one of us said earlier: if one fighter can take out a star destroyer like that, it makes me laugh to see people defending SW technology when the evidence is so laughable it make you cry.

10. Char Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN!!! Registered Senior Member

Cool,Im 17 on April 24th how bout you?

11. Char Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN!!! Registered Senior Member

I love Japanese anime subbed, the song you mentioned is the firt opening for Gundam 00 one of my faviourites to, you ever heard of an anime called School Rumble?

12. ProphetofWisdom Almighty Tallest Registered Senior Member

Incorrect, there are other G canon sources, it just Movie G canon> Lower G canon and everything else.

Time of event please? We see in that same one an Imperial class-Star Destroyer taken out by HTL bolts that have to be at least in the low Gigaton range there.

If your talking about the Super Star Destroyer I will now face to palm.

1. The firepower of the rebel fleet was able to take out the bridge shields of the SSD and the fighters took out one of the sensor globes. If you try and claim those are the shield generators please point out where those same globes are on rebels ships.

2. The A-Wing took out the bridge through pure luck and the backup bridge did not have enough time to take control with the engines going haywire and flying the entire ship right into the Second Death Star.

13. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Its off topic but....

No, I finished watching:

Naruto
    Gundam SEED
    Gundam SEED Destiny
    Gundam OO
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2
    Full Metal Panic
    Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu?!
    Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

I am watching:

Mobile Suit Gundam
    Gundam Wing
    Macross Frontier
    Macross Zero
    Death Note
    Naruto Shippunden

P.S. School Rumble is by Sunrise right?

14. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

The SSD was being pounded with everything the Rebels have and is ordered not to fire any of its guns. Just to show how powerful the shields are, the SSD crashed into the Death Star and it barely scratched it. No critical/visible damage. it doesn't matter what level of canon it is, its still valid.

15. Char Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN!!! Registered Senior Member

Yeah sorry I was reading what I missed, anyway I don't think it is but it is really good, but only after about ten episodes, my fav characters are in it, both male and female

16. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

We are off topic so lets take this conversation to our profiles instead.

17. Char Dun Dun DUUUUNNNNN!!! Registered Senior Member

Im not sure but as the A wing was about to hit the bridge, the commander said Put the sheilds up, this would make you presume they were down which is pretty stupid to do in the middle of a battle, If it was against Trek all they would need to do is fire a photon or quantom torpedo, this would hit before the commander even had a chance to say sheilds up, effectvly destroying Warscapital ship

18. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

They were confident that the rebels won't even get close to them. They are arrogant, well if you had their tech and numbers you would be too.

19. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

if they couldn't control the ship even with a backup bridge, after being rammed by tiny fighter, the ships are truly pathetic....the bigger they are, the harder they fall.
    Now.....take a Dominion capital ship and those kind of kamakaze antics won't even affect it's sensors.

20. Shogun Bleed White and Blue! Valued Senior Member

Like I said, it was being pounded with everything the rebels have and they were ordered not to fire back.

21. ricrery Banned Banned

Apocalypse your wanking is laughable! The Dominion fire watts on their normal ships! WATTS! WATTS ARE NOT GIGATONS! The Enterprise lost its shields to 400 gigawatt and the ICS gives turbolasers 200 gigatons. You just learned something: 200 gigatons >>>>>>> 400 gigawatts

22. Apocalypse2001 System Lord Registered Senior Member

and you never learn anything....talking and talking but not saying anything. I'll be glad when this planet gets detroyed by people like you. Then we'll see how much you like big guns. I'll be laughing my ass off when it happens.

23. ricrery Banned Banned

Well Trektard, I bet you believe Star Trek WILL happen, what a pair of dumbasses you are! So, because they used a cellphone like device, it means it inspired the cellphone? Man, you Trektards are mentally ill. Besides, Star Wars is real in the multiverse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.