Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saquist Banned Banned

Hives travel in Packs of at least 3 at most 12 that between 450 to 1800 fighters. No one carries or even has that many fighters.

Only Asfard or ancient shield tech (thus human) shields work in this way.

That is the nature of ancient technology. It uses vaccuum energy.

I'll look again.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Saquist Banned Banned

I think you were talking about the Ori ships. The Earth ship never misses.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

It is sorta hard to see them adapt, when they already have saw most of the stuff in the galaxy thousands of years ago. They can't copy most of the stuff in the galaxy, because you know what THEY ALREADY DID.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If this is true, then why haven't they begun to compress their technology, making it more efficient? A SSD, while decently powerful, is incredibly slow to maneuver... making it a sitting DUCK against a UFP starship!

8. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

You know there is no need for insults here.
    Anyways lets get to the point. I have always wondered why if Star Wars shields is so bad why can they survive ships crashing into them in hyperspace. I got news for you, they can block both at the same time. Personal shielding only need to stop transporters, the Katarn armor will do the actual blocking. Even if we never see them in the movies, it is still a part of Star Wars canon, as long as it doesn't contradict the movies without a reasonable explanation. They don't need to dodge phasers, they just eliminate UFP personnel before they knew what hit them. What makes you think high-powered ion cannons won't work? Even if charges can't blast it they can blast it with high-powered turbolasers to make a door. If droidikas have them, they can just put the shield generator on the Katarn armor, problem solved.

9. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Maybe they don't need to. They have good firepower and protection, it eliminates the need for maneuvering, because it is designed to fight and create fear, not to explore. The bigger the ship the easier it is to pack more firepower. Plus they did make it smaller, well at least the Mon Cals did, the result is the Viscount. Same firepower ( 4000 heavy turbolasers, and ion cannons ), smaller ship and more cargo space.

10. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

They can communicate real-time across the galaxy using HoloNet. What makes you think Star Destroyers are weaker?

11. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Well, remember what Skywalker said after that? Yeah, I think you remember too. It is just a exclamation about how hard it is. Clones do use computers but droids have computers for brains.

12. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

On Endor, they are half old Jango clones, and half normal humans that is nothing compared to Fett-clones. Star Wars can just use droids, and only use clones for commando jobs.

13. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Well, the Chiss side with the Empire so no point attacking them.

14. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Oh, I wasn't talking about Katarn's shields. I am talking about the Katarn armor the Republic Commandos wore

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

15. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

A communications system that Star Wars use. It have anything from entertainment to restricted military frequencies.

16. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

Sun Crusher only need to use one missile to destroy make a supernova.

17. Uchiha Madara Registered Member

The Centerpoint can let Star Wars use a good strategy, they can use a fleet of small frigates controlled by droids, and droid controlled old and battle scared Accalmators I-class to draw the attention of UFP ships then use Centerpoint to eliminate the decoy fleet as well as the UFP fleet. It would be a nice way to reuse, reduce and maybe recycle

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

. See, the Republic think about the environment. They use the 3Rs in a new way that helps the war effort. Star Wars is so environmentally friendly. I somehow think that the UFP won't like that deal at all.

18. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In red...

19. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

In red

20. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Simple...

1) There is a MAX SPEED you can send any wave based medium thru a vacuum.

2) SD's are very weak in that FIGHTER CRAFT pose a serious threat. It'd be like a P-51 Mustang downing a WW2 Battleship with it's machine guns...

21. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Very, very STUPID computers according to Clone Wars...

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Droids that run ships into planets and have trouble hitting STATIONARY targets? (reference, Clone Wars)

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Star Trek only needs one missile as well... but it doesn't need a mission-fit ship for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.