Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

I think ST have won for this night, or is it morning....

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Fungezoid Banned Banned

Paul Muad'Dib was the greatest telepathic and prophetic powerhouse there ever was. People like Q and the Jedi/Sith would have no chance. For crying out loud, he moved a planet and slammed it into another planet, and his son Leto is even more powerful. Leto also now is a creature he turned hiumself into that it takes 50 minutes for a high-powered lasgun to cut through his sandworm's outer armor. And he can pick up and throw a Guild Heighliner (48 kilometers long!) 4 miles into a planet, USING ONLY HIS PHYSICAL STRENGTH. When he also used telepathy, he PUT IT STRAIGHT THROUGH THE PLANET AND OUT THE OTHER SIDE. SEEING REASON NOW?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Wait, i'm confused, whose this Paul Muad Dib guy ?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

So? The Q can make planets disappear with the snap of their fingers. They could turn him into a spice beetle and chew on his innards if they so chose... They could also strip him and all Jedi/Sith of their powers

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

8. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

9. FoolFromHell Photons be Free. Registered Senior Member

I dont remember that, but I dont read many ST books.
    Can you tell me which book it is? The planet-sized ship, I mean. And the Galaxy-X class ship too...
    Im interested in reading them.

10. Oli Heute der Enteteich... Registered Senior Member

As fast, yes, but acceleration?
    Only if it has an equivalent thrust/ weight ratio and a commensurately increased structural strength.

11. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

Darth Vader can kill anybody.

12. Nickelodeon Banned Banned

Except Luke.

13. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

He could.

14. Sumoben Registered Member

Vader is dead.

15. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

But he is always alive.

16. Sumoben Registered Member

The Galaxy-X class was from an alternate future timeline, and possibly not even from any timeline at all, since it was a hologram created by the Romulans when they captured Riker. The only true combat ships in the Federation if I recall are, Prometheus (Multi-Vector Assault, and Phaser XII and Quantum Torpedoes) , Aikra (Armed with 15 torpedo launchers capable of firing Photon and Quantum Torpedoes, as well as Phaser X arrays) , and Sovereign [Armed with 16 Phaser XII arrays, and 4 Forward and 6 aft torpedo launchers, 1 being on a turret and able to fire 360. (This was mainly made to be a ship for defense purposes, against the borg, It also performs exploration and diplomatic missions, Also the class of the Enterprise-E)], and the Defiant class (Armed with 4 pulse phaser cannons; 2 phaser beam emitters; 2 forward torpedo (photon and quantum torpedo) launchers; 2 aft torpedo launchers).

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  17. Sumoben Registered Member

By the way, Star Trek > Wars, because the Tholian Web, projected by a fleet of ships can contain Star Wars ships and they would have no means of escape. And since it is Universe vs Universe, after all. The rest of Star Trek, Such as... Species 8472 Bio Ships could fire their weapons and destroy Wars ships easily, if it can destroy a cube in one shot, then it sure can destroy a Wars ship when many fire at one webbed ship, Or even the Species 8472 Energy Focusing ship, using as many Bio Ships as possible to power it and fire at any Star Wars ship.. No matter how powerful their shields are, they cant withstand the power of the Tholian Web and Species 8472, Not to mention constant bombardment by Federation's Aikra Class's 15 torpedo bays, and other heavily armed ships.

Edit: Also the web absorbs and dissipates the laser fire from the Wars ships...

Last edited: May 9, 2007
  18. Dontai Registered Senior Member

Q can change fabric of reality, himself, and on many many occasion he created his "own reality" Sherwood forest comes to mind. If he can change reality it self, why can't he simply change the the reality so that force doesn't work or this Paul Muad'Dib power don't work. Heck if any thing Q could make force disappear or turn captain picard in to super jedi. Heck if Q wanted to he could make it when Paul Muad'Dib use his power, his head turned into pumpkin or it rains browney from sky.

Q only fears more Q. He wasn't afraid guinan, he ask picard if he could destroyer her for crying out loud and on picard request he didn't. Noob trying to talk about trek ... *sigh* idiots! Fuck he would have vader and emporer on trial for crimes against humanity. The force is a joke. Heck he would probaly turn empor in to bug for pissing of picard.

screw star wars!

19. temur man of no words Registered Senior Member

20. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Not in space. A Huge ships needs only stronger engines and can move as fast as a fighter.
    No friction or gravity in space.
    The Defiant is huge compared to an X-Wing, but is just as maneuverable.I know this but i don't see the point of a battleship turning round his axis in a second because they all (ST and SW) paket with artillery;

I have no doubt that all ships can move fast but i really referring that in no series there's a massive battle between fighters that uses this technologie.

The Enterprise D and E can maneuver very well. Much MUCH faster than any ISD. ST ships can also pull off the Picard maneuver etc. with higher maneuverability.

ST ships can easily navigate in Warp and can fight in Warp with Torpedos. (Phasers move at speed of light. Useless in warp outside warp bubble.)
    Thats why it's scifi

when you travel a 7x lightspeed and move a millimiter from your calculated path you will hit something. but ok then Enterprise can navigate in warp; thats cool

The cubes are connected through subspace all the time.
    Voyager destroyed the main collective with a virus but there still are isolated Borg still alive. For the purposes of this talk, the Borg are still alive since the Empire was defeated Episode 6 and the only remaining units of the Empire are the Imperial Remnant. If SW keeps the Empire, ST keeps the Borg.

I don't mind ST keeping the borg. I meer pointing out that if Janeway and Picard can outwit the borg any intelligent human can.
    I'm just puzzled with this Q thing. I believe they would not mingle in the fight bewause they beleave their gods and so we are not wearthy of their attention. They like playing with lower species.

21. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

I've been looking at this pick and must say that Babylon 5 has the most biggest schips. ......but...............We still have the biggest.......+19000meters

Didn't know a cube was this big though. And what is that LEXX ship?

22. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

YES ! thank u finally I know the flaw in Q; you just outwit they in killing eachtother

just like the Sith. But they can be missed in the SW. ST depends on Q

23. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

hey Kittamaru,

Thx again for the pics, but do you think there a chart like that but with fighters; like those from SW and Galactica, Space above and beyond, and a whole lot of others?

I'm a prop builder and we build this 1 on 1; dont see us building Voyager :bugeye:
    We have a snowspeeder a stargate (5m dia) a speederbike; Alien and lots of outer. I'm thinking of building a Cylon Raider (old series) but need blueprints :shrug:

I'm much more into fighters anyway,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.