Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

How many Phantom TIE Fighters are there?
    Plus, BoPs are HUGE compared to TIE Fighters
    the larger a ship gets the more it's loses in manouverability. and manufatoring time is much much longer.while it will take months to build a bop. tiefightes rolls off the assembly line like cars.

The Borg will excel at combat.
    With no shields on the AT-ATs, beaming a bomb or troops to capture it will be no problem
    Indeed the beaming up and down is a big advantige for ST butt it has his flaws but yes it's a tough on to beat;

The ISDs turn on their axis very slowly and move relatively slowly.
    Their weapons mostly point forward...
    The Enterprise is the largest Fed ship and could run circles around any ISD. Plus, ST acknowledged that fact. It just was easier on the ships to be pointing upward...I meant this for small fighters not big battleships; there's no benefit of a big ship turning around it's axis

If that where the case it would take an very special pilot to fly that ship.
    Humans cant, g-force and stuff.
    I know a few races in SW who can go from -10 to +10 without blinking an eye. Are there species in ST who could fly a ship like thatInertial Dampeners? There are inertial dampeners in ST. Or else how can they fly the Enterprise at full impulse or Warp 9.975?
    The Borg arent bothered by G-forces anyway.?travelling trough hyperspace and turning around your axis would be suicide. again i meant this in dogfight
    [/QUOTE]

I have a little question; I possable be watching every spin-off of STseries theirfour this. I know the Borg have a collective mind. Is this just i a cube of do they connect all the time.
    Didn't the federation win from the borg. Just a question

I glad i joined this treath; I'm

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

learning a lot ST and SW stuff.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

yeah, i dunno about the wraith though. ...scary bastards.
    Also , the Inertial Dampeners can be boosted to withstand speeds up to Warp 9.98. Really Close to Warp 10. So at 10 times the speed of light , how many Gs would you pull ?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

The federation Won, twice in the Alpha quadrant, several times in the Delta Quadrant through voyager. They won because they had an advantage both times, through a link with the Borg through Jean Luc Picard.
    The Borg are a collective mind, all the drones are connected to each other and their queen,(if the queen dies, nothing dramatic happens, just the drones she was controlling directly dies) So a borg on the Delta Quadrant can share info with a Borg in the Alpha Quadrant on a species he just assimilated.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Star Trek has replicators. Using these they can roll smaller ships (Like BoP's, Norways, Defiants, etc) off the lines like the Ford Motor Company does with cars.

Inertial Dampners + Structural Integrity Field + Manuvering Thrusters means the BoP can probably outturn a bloody F22 raptor much less a lumbering Y-Wing or X-wing. An A-wing might be able to outturn it... but

Turning isn't a factor as torpedos track and phasers fire via arcs and don't have to be pointed at the target

The Feds beat the Borg via cunning - Janeway used viruses and gurilla tactics to win. Picard used his being assimilated (and thus knowing their every weakness) to beat them.

8. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Also, i think the Enterprise E was the best ship in the fleet, but there are larger ships outside the Federation, the Romulans have Warbirds which are slightly larger than the Enterprise, Klingons have larger Birds of Prey,but best of ALL, The Romulans and Federation have TRANSPHASIC CLOAK. It means that they can go through objects as they phase slightly out of this dimension, So what are your useless lasers gonna shoot at ?

9. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

The Enterprise-E is only a battlecruiser. The Federation has literal motherships that, while rare, are used for very deep space exploration (going by Extended Universe since Scotty Boiyo likes to call book series and games cannon). These ships are the size of small planets, but lack much offensive prowess themselves. However, their shielding is incredible and they proffer very strong armor. They also carry small starships and hundreds of fighters (peregrins) as protection.

The "biggest" vessel the federation has that is a true combat ship is, I believe, the Galaxy-X class. The underslung Heavy Phaser type A is powered directly by the second warp core... and punched a hole clean thru a Neg'Vhar in a single shot.

10. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

That sounds AWESOME. Could i get the link ?

11. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

flying straight on there is no g

12. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

13. Sumoben Registered Member

As stated in Voyager, Warp 10 is where you are in Every Point in the Universe, they can reach the speed, but the problem is that it accelerates the evolution process to a point where well... Tom Paris turned into something,... :shrug: for the lack of a better word, hideous. Also, they can't stop where they want to, they may end up half way across the galaxy.

14. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

15. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

16. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Howmany borg are there and aren't they still at threat to Feds?

17. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

18. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

thank u very much;

19. Lord Vasago bcd Registered Senior Member

Inpressive indeed; but look at nature the bigger you are the harder you fall

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

thanks again for the pic

20. Sumoben Registered Member

You don't always fly straight, because in Voyager, the computer could maneuver the ship while in Warp. Though If I recall correctly, there are no dampeners while in warp, only during the acceleration, the warp field bubble creates its own redundant dampeners and artificial gravity.

Edit: Through the bending of normal space..

21. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

The Borg are still around, whether they are a threat is unknown, as Voyager has returned, After a Borg attempt to assimilate earth by building a new queen on earth was foiled, the UFP is on the alert but they've been quiet so far.
    Also another fact i forgot to mention, the borg have TRANSWARP Conduits, which enables them to warp from Alpha to Delta Quadrant in no time.
    So it takes minutes to do what hyperspace would take.

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Possibly Vasago, but this proves a point:

Scott keeps saying how "SD's would dwarf most ST ships"... yeah, but a few meters. The Acclamator class was only 752 meters... the Federation Sov was 685. The Rommie Warbird is over 1300 meters!

The IMPERIAL class SD was only 1600 meters long. And most of it's weapons pointed fowards. If it's that long, and the engines are in diameter, roughly 1/12th the length of the ship, that means the engines are at least 120 meters tall! An EASY target to send a photon torpedo into.

23. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Course, then there is the 9.8 KM Voth City Ship... yeah. Good luck with that one scotty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.