Who pays for incoming call to cell phone?

Discussion in 'Business & Economics' started by Dinosaur, Feb 6, 2008.

1. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

i pay $110-sh/mo for two lines
    $70 - +700 minutes daytime shared, unlimited night/weekend and 5 free "faves" each
    $20 - my internet (required for sidekick, NEVER buy a sidekick. srsly, rip off.
    $20 - unlimited text messeges for both lines

so really it evens out about the same, except i don't have a limit on calls.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

nighfall that was Australia Dollors you do realise not US$

So you need to multiply my costs by 1.2 at the moment to get US$

Oh and my dad used to be on a $5 plan, that was line rental and he then just paid for the calls he made.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. NightFall Lazy Hedonist Valued Senior Member

still puts us about even - you have one phone for 50, i have 2 for 110.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

that is a high use plan though, as i said my father had a $5 plan, ive had prepaids where you pay whatever the calls you make are ect

you NEVER pay for incoming calls no matter HOW much you pay

8. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

You're not making sense to me. What do you mean, $45 a month for up to $500 calls? Do you mean 500 minutes of usage? You keep talking about the person making the call has to pay. With our plans, NO ONE is charged anything, not even minutes, on either end if a 'favorite' or made on nights and weekends. Sandy can talk for hours to her daughter that lives several hundred miles away without it costing either one of them anything other than the basic rate. Two free Motorola Razors were also included in the plan. My rate is $89 plus taxes per month for two phones and the text messaging plan ($79 without TMs). Why in God's name did you sign a contract that costs your friends and relatives money every time they call you?

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

no i mean $500, take SMS's they are chared at 16cents each so you could make more than 1000 SMS's without paying anymore. The same with phone calls ect

This is to ANYONE, not just your friends but any phone

10. Avatar smoking revolver Valued Senior Member

I pay about 20-30$/month.

11. 2inquisitive The Devil is in the details Registered Senior Member

Well I looked up your cell phone plans in Australia and I prefer ours. (one of the links below) For a $45 plan, the charge is about 44 cents per minute, plus the current plans listed for Australia do list a connection charge called a flagfall that is about 20 cents per call. Are you sure the flagfall charge was eliminated? About $26.40 would be charged for a one hour call. It is common for my gf to make several one hour calls a week. Typical woman. :booo: You get around 1100 minutes per month for calls you place, and no calls can be placed without charges added toward your $500 total. Here in the states, we can get a 1000 minute plan without 'favorites' for about $46 per month PLUS we get free calling nights and weekends to or from ANYONE and the call is not charged against our 1000 minute total. As I said, I am speaking of most private plans when I said incomming weekday calls are charged against our minutes. We speak with our friends and relatives mostly at night and on the weekends when we are not working. Most of our Business plans do include free incomming calls.
    http://www.telaustralia.com.au/mobile/mobile

12. Asguard Kiss my dark side Valued Senior Member

well i have never herd of THAT company, Im with optus, dad is with Telstra, my sister is on 3. Vergin is quite small and vodophones not bad. It depends on what you want, vodophones good if you dont want 3G. 3 is a bloody rip off

However no matter WHAT you want to pay right up from the "i have a phone incase my kids need to call me or i get hit by a car" to "Im female and i cant get OFF the phone" (ie my partner

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

) you NEVER pay for a call or a message YOU dont make