The Qur'an

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Michael, Jul 23, 2009.

1. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

In other words, you believe only that which agrees with your Islamic cult indoctrination and nothing more.

Yes, that is quite obvious.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Just as I know you're fantasizing.

I see, your version of "enlightenment" is fantasizing, which is what I assumed in the first place.

In other words, take a fact, like nature's existence, and fantasize it was created by magic, while ignoring the facts of how nature actually came into existence. Well done.

You're right. I can't possibly understand your gibberish based fantasies.

The definition of a word is irrelevant to your misuse of it.

Enlightenment: Education that results in understanding and the spread of knowledge.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

No... If I was simply going to match everything to my own understanding and only accept that then there would be no point in discussion in the first place. I said if someone does not have a satisfying philosophy then it is natural to stay with your own. You seem to like to jump to conclusions. But I think in your case everything goes back to a cult, so no surprise there

Peace be unto you

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Funny thing is I don't think I ever said that the meaning behind nature being God or something of the sort, it could be for me but we were discussing the general idea of enlightenment. Goes on to show that you didn't understand anything and are basically making pre-conceived assumptions (knowing that I believe in God).

Yes you are right you can't understand without reading what was written. Because "enlightenment" has nothing to do with "magic" which you were using in substitute for God (I presume). I was speaking in utmost general terms of what enlightenment is. But since you are such a strong believer in cults how can I possibly fantasize that you will read my arguments without pre-conceived notions

Really now? Re-read what I said and re-read the definition. Then say something about cults :bugeye:

Peace be unto you

8. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Seems like you did.

No, you were using YOUR version of "enlightenment," a version you most likely made up yourself, like you admit you do.

You can argue all you want about your cult's beliefs. You won't be able to demonstrate a single argument, hence it's all just your delusions.

I understand the definition, you don't.

9. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Your "philosophy" or whatever the hell you want to call it is simply cult indoctrination. If something doesn't agree with your cult, it doesn't agree with you.

Simple really. You're no different than any other cult member.

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Despite Q's ridiculous arrogance and bad temper, he does have a point there - you have openly stated (and demonstrated) that you have no acquaintanceship with even the ordinary stories and writings of philosophies other than your own, which appears to be derived from a single book and its specialized commentary within a group of believers in one religion and (from the sound of things) one culture.

On what grounds do you plan to evaluate and "compare" other philosophies, when you do encounter them some day?

11. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Unless he is particularly dissatisfied, is it incumbent upon him to do so?

(Q) himself was brought up without religion and has followed his own indoctrination.

12. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I think you have a problem following things. Michael asked me about something enlightening from the Quran which I did give, another poster mentioned the same thing can be found elsewhere to which I replied that that the fact enlightenment can be found in nature is no surprise to me. THEN we started to get into discussion what enlightenment actually is... Now if you followed this then you will see that I try to give a general meaning to what it is... from here on it had nothing to do with the Quran/God.

You couldn't even follow what was going on, I don't know-- maybe try following up on the definition again.

Perhaps to help you understand what I was saying in a scientific context so that you don't AGAIN misunderstand that I was talking about enlightenment having anything to do with God here:

The discovery of GFP is not enlightening. But the implications of its use in many different assays that help in experiments is enlightening. So it is not simply the fact of GFP's existence but rather what it can mean in a larger context, this "understanding" (from your definition

) is what I was claiming is enlightenment. I think that is why I specifically mentioned an example of "Photosynthesis taking place in a chloroplast" is not enlightening but it seem that have skipped you and so did the whole point of many of my posts.

I don't feel like teaching you how to follow a thread and how to read one especially how you understand examples in a post. :bugeye:

Peace be unto you

13. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Thanks again for your cult information. I wonder if this can be considered trolling?

Peace be unto you

14. iceaura Valued Senior Member

If he wishes to claim the perspective of having done so.
    If true (not immediately visible), so what?
    All meaning comes from context. I presume that not all meaning is enlightenment?

15. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

See your own comment above.

And I have yet to see where 786 has claimed such a perspective by simply saying that one is likely to stick with what one thinks best unless one comes across a better philosophy. Such truisms hardly require one to have exhaustively researched all existing philosophies. I would consider them self evident.

16. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Neither did I derive my comment from that statement by 786.
    Relevance?

17. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

It would be ridiculous only if cults didn't rule the world.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If you did not derive your comment from 786's statement, none.

19. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

No, I don't. I do have a problem following your made up terms, though.

As typical as it is for cult members to lie in order to support their delusions, you are no different. You said there were signs of god in nature, but couldn't substantiate that claim even if your life depended on it. That is not enlightening at all since there is no knowledge of those signs, but only your cult based beliefs in them.

Which quite obviously, you still don't have a clue.

For someone whose nose is buried in the Quran and only defines his world based on his own imagination and his cult beliefs, you have absolutely nothing to teach and a shitload to learn.

20. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

As a theist, you are offended if anyone criticizes your beliefs. It's a typical flaw in the theist mindset in that they believe the myths and superstitions of the past are their arms and legs.

21. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

I see......

Peace be unto you

22. 786 Searching for Truth Valued Senior Member

Thanks for repeating yourself, and again thanks for the information on cults.

Peace be unto you

23. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

Repetition should be something you're well accustomed, is it not?

But, I'm sure you'll continue to ignore the world around you in favor of your holy books myths and superstitions. Such is the destruction of mankind due to those cults. Very sad indeed.