Christian Attack on the quran over Foreign Words is Refuted

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by WarAgainstError, Aug 30, 2009.

1. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Like who?

And that isn't par for the course?

Let me throw a few words at you: Islamofascist, Islamic terrorism, War on Terror [the greatest irony of all] and Islamists.

What do they bring to mind? <tick tock tick tock>

Voila!

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Several on this forum, including Diamondheart and the OP of this thread.
    Nothing relevant to this thread or my posting. What is your point?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Its the same thing. Whether its Michael the clueless or <any American> the clueless, what they know about anything is not really relevant to what they do.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. swarm Registered Senior Member

Of course it has foreign words in it, and the took their alphabet from foreign sources. What of it?

There are very, very few unique languages and even they have foreign words in them. You'd ahve to be a religious nut to...oh, never mind.

8. iceaura Valued Senior Member

But it is relevant to why they do it.

9. Adstar Valued Senior Member

I have never heard or read an opinion by a Christian attacking the legitimacy of the quran based on it using borrowed words from other languages. And i have visited more than a few christian apologetic sites.

Most languages are peppered with foreign sourced words.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Seems like Michaels view of Christians is only paralleled by his knowledge of Muslims

11. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

I have a brilliant idea SAM - why don't you address the OP?

Does the Qur'an contain loan-words? Why does it appear to be important to the person who started the thread that the Qur'an NOT contain ANY foreign words and is "pure" unadulterated Arabic?

12. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

From what I read in the OP he said that the loan words were Arabic because they were a part of the Arabic language. Which makes sense. The English language contains loan words, are they a foreign language?

Meanwhile the entire verse which is being critiqued by the anti-Islamic brigade, has been misconstrued to misrepresent its meaning. So what does it mean? It means that whoever is using these arguments is completely clueless and has no idea that there are other verses which say, for example:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
  13. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Michael is pretty much only interested in expressing Michael’s views.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

14. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

There is a verse for that too!

"He did lead me astray from the Message (of Allah) after it had come to me! Ah! The Satan is but a traitor to man!" And the Messenger will say: "O my Lord! Truly my people took this Quran for just foolish nonsense." (Quran 25:29-30)

15. iceaura Valued Senior Member

You mean the pro-Islamic brigade.

The anti-Islamic brigade is not deriving its arguments from the Quran, in this matter - misconstrued or otherwise.

16. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

If you bothered to read the OP, its a response to criticism about the validity of the Quran by the anti-Islamic brigade

17. iceaura Valued Senior Member

No, it isn't.

It is a response to an illusion of such a criticism or threat to the Quran, on the part of someone who is deriving their arguments from the Quran. Even in the illusion, the "attackers" are not deriving their arguments from the Quran. The "defender" of Islam - which requires a literally true and purely Arabic Quran - is.

18. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

The OP can correct me, but I believe he started this thread after chancing upon this one

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=21547

19. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Sounds likely, although he mislabeled the inquiry as from "Christians" and the entire scene as an "attack" on the Quran - the observation that Arabic is one the standard human languages with all the basic features thereof is hardly an "attack" on the Quran, or a challenge to its validity,

- - is it?

20. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Yeah, except for those who think it does.

21. swarm Registered Senior Member

22. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Doesn't matter since the issue is irrelevant.

23. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

If praying to Xenu didn't affect my life then I'd happy leave you to it. But, as our last Commander in Chief led you all around by the nose to go on a good old Crusade "Huck Huck" killing thousands of Iraqi's and thousands of Citizens, well, it's become apparent to me that people have to stand up to this non-sense.

As for the opening post, I have spoken with many Muslims and most of them think the Qur'an is "pure" Arabic as in it contains no loan-words. The reason why this is important to them is because (and I quote) Arabic is Allah's language. It's a pretty common concept among Muslims that all of the world will be better when it's all Islamic and part of this is everyone speaking Arabic. And Americans think the world will be better when we mold everyone in our image too. Oh, and most people now speak English .. Ooo I mean American. I think even a blind man riding by on a bus can see where it leads? No? Nuke on Japan, Bombs in Korea, Villages flattened in Vietnam, Persians raped, cities plundered. Going back later and saying "we rebuilt Japan or we economically helped South Korea or hey, we saved a bunch of Greek manuscripts while we were looting monstaries.. just doesn't cut it.

Anyway, it seems SAM takes the right approach on the topic. To bad most Muslims weren't in some ways similar to SAM. She's OK. And you are OK too. The only way you could both can fix these last few brain-farts is to fall back to her own heritage or both go atheist

Until then it'll be fun watching her (and you) paint yourselves into little corners .. hahaaha.....

It's a bitch defending magical sky people and alien overloards, I feel for you. I mean, the fact that you stick to it after half a decade in and of itself says something!

Oh, lastly, I've met Xians who have told me the King James Version is the literal word of God, as in YWHA spoke in old English :bugeye: Whaddaya think Adstar, tis God speaketh the old tongue?

It's not my fault people are morons :shrug: