Star Wars vs Star Trek

Discussion in 'SciFi & Fantasy' started by Pollux V, May 9, 2002.

?

Which universe would win?

1. Star Trek

227 vote(s)
    35.5%
  2. Star Wars

268 vote(s)
    41.9%
  3. Spaceballs

47 vote(s)
    7.3%
  4. Farscape

12 vote(s)
    1.9%
  5. Dune

50 vote(s)
    7.8%
  6. Stargate

36 vote(s)
    5.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dontai Registered Senior Member

Scott i find your lack of faith disturbing

A fighter took out two death Stars (X2)
    A fighter took out your command ship
    A fighter took out your Star destroyer
    Am i only one seeing a pattern here?

Imperial ships are built out of playdough

You lose

Ps: The fighters that took you out were more then half were flown by whiny teenager, no offence Imperials are pathetic. Get over it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Oh becuase I believe in evidence as opposed to your stupoid comments?

The original Death Star was taken out using a flaw. A Pair of proton torpedos firing into a thermal exhuast port cuased a chain reaction that cuased the station to destroy itself. More than 36 fighters attacks the Death Star only 3 returned. However if the Rebels had not had a thorough technical readout and blueprint of the station the attack would not have succeeded.

Death Star 2 was destroyed by a Fighter and a heavily armed Freighter. However it was not completed yet and it's masssive reactor was basically open to space. If it had been completed such an attack would not be possible and the Death Star 2 was designed so that when it was complete there would be no weakness.

As pointed out above the single A-Wing fighter was not the only thing that had effect on the Executor. Saying that would be like saying Dirt and Wood destroyed the Saucer Section of the Enterprise D or that it took only one Torpedo to destroy the Defiant. Do you get the point yet?

Where? Show me were only one fighter destroyed a Star Destroyer all by itself.

Of course you, becuase there is no pattern. Therest of only wonder why you are babbling

Proof? And it better be good. Canon says they are constructed of Durasteel and Dura Armor

I'm sorry but you seem to be typing to yourself again.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Dontai Registered Senior Member

I seem to be typing to myself again? Listen to your self pal, no matter how many fact i bring up showing that star trek can win, you just ignore it and make up excuse. So, fine, i will play by your book, even no i didn't want to stoop to your level. Star trek will win becuase were imune to your "Lazer"

A fighter took out your command ship

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Saquist Banned Banned

But isn't that your problem? Shouldn't you try and remove yours before you point out someone elses.

8. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

i dont like star trek its gay,so i would say star wars would win, but i have seen both and the startrek people are a bunch of pussies, yoda would probably kick the entire cast of star treks universe by himself, they have lightsabers and we all know having a lightsaber makes you fucking cool and powerful and i want one.

peace.

9. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

roflmao, sarcasm and 12 year old thinking all in one. Good job!:bravo:

10. EmptyForceOfChi Banned Banned

damn straight,

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

11. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

Ignore poor little scotty here. He's having a hissy fit

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

He'll go away in time.

And, scott, if you weren't such a pathetic retard, you would have caught the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory reference and not cared about my mistype.

12. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

You have presented absolutely no facts and only present over simplifications.

I might also add that simple fighters took out both a Federation starship and a Klingon starship.Blew through them like a bullet through tissue paper. Not to mention in both cases where you see it in scene the Star Ship in question still had it's shields up and the fighter was flying well under quarter impulse. Bringing up where by fortitous action a fighter helped destroy a cammand ship is pointless when any idiot with a reasonably fast projectile the size of a schoolbus can obviously take out any Federation or Klingon ship , one shot one kill.

As for your comment about the lasers. The ship firing on the Enterprise-D was from a technologically backwards civilization form the Federation and using much less powerful weaponry. The Lasers possesed by that ship were probably in the megawatt range and thus little threat to the Enterprise. However canon Heavy Turbolasers are 150 times more powerful than the output of a Galaxy class starships Warp core. Even if the ship channeld all the energy into the shields the incoming energy bolt would blow through. Comparing the lasers of the show to Star Wars Turbolasers is much like comparing a .22 long rifle cartridge and 12 inch armor percing shell. Kevelar will protect you all day from .22 LR, but if the 12 inche shell comes near you you are dead meat.

13. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

If you refer to the Dominion wars, that would be because their weapons were able to de-harmonize starship shields, rending them useless. Also, that fighter crashed into that galaxy class at damn near full speed. It's also almost a third the size of the stardrive section that it crashed into!

In comparison, that A-wing was 1/10,000th the size, if not smaller, than the ship it hit... and BOOM BITCH!

14. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

The two ramming I am talking about happened before the Breen and their Deharmonizing weapons entered the situation so that point is nullifed. Second the firsters in question are only 109 meters in lenght and only 2,450 metric tons which mush thess than a third of the size of either vessel. Note also the ships in questio n slowed down and were only doing ~100 meter per second at time of impact. That is a kinetic energy of 12,250,000,000 joules or less than a Billionth of the effect of a Heavy Turbolaser. Even if were generous and increased the spead to 1000 meters per second that is still 1,225,000,000,000 joules and still insignificant next to the power of Star Wars weaponry. Might I mention neither of these craft seemed to explode on impact or deceelerate as the tore through the vessel.

BTW just for ugliness sake lets just translate a Heavy Turbolaser bolt inot the effect of a ram. For gigles only we will reduce the speed to 1000 meters per second and that gices us a mass of 104,000,000,000,000 or 104 billion metric tons. So a Heavy Turbolaser strike is equivalent of 104 billion metric tons striking at 1000 meters per second. Or (to be silly) it has the same effect as 1160 kilograms at the speed of light.

Did the Executor explode as a direct result of the impact? In other words was there no other force that affected the ship after the fighter struck it?

15. Dontai Registered Senior Member

exactly, Kittamaru. Scott in idiot. It was fighter class Star ship 12 times size of their "largest" fighter. It would be like MC40a Calamari Cruiser running in to star destroyer that had ben shot to heck by MC80a Calamari Cruiser for just under in hour. Thier was no way they could surive. It's type (Aka Star destroyer) was fighter, not that it was fight class ship. It would be like calling command ship a "fighter", does it make them a fighter? No! Second are pulse harmonic injecter make us imune all type of lazers. Second are dc/lm/10.5/sbm/pol/gh10/189op/fjer/neh/dcm class weapon will below your ship to high heaven.

Not to mention the fact your command ship was taken out by a "fighter" fighter.

16. Dontai Registered Senior Member

No, it just for no real reason at all flew back word two light year for no reason what so ever and crashed in to death star. :bugeye: Showing that any sane star wars fan would just give up and go home. Knowing they may hurts us but they can never brake us. No exscuse.

17. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Listen Moron, the Largest Fighter (B Wing)is 30 meters so the Dominion Attack craft are only little of five times that size. I gave you the relative Kinetic Energy compared to the energy of the Heavy turbolaser. Hell it isn't even in the same order of magnitude. Those ships at evel 1000 meters per second (which is MUCH faster that they were moving in those attacks) isn't even a thousandth as powerul as a Heavy Turbolaser. Do you get the point yet.

As for Pulse Harmonic Deflector it might stand a chance agains mega and even giga watt lasers but it doesn't stand a chance against something the strikes with more power that 150 warp cores can genereate. Are you not getting the damn picture here. It isn't that your outclassed like a .44 magnum outclasses a .45ACP. It Star Treks is using .22LR and Star Wars is using 12 inch naval guns in comparison.

18. TW Scott Minister of Technology Registered Senior Member

Hello! One can see from the seen that the SSD Executor was getting mauled by Rebel fire. Not to the point of breaking, but it wasn't pretty either. Her shields were taken out and so was some of the tracking capability. The A-wing kamikaze run to the bridge would have been largely superficial if it hadn't cuased the ships controls to short out and then cuase the ship to turn and accelerate inot the Death Star. Yeah you read thet right Accelerate! If it hadn't struck the Death Sat more than likely the ship would have survived for another day. Anyone who has watched the movie and has a basic understanding of reality got this. Though that does expalin why you don't have a clue.

19. draqon Banned Banned

such hostility here. all this is just imaginary.

20. Dontai Registered Senior Member

imaginary? Dude reality suck. If you like reality and wana fight over real world invents. Then go ahead and die in some stupid war that nobody really gives a f about. Star trek pawns. If you shoot us, we will just avoid your 12 inch naval guns and then sneak around and shoot your crew with are .22LR. You know how hard it is to hit troops with 12 inch naval guns? Besides i give you won thing, take out both main phaser bank rooms which connect to main phasor strips you will take off are phasers permently. You don't have that proplem, not with thousand of bored storm trooper sitting around manning their guns.

Thoe i hate to be them, only thing protecting them from atmosphere outside is the deflector grid, one stray shot and boom! The hole room decompresses and storm trooper get disintegrated. One phaser pass all the main gun are offline and crew who used it are dead. Proof star wars new hope extended edition.

Also proof that Imperial ships are built out of playdough You can clearly see X wing Lazer bolt go through 10700 meter of death star cuaseing storm trooper to be blown over to the ground in a nice exsplosion.

Again to prove star trek will win no contest.

21. Saquist Banned Banned

actually it's several times the power of a turbo lasers...try getting more powerfull than a phaswer....

22. Kittamaru Ashes to ashes, dust to dust. Adieu, Sciforums. Valued Senior Member

You do realize there is no kinetic energy what so ever in a laser blast? Photons have way to little mass to deal significant kinetic damage and that little energy is stripped away when they are coelesced into a single, adherent beam of light called a laser.

Same with a phaser. It is more energy than light in comparison to a laser. Lasers bursts = mostly light. Light is harmless energy (for the most part) but lasers also carry a bit of UV, IR, Thermal, and a little directed energy. That is why cutting lasers are so effective.

Assuming a blaster can carry even 250,000 times the amount of energy of a laser beam, they would STILL have no significant kinetic impact behind it. Why shows insist on showing ships being buffeted by these kind of "impacts" is beyond me.

On another note, please site references for the ship collisions you are talking about. I cannot recall, nor find, these collisions. I do not have the entire star trek TOS, TNG, Voy, DS9, etc series to run through and check, nor would I on a whim.

A final note - even is Star Trek weapons were somehow useless, they would simply bring out vehicles like the Prometheus or Voyager with her new ablative armor and metaphasic torpedoes. The transphasic shielding, which worked on a SHUTTLE and a Galaxy class, was able to withstand the heat, pressure, and radiation from being within the inner corona of a large Star. I doubt they would be worried about the thermal and kinetic energies of a blaster bolt.

EDIT

Oh, by the way. The whole .22LR / 12 inch naval battery argument is pointless. The 12 inch gun has longer range and better damage, that is all. The .22LR can fire more often, manuver faster, and shoot far more accurately. Size doesn't always matter mate... it's how you use it. Surely your wife/girlfriend has let you know that much...

23. grimlockprime Registered Senior Member

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWweakhull.html

Here are some good upclose collision shots from DS9 episodes and the SD's taking hits from asteroids as well. There is also some technical discussion about each collision.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.